Profile for Ford Shortland > Reviews

Ford Shortland

Ultrathin Keyboard Mini - White UK Layout
Ultrathin Keyboard Mini - White UK Layout

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 9 Dec. 2013
I LOVE this product! It turns the iPad mini/mini retina into an amazing little powerhouse!

Only downside to it I would say is the home key in the top left. I don't believe there really needs to be one at all, if we want a home key we'll press the home key on the iPad itself! That key gets irritating when you are trying to use and ! etc.

That aside, everything else about the product is amazing and very well thought out! Great job! Well worth the investment. =)

Sony DK 30 Docking Station Xperia Z Ultra
Sony DK 30 Docking Station Xperia Z Ultra
Offered by Handyparadise UK (Tax included)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, 9 Dec. 2013
This charger is good, but not great. It really needs more adaptors for it. It's currently made to fit the Z Ultra and the Z/Z1. Which it does fine, but it doesn't if you have a case on. A case on the Z Ultra, such as a hard plastic or a gel case will fit if using the Z1 adaptor for it, but if you have a Z1 you cannot use it with a case. There are after market docks that work far better with cases.

atFoliX Screen Protection Sony Xperia Z Ultra - Set of 3 - FX-Antireflex anti-reflective
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Top shelf product!, 9 Dec. 2013
This is amazing! High quality, smooth to the touch, doesn't reduce visibility of the screen and makes it 100 times more readable in direct sunlight.

GMYLE (R) Wallet Case Classic for Sony Xperia Z Ultra XL39h C6802 C6806 C6833 - Black and Green PU Leather Slim Magnetic Flip Stand Cover
Offered by Clever Gadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but overly powerful magnet, 9 Dec. 2013
I had two high end micro-sd cards die within a month of using this case. Thus, this case has ended up costing me over £150. The magnetic field generated by the locking magnets is just a tad too strong.

I'd love this case if A.) it didn't have a lock at all, or B.) it used a velcro locking mechanism.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2015 8:27 PM GMT

Sony Xperia Z Ultra SIM-free Android Smartphone - Black
Sony Xperia Z Ultra SIM-free Android Smartphone - Black
Offered by SmartDealsLondon

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing phablet!, 9 Dec. 2013
G'day all!

I have to say that this is probably the single nicest phone I have ever held in my hand! Without a case it just feels so slimline and smooth, it's just glorious to hold! (and to look at!)

The phone works great, the waterproofing is high quality and I've not had any issues with it. Having used it pool side and in the bath quite regularly. The screen is beautiful, colours are great, probably not quite as good as your samoled displays, but for one of very few alternatives to Samsung made screens, it's quite good and a BIG step up for Sony. It didn't leave me wanting to rush back to my S4 or go get a Note 3 for example. That, and the build quality far surpasses anything Sammy can throw at you. They keep their build as cheap as possible for maximum profits. Seems Sony are willing to go the harder yards here and it really pays off!

My only issue with this device is that, the minute you add any case, even an ultra thin silicon case, it feels too bulky. The Sony leather flip case that comes with it is a nice touch, and it's great to get a phone with a case, I think all top model phones should come as well equipped. However, it just seems to almost instantly become a tablet with a case (in my opinion).

I'd love to use it without a case forever, but with glass back and front, its definitely gonna slip my grip at some stage and a case would be nice.

Next point is the camera, an 8MP shooter, no flash of any sort. A lot of people complain about this... but in all honesty, for a quick point and shoot, it's not bad at all! The superior auto mode mostly does a good job (though sometimes I get better pics in manual mode). For the purposes of a phone, though, I think the camera is sufficient. Not great, but definitely sufficient. I didn't find myself annoyed with it, even in low light. Sure, it takes grainy noisey low light photos, but it's still better than my phone from 2 years prior. Sure, a flash next time would be nice, but I'm satisfied without one for now. =) (besides, you can purchase external flashes for your phone now, that sync up with a camera app, so if you are really fussed then that is an option).

Anyway, regardless as to my love for the phone, I have an iPad mini retina that I use for work and play, and carrying it around as well as a 6.4" phone just got a bit too much. Particularly when the phone is 2/3rds the size of the iPad! lol! The reason for the iPad is the logitech ultrathin keyboard case, for fast data entry when required. If Sony came out with a similar option for the Xperia Ultra, (and yes, most of the keys would fit within the space of the phone!) then I would not have the iPad and the Ultra would be my main beast.

For now, the Ultra is shelved and my Xperia Z1 is my phone, whilst my tablet is for everything else.

I'd love a phablet with a nice magnetically attached mini keyboard case, that would be my ideal device! I'm sure that accessory companies would have made one for the Z Ultra too, if it had metallic edges to attach to.

All in all, a GREAT device! But just make sure you're prepared for the size of this beastie! :P
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2014 5:31 PM GMT