Profile for Andrew Holt > Reviews

DB9, M/F, Null Modem Mini Type
DB9, M/F, Null Modem Mini Type

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat compact, 30 July 2015
Just works

AA+inks Compatible Ink Cartridges Replacement for Epson T0711 TO711 ET0711 suit for SX215 SX515W SX218 SX415 etc. printers (4X 711 Black ink)
Offered by AA+inks

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 30 July 2015
When I plugged one of these in a got a single page, badly printed and then nothing. There is a small label that says pull, this removes the black label revealing a couple of holes. After this it worked.

Wireless WiFi Disk Drive for iPhone, iPad, Android and PC. With in-built Power Bank

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly capable little device, 8 Jun. 2015
A truly amazing device for the money.

Taken at face value, it is a workable device for sharing media. I have only tried streaming music from it and it works fine.

Access it through a browser (http://10.10.1.1) and it true value becomes apparent. So any compute can access, and download form the USB or SD card. But click on the little cog wheel at the top right of the screen, and then 'Opmode', then click on 'repeater'. You are presented with a list of WiFi networks. If you select one and log in to it then you can now do the following:

Access the files on the device
Access the internet using the device as a wifi range extender
Give people access to these, but keep your wifi access passwords to yourself.

At the price a true bargain.

Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers

4.0 out of 5 stars I bought this to replace my old, original, ..., 22 Oct. 2014
I bought this to replace my old, original, kindle that baggage handlers broke. The touch screen improves the device a lot. The only, slightly, negative fetaure is tha the battery life seems less than the old device.

Zen in the Martial Arts
Zen in the Martial Arts

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 24 Jun. 2013
If you have an interest in the philosophical side of martial arts i would recommenfd this is a must read.

GitHub
GitHub

5.0 out of 5 stars Just works, 5 May 2013
This review is from: GitHub (App)
Allows me to view github changes without having to get out my laptop.

As I said above, it just works

9.5V 2.5A Replacement Laptop / Netbook AC / DC Adapter / Charger for Asus EEE PC models 700 701 701SD 701SDX 2G Surf & 4G Surf with Qubz 1 year warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply works, 5 May 2013
Bought this to replace the original Assu eeepc 701 PSU, which had failed.

Runs cooler, and has a useful lead length.

New Model Army
New Model Army

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 22 July 2012
This review is from: New Model Army (Kindle Edition)
Based on a world that is not that unlikely. You only have to consider the modern phenomena of Anonymous, the occupy movement, the recent riots in the UK, and 'flash mobs' to realise that this could happen.

The most revolutionary idea is that you could build a true democracy where everybody gets a say.

I feel the ending is a little week though.

The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Drivel, 22 Jun. 2012
It starts off well enough. The Four agreements are:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Words.
2. Don't Take Anything Personally.
3. Don't Make Assumptions.
4. Always Do Your Best.

No 1. OK, be careful what you think and say and of the hurt that can cause.

It's at number 2 things start to go wrong. He gives the example of somebody who doesn't know me calls me an "idiot". He argues that since the insult comes from someone who has no knowledge then I should ignore it. Another approach would be to ask "Why does this person, who doesn't know me, think I am an idiot ?" Maybe I have done something stupid, like run a red light or walked into them, because I was looking some where else. Just dismissing it also dismisses the possibility of learning something. The danger is of falling into a type of narcism where I ignore any and all criticism.

Also if you accept no.2 why do you need to bother with no.1 ? since nobody takes anything to heart.

No 3. Has a point, but is also absurd. An assumption is a conclusion drawn from an incomplete model or incomplete knowledge. We can never have complete knowledge, therefore all inferences are based on some measure of assumption.

No 4. Is stating the obvious, after all why would you not ?

This is one of the few books I bought on kindle that I wish I had bought the paper back edition. Then I could sell it :)

If you have a dislike for new age waffle, steer clear of this.
Comment Comments (21) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 9:01 PM GMT

Iron Man 2 [DVD]
Iron Man 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Offered by streetsahead

3.0 out of 5 stars Look many sequels ...., 13 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Iron Man 2 [DVD] (DVD)
... it's not as good as the original. I use as a rough yardstick "will I watch it again ?", probably not. Fairly entertaining though.

Page: 1 | 2