Profile for Intrepid Explorer > Reviews

Content by Intrepid Explorer

Intrepid Explorer "intrepidexplorer" (Berkshire,UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Marware Eco-Flip Genuine Leather Cover for Kindle, Black  [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]
Marware Eco-Flip Genuine Leather Cover for Kindle, Black [will only fit Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle (5th Generation), Kindle Touch (4th Generation) and Kindle (7th Generation)]

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it., 27 Feb. 2013
This cover is just the job for my Kindle. It fits well and is well made. I could have had it in other colours but prefered the black option. Not much to say other than it does what it says on the tin. A good product.

Peppa Push Along Pram
Peppa Push Along Pram

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job1, 26 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Peppa Push Along Pram (Toy)
I bought this for my 19month old granddaughter and it was just the right size for her. It is plastic but the wheels are sturdy and unlikely to tip over. My son-in-law assembled it very quickly Xmas morning and she immediatly had a succesion of dolls, teddies etc in it. The Peppa Pig cover was a bit useless as it is too long so I will make her something better. I didn't want to spend too much money or buy a pram that was too big for her to reach the handle and manouver so this was ideal.

Goats Head Soup
Goats Head Soup

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best., 14 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Goats Head Soup (Audio CD)
i bought this album on release in the Seventies and judge it to be the pinnacle of the Stones albums. The superb production ( vinyl ) and original writing just blew me away. The beautiful, haunting "Angie" to the rocking "Star star" with its expletives can be listened to time and time again, and I do as its my favourite Stones album. Each track is a stand alone and unlike most albums I can't find a weak one. Lets not forget the fabulous Mick Taylor, a guitarist who cut his teeth with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and whose guitar brings class to the album but never quite fitted into the group's lifestyle.
I grew up with the London years and the raw bluesy music they were making then with the irreplacably Brian Jones ( if you want to know the difference between the Beatles and the Stones you just have to listen to both versions of I Wanna Be Your Lover Baby- it couldn't be more obvious ) By the Seventies the rawness had mellowed but you always knew that it could be called back at will.
You can't have a Rollings Stones collection without this album.

Bresser Junior Children Binoculars 6x21 - Green/Blue
Bresser Junior Children Binoculars 6x21 - Green/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right!, 2 July 2012
This was a birthday presant for my 4 year old grandson as he likes to watch the trains go by from his bedroom window. They are just the right size and will last him a while. He needed help with the focusing of course but they are quite sturdy and a good colour for a little boy - he loves them!

Spooks - BBC Series 1 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Spooks - BBC Series 1 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew MacFadyen

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoying menu, 20 Jan. 2012
I love the Spooks series - all of it, I really do. But who's great idea was it to have anything but a simple episode menu. It has driven me nuts trying to work it out.
I only hope that the next series is easier to navigate. Fantastic series though and I'm really glad to have them on DVD now that the wonderful Harry and crew are no more.

The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD]
The Magic Of The Faraway Tree [DVD]
Dvd ~ Enid Blyton
Offered by xsuperflybuyx

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Aug. 2011
I suppose that having read all the Faraway books as a child and then reading them to my own daughters, seeing a dvd interpretaion bought for my grandson was never really going to meet expectations. It has been brought up to date from the Enid Blyton original '50s stories which todays children will probably like and can relate to. All the characters are there and the stories are basically the same. Children will love the Toffee Shocks and the Slippery Slip! However, I think I've carried my own interpretation of the characters in my head for too long to be impressed by someone elses. I was disappointed but I think my grandson will enjoy it for what it is. We can read the books together when he's older.

Shark Tale [DVD]
Shark Tale [DVD]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by DVD Overstocks

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun, 10 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Shark Tale [DVD] (DVD)
We bought this mainly for our little grandson thinking it would be along the lines of "The Little Mermaid" or "Finding Nemo" but it was more adult than I thought. He enjoys it at his own level and it is clever and funny - adults will be entertained but as I was really buying it for a 3yr old it missed the mark.

Terra
Terra

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 16 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Terra (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Mariza until I read a review of her annual concert in London in the Times. The review got 5 stars - something you don't see too often! Reading the review I thought that that many people can't be wrong so I bought Terra and read up on Mariza. Her voice mesmarisies you from the start and I particularly love the Brazilian inflluence. Each track is a jewel and I count the album as one of the most beautiful that I own. I hope I am able to be at her next London concert as she is really something special.

Treat Your Own Neck
Treat Your Own Neck
by Robin McKenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy delivery, 7 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Treat Your Own Neck (Paperback)
The book arrived much quicker than stated and was in very good condition for a second hand book. Many thanks.

The Long Rain
The Long Rain
by Peter Gadol

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 22 Feb. 2008
This review is from: The Long Rain (Paperback)
I bought this book on recommendation and have read it many times since. Not only does it accurately evoke the wine growing area of central California but tackles the grey area surrounding a lie that compounds as time goes on.Jason who is a lawyer decides to work is father's old vineyard and struggles with his crumbling marriage until his love of fast driving through the night causes him to commit a crime which he covers up. From that point on lying becomes easier but the guilt weighs heavier.
This is beautifully written and one of my all time favourites.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3