Profile for tara tara > Reviews

Content by tara tara

tara tara

Supergets® Samsung I9100 Galaxy S2 Si9100 Wave Hydro Gel Case,Screen Protector And Polishing Cloth
Offered by Mod Accessories Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy :), 7 Nov. 2012
I decided to buy this product based on reading the reviews other people have left here. I've had my Samsung Galaxy S2 for over a year now with no protective case, but I eventually got fed up of keeping it in various improvised containers (including a zip-up pencil case and a net bag that came with my swimming goggles... :/) I was also always losing it! Recently I dropped my phone onto gravel by mistake - it survived thank goodness but the incident scared me. Decided it was high time to do something about this silly situation so I bought this.

I am very happy with this cover - it is perfect for my needs. It fits snugly onto the phone no problem at all. You can still use all the keys, buttons, camera etc. It's a really cool kind of transparent hot pink and is made of a kind of semi-hard jelly-like material. I love it! Now I am less worried about accidentally dropping my phone (still not used to these new ultra-slim designs, they make me nervous), plus I'm less likely to lose it as the colour is nice and visible!

Great value for money and a happy customer.

Schleich Fox
Schleich Fox
Offered by GASCHers

4.0 out of 5 stars The model is much nicer than this picture shows, 30 July 2009
This review is from: Schleich Fox (Toy)
I am an adult collector and have many of these Schleich animals, but I wasn't going to buy the fox because I thought in its photo it looked awful and not very fox-like. However the image doesn't do it justice because you'll find that in the model itself, the fox's body is actually curved in a more realistic sort of alert position, and so I would say the model is a lot nicer than this image shows. My only criticisms would be that it doesn't have very much of a white brush (tail tip)and the eyes have a slightly hard-edged outline, but hey this is me being fussy and at the end of the day it's still 'just' a plastic toy (although higher quality than most!). For me, Schleich is a classic brand and they always deliver on quality as well as detail and variety, although a little disappointing is that they seem to be growing more expensive recently.

Sakat
Sakat

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved Toumani Diabate's 'Djelika' you will love this, 1 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Sakat (Audio CD)
If you loved Toumani Diabate's 'Djelika' you will love this - to me some of the sounds are very similar, with the sounds of the kora, n'goni and balafon. This recording is peaceful, hypnotic, divine, and will put you into a very relaxed and sublime state. It makes me think of a perfect summer's day. Most of the music is instrumental, with minimal vocals. It has become an instant favourite in my collection and will especially appeal to you if you already know that you love music from West Africa and Mali in particular.

The Celestine Prophecy
The Celestine Prophecy
by James Redfield

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful drivel, boring and disappointing!, 16 Mar. 2009
This review is from: The Celestine Prophecy (Paperback)
I only got half-way through this book and couldn't manage to stay awake long enough to force myself to read any more. Like some of the other reviewers here, I will agree that it is appallingly and shockingly badly-written. I don't even need to go into any more detail, but I'm not sure how this ever got through the publishers and passed off as a 'novel'. The characters are thin and 2-dimensional, the plot inane and pointless, the 'dialogue' wooden and boring, and the so-called spiritual concepts seem far-fetched and a bit meaningless; they are never explained in any depth and don't seem to hold any meaning and are certainly pretty far-fetched. I really wanted- and tried- to like this book, but sadly found it impossible.

Schleich Ferret
Schleich Ferret
Offered by GASCHers

5.0 out of 5 stars a true-to-life collector's item, 8 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Schleich Ferret (Toy)
I love this little chap! The expression on this ferret's little face is so charming! As with all Schleich animals, the superb detailing is what makes it really special, and this one is no exception, from the texture of the fur right down to the little toes.

This model makes an equally attractive and durable child's toy. It also has educational value as a ferret is a more unusual pet and you don't tend to find many toys or models of them. This item measures approx 6.5 centimetres long by 2.5 cm high. A lovely model & soon to become a Schleich collector's item too. Buy it now!