Profile for Tomifudge > Reviews

Sony MDR-ZX110 Overhead Headphones with In Line Control - Black
Sony MDR-ZX110 Overhead Headphones with In Line Control - Black
Offered by Focalmart

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 16 May 2015
I used Intempo headphones for over 1 year and they still work beautifully, but were beginning to look rough so decided to replace them. These are such a downgrade, and considering they are sony and cost more I am surprised.
The sound is soo low that I have to increase the volume to the maximum just to hear properly.
Very disappointed but threw packaging away, as was sure they would be good after reading all the positive reviews, so cannot return.

Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking
Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking
by Susan Cain

5.0 out of 5 stars Never take peoples' view as universal, rather look at knowing yourself and accepting the truth of who you are, 17 April 2015
I'm so happy I bought this book.
I wish I had come across this book at leat 10 years ago, when I was in my early 20s.

I never took time until recently to question myself and try to fully understand, by looking deep within, the reality of my character.
I know it sounds strange, but I've realised that sometimes if you hear something often enough and by many people (even family), you take such truths as the only truth of who you are.

It's very easy to see certain characteristics and label them simply as "shy" and "low self-esteem". Something that needs to be fixed.

What this book does is shed light on the reality of the complexity of what is character and the fact that not everyone is the same, likes the same things or is comfortable to be in the same situations.

What the author does, which is different from other books I have been reading in the last few months on the subject of character, is not diagnose this difference as a deficiency or a failing.
It's not a flaw that needs to be fixed or a social handicap that needs to be outgrown.

It's just a different way of being which has it's strengths and weaknesses.

It's a beautiful informed and encouraging book, that I hope will direct anyone who has gone through life being labelled and accepting said labels as the only truth, to find their own real truth and live it fully.

Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3)
Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Why??, 30 Dec. 2014
So disappointed.
I love love Kristen Ashley. Lady Luck, Sweet Dreams, Breathe just to name a few.
But I don't understand what is going on with her in recent months. It's like she has lost something in her writing which set her apart and made it distinctively honest.
Her characters used to be so real that you felt like you were there with them.
Half of the book iso not even focused on Abel and Delilah but on everyone else and more.
The parts that were about them just felt flat.
If another writer had written this I would have given at least another star.
But she is capable of soo much more which makes it even more disappointing.
What can we do to have her back 😢?
I really miss her authentic writing

A Spoonful of Ginger: Irresistible Health-Giving Recipes from Asian Kitchens
A Spoonful of Ginger: Irresistible Health-Giving Recipes from Asian Kitchens
by Nina Simonds

3.0 out of 5 stars Good variety of recipes, 18 Sept. 2014
Good variety of recipes.
I do wish it had less picture of people I do not know and more pictures of the finished dishes.

iDream Back Cover with Front Leather Case Flip for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 Butterfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Sept. 2014
Love it!! Much better quality that what I have seen in stalls around London.

How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
How to Cook Everything: Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
by Mark Bittman

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for., 26 Aug. 2013
I am not a vegetarian, but having made the decision to only eat organic meat and fish and to reduce the actual quantity eaten, vegetarian meals recipes are needed. I have made the Falafel so far (baked it instead of frying), and it was delicious, despite it being my first cooking them :)

Gran Cocina Latina: The Food of Latin America
Gran Cocina Latina: The Food of Latin America
by Maricel Presilla

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Wow!, 26 Aug. 2013
I wanted a Latin American cookbook after eating at Chmichanga in London. This book is packed full of recipes and background history.
I haven't cooked from it yet, but will update my review once I do.
I gave it 4 stars because of the lack of pictures, but I can understand the reason, as it's quite a BIG book.

Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating
Eating Less: Say Goodbye to Overeating
by Gillian Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars The title have been trying to remember, 30 Jun. 2013
The approach of this book is the most reasonable I have come across. It's not a diet book but rather aims to correct ones relationship and approach to food.
I read this book over 4 years ago then left it in my old house when I moved. I have been trying to remember the title, and just recently came across an old note with it's details. I quickly bought it on that same day.

The Professional Pastry Chef: Fundamentals of Baking and Pastry (Hospitality)
The Professional Pastry Chef: Fundamentals of Baking and Pastry (Hospitality)
by Bo Friberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Complete.....how I wish it has more pictures, 30 Jun. 2013
This books is such a rich book, covering mostly all the recipes one can think of about baking and pastry. There are various illustrations for steps that might be tricky.
It's just a pity that there are not more pictures. It's a big book already, so I would not expect pictures for every recipes, and that's the only reason I gave it a 4 star rating instead of 5.
It's definitely a very complete book.

Patisserie: Mastering the Fundamentals of French Pastry
Patisserie: Mastering the Fundamentals of French Pastry
by Christophe Felder

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant surprise, 26 Jun. 2013
Patisserie by Christophe Felder is such a pleasant surprise. I had seen a sealed volume of a copy of this book in a bookstore and was curious about it. I had a look at the preview on amazon and decided to buy it.
I am so happy that I did. Despite being more pricey than most books I have purchased, it actually exceeded my expectations. I have not cooked from it yet as just received it today.
However it's the most detailed baking book I have seen till date. He takes you step-by-step through each lesson (there are 207 of them).
I can't wait to start!!