Profile for Mr. R. E. J. Stradling > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. E. J. S...

Mr. R. E. J. Stradling

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Integral Key Flash Drive USB 2.0 8GB Silver Ref INFD8GBKEY
Integral Key Flash Drive USB 2.0 8GB Silver Ref INFD8GBKEY
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Integral Key Flash Drive USB 2.0 8GB Silver Ref INFD8GBKEY, 2 Feb 2014
I wanted a flash drive that would go on a large clip. This fills that requirement admirably. The clincher for five stars is the simple design. It is made of stainless steel. No plastic in sight. Simple elegant, and functional. Fantastic.

SanDisk SDCZ50-004G-B35 CZ50 4GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ50-004G-B35 CZ50 4GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Offered by MyMemory

4.0 out of 5 stars sandisk cruzer blade 2.0 flash drive, 17 Jan 2014
This is a good product in my opinion, sold at a fair price by Amazon. In fact I ordered two at the same time because of the price. The reason I gave the product 4 stars is that I find it too small and fiddly for my clumsy fingers when inserting it into the usb slot. For those of you who like smallness in all things this will be perfect for you.

Tarot as a Way of Life: A Jungian Approach to the Tarot
Tarot as a Way of Life: A Jungian Approach to the Tarot
by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

5.0 out of 5 stars A better understanding of Tarot card meanings, 17 Jan 2014
I have recently received this book. When I ordered it there was a risk that it may be written in a difficult to understand way. I need not have worried. I have read a few pages here and there in this book to get a feel of what it says. Tarot as a Way of Life will, I think, (from what I have read already) give me a much clearer understanding of the cards. And possibly a clearer understanding of myself in that process. Thank you to the author Karen Hamaker-Zondag. Lastly, for those who wish to make tarot readings, this book would seem to me to be required reading. Buy it now :)

Morphy Richards Accents 48703 Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Black
Morphy Richards Accents 48703 Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars love at first sight, 15 Jan 2014
This cooker arrived packed in a large cardboard box well padded with paper filler. Inside was another cardboard box. This box contained the manufacturer's pack. The cooker looks and feels well made. I have not used it yet, but it looks up to the task. The only small quibble is that the handle feels a little delicate compared with the solid feel of the rest of the cooker. Not bad enough though for me to give this product less than five stars. In my opinion this is outstanding value for money.

Mens Classic Cotton VEST singlet Underwear White Lrg
Mens Classic Cotton VEST singlet Underwear White Lrg
Offered by Socks Uwear®

3.0 out of 5 stars The photo is misleading, 15 Jan 2014
The vest is average. The length is good. I have not washed it yet, so I can't comment on that. I have a problem with the photo illustration. The illustration is the look I wanted - a dense white singlet with a high neckline and the look of real quality. What I got was not a dense brilliant white. I have trainer liners that are whiter than this. and the neckline is much lower and larger than shown. I would guess that the photographer has pulled the singlet down at the back to achieve this look. I was looking for an exceptional singlet, what I have is an average singlet.

New DQT Swirl Jacquard Men's Waistcoat - All Sizes
New DQT Swirl Jacquard Men's Waistcoat - All Sizes
Offered by DQT Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars pocketed waistcoat, 12 Dec 2013
One reviewer said that the pockets were stitched shut. I undid the stitching to reveal a shallow but usable small pocket on each side. Sometimes men's pockets come like this. Especially when buying a suit. I am not sure about the fit. It could be better tailored. I hoped it might be satin but is in fact 100% polyester. Which is probably why it is inexpensive. You get what you pay for. To be fair it is value for money.

Send In The Clowns
Send In The Clowns

5.0 out of 5 stars the master, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Send In The Clowns (MP3 Download)
Frank Sinatra brings heartfelt emotion and maturity to this beautiful song, without ever descending to mawkish sentiment. I listened to the versions by Judy Collins, Barbra Streisand and others. They were very good musically, but Frank Sinatra lives the song. Thanks Frank, you are sorely missed rip

THE TEMPLARS, TWO KINGS, AND A POPE
THE TEMPLARS, TWO KINGS, AND A POPE
by Grigor Fedan

1.0 out of 5 stars History maybe, 12 Oct 2013
I had a vested interest in buying this book. My name is Stradling and there is a Stradling family history dating from about 1290 CE, which says that the Stradlings are related in some way to the Grandisons. Related to Otto de Grandison in particular. The coats of arms for both the Stradlings and the Grandisons are very similar, which is a sign of a family connection, so I have read. I have read accounts of Otto de Grandison before which are at odds with some of the information in the book. I thought the book was poorly written. It sounded more like an american tv soap opera. But it was not all bad. If the reader is starting out to discover some things about the period of the book, this is as good a place as any. I found it to be a mixture of historical fact and the author's imagination. But he made a yarn out of it.

Tarot for Beginners: Your Future, Now!
Tarot for Beginners: Your Future, Now!
by Doreen Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars beginners guide, 12 Oct 2013
I bought this book a few days ago, and without too much effort I am able to do celtic cross readings. I tend to be slow at the moment, but the way the book is laid out I find it easy to flick through the pages to find the description I am after. What I did not expect is some additional information about the deck. By the way, I am using the Rider Waite deck, which for me gives much more possibility for extended readings. The information that I found was some sort of explanation of the suits themselves, their themes and how they relate to playing card suits. Also there is information about the significance of the numbering ace through to ten. I find this makes a big difference to the quality of the reading. I think I have excellent value for money by buying this book and I am sure as I become more adept I will find different ways of interpreting the advice given in the book. Highly recommended by this beginner.

Tapestry
Tapestry

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the great albums, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tapestry (Audio CD)
What can anyone say about Carole King? This was a top selling album when it was first released, and the songs still have something to say to me today.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4