Profile for Buzz Read > Reviews

Elegantly Frugal Costumes: The Poor Man's Do-it-yourself Costume Maker's Guide
by Shirley Dearing
Price: 11.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 11 Jun 2013
Useful if you need this detail to make alterations. It was just not what i was looking for. Thank you

Lovin' Machine
Lovin' Machine
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Something different, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Lovin' Machine (MP3 Download)
It was an experiment to listen to something different and it did not disappoint. Also try and view the UTube videos of the dancing to this music - just WOW.

The New Testament: Tyndale Bible, 1526 New Testament - Original Spelling Edition
by Bill Cooper
Price: 16.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 3 April 2013
I got this version, I found the original version hard work to read. It takes time to work your way through the original spelling, but also interesting. It gives you an insight into the language and how they phrased biblical text.
Still working my way through it.

So In Love
So In Love
Price: 0.79

4.0 out of 5 stars So in Love - mp3, 3 April 2013
This review is from: So In Love (MP3 Download)
No problems down loading this. A musical i love and enjoy watching. I required this for some music practice, so it was needed.

Richard III (Special Edition) [DVD]
Richard III (Special Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurence Olivier
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard III DVD, 3 April 2013
I had not seen the play before, but with the excavating of the burial of Richard III in 2012, I was interested in getting this. The film was not disappointing. Well worth getting.
The special feature of the trial of Richard III was very 70's, and a little laboured. I tended to forward onto the more interesting bits. It was interesting seeing the young David Starkey. The information was interesting.

Service and delivery no problems

Henry V [DVD] [1944]
Henry V [DVD] [1944]
Dvd ~ Laurence Olivier
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry V DVD, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Henry V [DVD] [1944] (DVD)
This was the first time I had seen the whole film through and I was not disappointed. The visual aspect was spectacular, the scenery and the costumes were stunning. I was surprised how many actors I recognised, I just didn't expect that. It was 100% entertaining and spell binding.

Supply and delivery was fine, no problems.

A Tapestry of Carols
A Tapestry of Carols
Price: 13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tapestry of Carols, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: A Tapestry of Carols (Audio CD)
I am never disappointed by Maddy Prior and Carnival Band. I love the sound of traditional instruments and this album is a refreshing change from the usual carol singing you hear during the season.
The carols are foot tapping and good fun to sing to. If you like their sound try their West Gallery album.

Now We Are Six Again
Now We Are Six Again
Price: 15.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Now We Are Six, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Now We Are Six Again (Audio CD)
The songs and sound were great, just as I expected and the old songs brought back some good memories. For anyone who likes to sing along like me, out of ear shot of anyone, mind, the second album needed the words. That was the only disappointment for me.
If you like Steeleye, you won't be disappointed.

Croydex Professional Plain White Textile Shower Curtain 1800 X 2000mm
Croydex Professional Plain White Textile Shower Curtain 1800 X 2000mm
Offered by Bury Plant Centre
Price: 13.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Gerat product, good price and fast delivery - perfect, 7 Mar 2011
Does what it says on the tin. Great product as we needed an odd sized shower curtain. Hangs well and soft to touch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5