Profile for Buzz Read > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Oak Ash And Thorn
Oak Ash And Thorn

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: Oak Ash And Thorn (Audio CD)
Loved this and would recommend this to anyone who loved Rudyard Kipling. It is magical and quirky to listen to.

C. S. Lewis Selected Books: The Pilgrim's Regress / Prayer: Letter to Malcolm / Reflections on the Psalms / Till We Have Faces / The Abolition of Man
by C. S. Lewis

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 26 Feb 2014
I do find it a good read once I have set time aside to concentrate on this book. It is highly recommended by others and I do enjoy it once I get down to reading this.

Merlin's Isle Of Gramarye
Merlin's Isle Of Gramarye

5.0 out of 5 stars A must to listen to., 26 Feb 2014
I just loved this and would recommend to anyone with a folk music interest. It is so different and quirky and must buy.

The Tyndale Bible: A Facsimile
The Tyndale Bible: A Facsimile
by David Daniell

4.0 out of 5 stars You have to try it, 26 Feb 2014
I tried and failed to get on with this version. I opted to try the original spelling. My short comings I believe.
It is worth having a copy just for the art work. I am intending to try and see the original on display and some time in the near future.

Vintage Lingerie: Historical Patterns and Techniques
Vintage Lingerie: Historical Patterns and Techniques
by Jill Salen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Feb 2014
Another great book form Jill Salen. I just love her work and the research and detail are never disappointing. I fully recommend this book at anyone with the interest in fashion and historical fashion interest. Great patterns to try.

The Making of Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
The Making of Pride and Prejudice (BBC)
by Sue Birtwistle

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 26 Feb 2014
Loved this and all the information. I just wish it had more pictorial detail of the full costume, from the underwear to the top layers. We need the costumes to be on tour more often!!!

Costumes of Great Britain
Costumes of Great Britain
by W. H. Pyne

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 26 Feb 2014
A useful book with very useful pictures. I found this a good additional reference book with the History of Occupational Clothing.

Working Dress: History of Occupational Clothing
Working Dress: History of Occupational Clothing
by Diana De Marly

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 26 Feb 2014
A very useful reference book for costume makers and students of costume. Occupational clothing often gets overlooked, so very useful material.

Dress in Eighteenth Century England
Dress in Eighteenth Century England
by Anne Buck

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 26 Feb 2014
Good for pictorial reference and some historical notes. This is a useful reference book for costume makers and students studying costume.

Vintage Couture Tailoring
Vintage Couture Tailoring
by Thomas von Nordheim

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 26 Feb 2014
Some good tips and useful pictures of how to do things with care and enthusiasm. A good companion for making costume.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5