2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
Contribute and gain, not just monetarily!, 27 Sept. 2013
ASICMiners are the first available USB Bitcoin miners. They use very little power and have a decent hashrate, even after the most recent difficulty increases.
If you are looking for a place to start, these and other future USB mining gadgets are the easiest way to get involved.
ASIC mining equipment might not pay for itself if you are mining BTC, but there are other reasons to do this.
1. Contribute to the Bitcoin project by keeping the network decentralised and in public hands
2. The cost of your equipment is reduced by mining, most ASIC devices can pay for their running costs AND generate revenue.
3. You receive Bitcoins directly, more anonymously, without risking your personal information being used for fraud.
4. You can learn about the Bitcoin project for a low cost (no running costs and hardware at no / low cost after mining).
5. There are OTHER crypto-currencies you can mine, not only BTC, some generating much more value with the same hardware, so if profit is your goal, there are options for ASICs with more chance of profit now and a faster growing currency value in the future.