Profile for John Hancock > Reviews

Content by John Hancock

John Hancock "I am NOT Will Smith" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
42mm GRAPHITE compound Nut Stratocaster Telecaster ENG3442 - Black
42mm GRAPHITE compound Nut Stratocaster Telecaster ENG3442 - Black
Offered by Northwest Guitars Ltd
Price: 3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a NUT, 9 May 2014
Essential for the neck of my guitar and exactly as described I think - but who knows - it does what it is designed to do so there we are!

Famillymall TL Tele Telecaster Guitar Wired Loaded Control Plate Harness Switch Knobs Silver
Offered by FamilyMall (8-23 shipping days)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bit of kit, 9 May 2014
This was a good approximation of what was required for my guitar project - the switch was redundant as was half of the metal plate. there was no wiring diagram in the packaging so a search on the internet was required to ensure cables were soldered correctly. If I had ordered this to use as it came out of the box I would have been delighted enough but even after I had customised it it delivers a beautiful tone and smooth volume control.

Ebest - New Guitar Strap with Acoustic & Nylon Woven Leather, Red Flame
Ebest - New Guitar Strap with Acoustic & Nylon Woven Leather, Red Flame
Offered by PrimeShop.Pro
Price: 6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars it's only a strap !, 9 May 2014
in keeping with the guitar - which was what I was after. I like the strap clip which allows you to remove the guitar from around your neck whilst wearing headphones.

Nice Quality Humbucker Double Coil Electric Guitar Pickup Black
Nice Quality Humbucker Double Coil Electric Guitar Pickup Black
Offered by lotmusic_sz
Price: 8.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pickups !, 9 May 2014
revived a cheap secondhand guitar and now it plays beautifully (but only when my son plays). It is now his favoured instrument.

Amazing Alarm System With Buzzer Siren And Spinning Coloured Indicator New
Amazing Alarm System With Buzzer Siren And Spinning Coloured Indicator New
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Working Buzzer and working spinning colured indicator, 5 April 2014
This product is amazing only because I was amazed at how the description fails to meet the reality. There is a working buzzer and the coloured spinner does spin and is indeed coloured - quite how this makes an alarm system without a trip switch or contact breaker I do not know. The only way provided for this system to work was to use a switch (provided) to turn it on and off. If you suspect that you are about to be burgled by an idiot then leave the "alarm" in full view. This would provide an opportunity for the burglar to admire his (or her) new aquisition and possibly tempt him / her to slide the switch and set off the weak sound of a buzzer and possibly watch the coloured lights spin until the poorly powered motor finds the effort all too much and dies. Adding extra batteries only makes the LEDs blow - now the motor spins better and the buzzer increases in pitch. Fun and absorbing to make hence the three stars but ultimately a disappointment !

Schwalbe CX Comp Puncture Protected Rigid Tyre 26 x 2.00
Schwalbe CX Comp Puncture Protected Rigid Tyre 26 x 2.00
Offered by Service Champions
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars rubber, 23 May 2013
these tyres are good
so good I will buy some more just like them when these are worn through
excellent grip on slippery wet roads and light mud

Rose Arch with Bench
Rose Arch with Bench

2.0 out of 5 stars could do better, 23 May 2013
Made from cheap materials - not every component was cut square and a small shower of rust emerged when the package was opened. I was desperate for a present for my wife and as I had ordered late it arrived too late for an alternative to be found, so I put it together. Assembled, many of the faults can be overlooked as it somehow emerges looking solid and quite attractive. My wife has not grumbled about being given another crap present so I have, once again, managed to emerge victorious from what looked initially like a lost cause.
This was fairly easy to assemble ( small spanner and a screwdriver ) but the instruction sheet was poor and not well reproduced.
I expect it to last about two years before it rusts away.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2013 11:11 AM BST

B Coke Cola Blaster WATER GUN PISTOL fit any Beverage plastic pop bottle to soak

4.0 out of 5 stars water gun rocks ! !, 23 May 2013
Initial frustration : this product does not accept the majority of fizzy drink bottles which means that the product description is not exactly accurate....... however....... the water gun accepts 1 litre hi-juice, or other SQUASH BOTTLES (3cm diameter bottle neck)!! Once the initial hurdle of finding the correct bottle is overcome a good solid jet of water can be accurately sprayed over about 8 metres, the 1 litre reservoir means that there is no need to constantly refill and a stock of "ammo" can be stored ready to be used when the first bottle runs out.
I managed to break one gun just trying to get the wrong size bottle to fit so I guess that they are not going to last forever but at this price I could have done a lot worse - buy four and have a battle !!

14 Tone Deaf Music Hard Nylon Guitar Plectrums (With Relief Pattern)
14 Tone Deaf Music Hard Nylon Guitar Plectrums (With Relief Pattern)
Offered by Tone Deaf Music
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Used as banjo picks, 30 Mar 2013
my son has no complaints with this set so I am guessing that they do the job although as he no longer plays regularly they might last a lot longer than expected !

Toolzone 11Pc Offset Ratchet Screwdriver With Bits
Toolzone 11Pc Offset Ratchet Screwdriver With Bits
Offered by tooltime uk ltd
Price: 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke on second use, 30 Mar 2013
the ratchet failed when the rivet broke - good for minor repairs but not strong enough for reliable use - I guess I put too much strain on the handle

Page: 1 | 2