Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer "Shell" (Aberdeen, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Forced Autonomy
Forced Autonomy
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 8 Jun 2014
This review is from: Forced Autonomy (Kindle Edition)
What a great start to a series. I really wasn't expecting to like this that much as I've read so many of these types of stories recently that I was a bit fed up of them but this has restored my enjoyment.
I love that Petra isn't whiny and that she just gets on with things. She's such a strong character and frankly I wish I was more like her!!
I will be downloading the next one straightaway.

Preordained (The Preordained Series, #1)
Preordained (The Preordained Series, #1)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit miffed..., 8 Jun 2014
There were lots of good and bad things with this book but the MAJOR one was that a chunk of the story was missing!! And it seemed to be a pretty important part as well. One minute Faith is dreaming, the next she's being chased through the forest after someone gets killed. Like, what the hell just happened?! I don't know if there is an error or what but I think the author needs to look at it and correct it. The book also needs a good edit.

On the plus side, I enjoyed the story itself. It was a new take on an angel story and I liked the whole idea. Up until the missing chunk part I really enjoyed it and thought this is great... after the missing bit it all got a little rushed and I wasn't really too sure what was going on.

All in all, I think with a good, thorough edit this book could be fantastic.

Push and Shove: The Ghost Bird Series: #6 (The Academy)
Push and Shove: The Ghost Bird Series: #6 (The Academy)
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 Jun 2014
Another fantastic book in the ghost bird series. I couldn't love these books more.
I like that Sang is finding her voice a lot more and that the boys are getting a bit bolder.
It's going to another eager countdown to book 7!

Gathering Water
Gathering Water
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Gathering Water (Kindle Edition)
What a great start to a series. I really loved the relationship between Della and Cash and how quickly and easily they acted like brother and sister. It was really fun to read their interactions and made a change from novels that focus entirely on romantic relationships.
I really enjoyed the storyline too and how well written it was. Sometimes there was a bit too much explanation during the training sessions but better this than too little.
All in all, a really enjoyable read that I would highly recommend, especially if you like strong females with incredible powers who can show their vulnerability sometimes. I look forward to the next one!!

Ungifted (Supernaturals #2)
Ungifted (Supernaturals #2)
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first, 7 May 2014
I love Grace, and Russ and Ethan... I could go on. I actually preferred this book to the first. I love how emotional Grace is but also how deeply good she is. Her emotional rollercoaster is like an adventure itself and I enjoyed how her relationship with Ethan didn't suddenly get better - it was gradual and you can see there is still work to be done to improve it. Very much looking forward to the next book.

Freak of Nature (IFICS Book 1)
Freak of Nature (IFICS Book 1)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 9 April 2014
what a great read, it was an interesting take on superhumans or cyborgs. I don't think I've read anything similar before which was refreshing and I love the relationship between quess and Kate and, of course, Lucas and Kate.

Center of the Universe (Twelfth Keeper Book 2)
Center of the Universe (Twelfth Keeper Book 2)
Price: 2.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel, 28 Mar 2014
I tend to dislike the second book in a series as more often than not it becomes a filler until the third book. However I thought Centre of the Universe was a fantastic sequel. I enjoyed getting to know the other characters a little more and the relationships between them. I also liked how Kennedy's confidence grew and she became a stronger person. I love Matilda! I'm definitely looking forward to the third book coming out.

Nobody
Nobody
Price: 3.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nobody (Kindle Edition)
I'm not too sure what to make of this book. it was so different to anything I've ever read... I loved the ending but would have liked to know a little more about their lives afterwards.

There were times when I skimmed through the book, I think just because I couldn't comprehend how so many people could be evil and just indifferent. I really can't make up my mind whether or not I liked it - at the very least it was an interesting take and certainly got my mind working.

The Relentless Warrior: The Star-Crossed Series #6
The Relentless Warrior: The Star-Crossed Series #6
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and full of adventure, 2 Feb 2014
Another great book from Rachel Higginson. Filled with lots of action, adventure and romance, it has everything you want. I love that Jericho finally got his own story and his own love & I enjoyed hearing about the old characters too.

One thing I liked in particular was that Jericho doesn't try to baby Olivia. While he wants to protect her, he understands that she can look after herself and can stand alongside him in battle. Olivia herself is a good strong character however she still has a vulnerable side and is not afraid to look to Jericho for comfort and support.

All in all another great instalment in the star crossed series and I look forward to reading the Redeemable Prince.

Relentless (Book One)
Relentless (Book One)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first book, 31 Jan 2014
a refreshing story filled with demons,werewolves and vampires who act like vampires. I enjoyed the relationships between Sara and her friends and the constant action that occurs. There's not that much romance in this one but you can see it setting up for future books. For once the little romance didn't bother me as the story was so engrossing and entertaining.

From one of the other reviews I was expecting the typos etc to be much worse but it really wasn't bad, a few mistakes but nothing huge.

All in all a great book and I'm already dying to get my hands on the second.

Page: 1 | 2