Profile for k.lawson@rfc.ucl.ac.uk > Reviews

Immunology 4th ed
Immunology 4th ed
by Janis Kuby

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Immunology text, 14 May 2001
This review is from: Immunology 4th ed (Hardcover)
This is by far the best immunology textbook I've used. The chapters are arranged logically and build sensibly from basic to more in-depth knowledge. A good reference book for any student studying/working in the field. If you can only afford one immunology text than I'd recommend this one.

Sombrero Fallout ("Rebel Inc")
Sombrero Fallout ("Rebel Inc")
by Richard Brautigan

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a hard decision but...I think this is my favourite book, 10 April 2001
An American humorist who doesn't have a sense of humour, just heartache and lament for a lost love. A simple story about an unusual event - a unidentified fallen sombrero - that becomes unleashed into chaos. These two parallel stories hold you entranced from the first page (the only time they ever actually meet). His prose often runs like poetry. His characters are so endearing, in all their neurotic splendour, and I can't help but think that his hero has an autobiographical edge . I truly love this book and have done since I first read it ten years ago. I'm delighted it has been re-published - no more trawling through flea markets in a vain hope of chancing an old copy - and I highly recommend it to anyone with an appreciation of absurd with soul. This is one that you'll want to share with others ... and own forever.