Profile for S. Warren > Reviews

Content by S. Warren

S. Warren (Liverpool UK)

The Skinny 30 Minute Meals Recipe Book: Great Food, Easy Recipes, Prepared & Cooked In 30 Minutes Or Less.  All Under 300, 400 & 500 Calories
The Skinny 30 Minute Meals Recipe Book: Great Food, Easy Recipes, Prepared & Cooked In 30 Minutes Or Less. All Under 300, 400 & 500 Calories
by CookNation

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'Skinny' series are AMAZING, 20 Aug. 2015
Cooking, and cookery books are my passion, and the recipes in the 'Skinny' series are on a par (and often better) than the big name chefs (definitely more consistent!). Don't be put of by the easiness and simplicity of these recipes, they all work and are really tasty. Whoever is the chef for cooknation really knows their stuff. Yes they're not the best quality and there's no pictures, but this series have become a daily go-to for me for family meals.

Russell Hobbs 20810 Purifry Health Fryer with Timer, 2 L - White
Russell Hobbs 20810 Purifry Health Fryer with Timer, 2 L - White
Offered by The Original Factory Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awful, 5 Dec. 2014
Really, do not buy this machine. You cannot cook a full basket of fresh chips from potatoes. I put well washed, well dried, oiled potatoes in and after 40mins of cooking with manual turning every 5mins I ended up with half burnt, half raw inedible chips. The hot air isn't strong enough to circulate round a basket and the grill element on top only crisps the top layer. Go and look at reviews on YouTube etc, and buy an actifry. This went back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2015 5:05 PM GMT

Weleda Baby Calendula Nappy Change Cream 81g (2.08oz)
Weleda Baby Calendula Nappy Change Cream 81g (2.08oz)
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing nappy cream!, 8 Oct. 2012
I previously used sudacrem and other obvious nappy creams but my baby still occasionally got rashes which often took a while to go. I was also concerned about the chemical load in general nappy creams and decided to give this a go. IT'S BRILLIANT. Within two days my babies skin was perfect and it continues to be so. It feels a little different to normal nappy creams when you first try it but it stays on the skin better than anything and you don't need much. I'm rushing back on here to buy more and I'm never going to use anything else again.

Diono Easy View Mirror
Diono Easy View Mirror

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant mirror, 10 Sept. 2012
I don't normally write reviews but I love this so much I thought I'd tell people to buy it. Really big and clear mirror that is very easy to see in. It can fit well in any position, is secure and my baby loves it. We have a lot of travel coming and this is going to be a huge help.

Scot-Petshop Biodegradable Dog Poop Bags (Dog Poo Bag/Dog Waste Bags) x 2000, Eco Friendly, Bulk Buy
Offered by Scot-Petshop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Best poo bags on the market!, 2 Jan. 2011
I've just come on here to order another 1000, the last lot running out after 17 months. Lets face it, your dogs aren't going to stop going for a poo so buying a job lot ('scuse the pun...) will only save you money. These were the cheapest biodegradable bags I could find (and 100% biodegradable, not 'sort of' biodegradable like a lot of others, and they're big and strong enough to cope with the most impressive dumps any dog can be proud of. The big handles mean easing tying as well. And because of their size and strength, we also use them as freezer and sandwich begs etc etc minimising our house plastics!
The only problem is is that they come in packs of about 50-100 which is quite a lot, I find a shoe box store them really well. And obviously they're loose and fairly big so you will begin to find green bags invading most elements of your life! However, looking at the paltry little sandwich bags you get in most bags in containers which I wouldn't trust not having a horrific accident with I'm more than happy and think you should all get them!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2012 9:38 AM GMT

Caribbean Food Made Easy
Caribbean Food Made Easy
by Levi Roots

4.0 out of 5 stars Yum!, 25 Aug. 2010
I made the Caribbean lamb shank casserole with fluffy pumpkin rice and its one of my favourite dishes ever. I can't wait to make more! Really easy and well explained.... obviously tested well.

Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-free Recipes
Vegan with a Vengeance: Over 150 Delicious, Cheap, Animal-free Recipes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best vegan books, 11 Mar. 2007
ok, i have the older version of this but I've noticed no-ones given either a review so I'm going to have to tell everyone how good this is. I've been vegan for about a year and a half and am very much into cooking. I have LOTS of vegan books and I'd have to say this is probably my favourite.

Sarah Kramers stuff is good but although theres some great recipes there seems to be a lot of 'fillers', and whenever I've done an Isa vs. Sarah, Isa has usually won hands down. Isa does't have as many recipies but she's obviously been selective. Its quite a fun book as well. lots of silly anecdotes, so it feels like your hanging out with a friend in the kitchen.

For all of those more 'womad' type vegans, dont let the 'post-punk' kitchen thingy put you off. This isn't a anarchist cookbook just 'for the kids' without the food to back it up. This is a quality cookbook with quality recipes. Everthing I've done out of this is great.

Sennheiser CX300-B High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Black
Sennheiser CX300-B High Quality Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware fake sennheisers!! READ!!, 12 Feb. 2007
I am a big fan on ear-bud type headphones,I decieded to buy these after previously having fontopias and creatives. I saw the cheaper options in the market place, and wary of fakes I chose a buyer that had a 100% rating and sold the head phones in sealed packages. Well, they turned up and the package looked 98% genuine. I thought the quality of the printing and the card stock was a touch poor but the headphones looked absolutely like the real deal. Then I listened to them! Urghh, harsh treble, farty bass. I know my ear buds and something was obviously rotten in denmark.........

I went to the Sennheiser website and got the specs for the CX300's. The dimensions are: Asymmetrical, L: 170 mm; R: 510 mm, (85 cm divider to plug). Mine didn't measure up! If your's dont, THEY'RE NOT SENNHEISERS! After err.... politely putting this to the seller I was quickly offered a full refund and asked not to put a bad rating. I've stuck to that, but I'm telling you there are some very good quality fakes that if you don't know you're ear-buds you wont realise you're listening to cr*p. I got my sennheisers from amazon today, and they're the best ear-buds I've had yet. Fantastic clarity, good bass but not too overpowering. Beware boys and girls, if something seems too good to be true it probably isn't.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2011 4:40 PM BST