Profile for Pidgeonpost > Reviews

Content by Pidgeonpost

Pidgeonpost "Pidgeonpost" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Original Carly for BMW Bluetooth GEN 2 OBD Adapter - Best App for BMW with Android - Lifetime warranty
Offered by Carly-Connected Car

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and use., 25 April 2016
This adapter works in conjunction with the smartphone app which you purchase separately. The app installs seamlessly and once the adapter is plugged in and paired via Bluetooth it's easy to access all the menus. I'm still feeling my way with it but it's much more convenient to use than a laptop which some similar apps use. The documentation is online and could do with being more in depth but the product is being developed continuously and will no doubt improve. Support emails are quickly and helpfully replied to. I'd give 5 stars once the documentation is better.

Faithfull 915mm/ 36-inch Hickory Log Splitter Handle
Faithfull 915mm/ 36-inch Hickory Log Splitter Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, but check the size you need carefully., 25 Feb. 2015
Good quality wooden handle but unfortunately not the right size for my splitting axe.

Duracell Rechargeable C Size Batteries, 2 Batteries
Duracell Rechargeable C Size Batteries, 2 Batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Not the cheapest, but hopefully will have a long life., 19 Dec. 2014
I bought these to power a Roberts Vintage DAB/FM radio bought at the same time. Very pleased with the radio performance with these batteries. This is our first digital radio, and the batteries do drain more quickly than I'm used to on analog radios, but perhaps that's just a feature of digital radios. The batteries are quickly and easily charged ysing the charger supplied and there's no need to remove them from the radio. I'd buy them again.

Cressi Men's Lycra Skin Short Sleeve Rash Guard UV Sun Protection (UPF) 50+, Black, XXL/6 (50/52)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and a good fit., 20 April 2014
I haven't used this for swimming yet so can only comment on the quality (seems good), and fit, which is close but not suffocating - I'm size 44".

Linksys Powerline AV 4 Port Network Adapter Kit
Linksys Powerline AV 4 Port Network Adapter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what I needed it to do easily, and with no problems whatever, 16 Mar. 2014
I chose this starter kit because I'm a retired IT man and I trust the Cisco company to make a good product. The setup instructions are clear and simple, and if you're familiar with home networking you can probably simply plug your PCs, printer, internet-ready TV etc. into the adapters, switch on, and you're well on your way. Remember though that if your PC or whatever was using Wi-Fi previously it will still continue to try to do so, so you may need to switch off the Wi-Fi function and enable the Ethernet adapter unless this happens automatically. The 4-port adapter sits next to my TV, Blu-ray player, and Humax PVR, and all are plugged into it, while the single-port adapter plugs in next to the BT Home-hub with an Ethernet cable between them. Everything worked straight away.
Because I was so pleased with this setup I wanted to purchase two single-port adapter so I could network a second PC and laptop. My only niggle is that if you want to expand your network Cisco/Linksys do not appear to sell the single-port adapter in the UK, which I think is bizarre. I know that in theory all Homeplug-compliant adapters should in theory work together, but online sources suggest this is not always the case. I didn't want the hassle of buying a different make and then have the trouble of returning it if it didn't work alongside the existing ones, so I bought a second starter kit. I did wonder if the two would co-exist happily but they do.
The accompanying CD provides a utility to enable you monitor the adapters, and to name them (maybe according to their location?), and to apply additional security I believe, though I haven't really explored this.
Sorry to ramble on so, but in essence they are a great bit of kit that enables you to overcome the problems of weak or non-existent Wi-Fi signals in your home.

HP 300XL Tri-colour Ink Cartridge: CC644EE
HP 300XL Tri-colour Ink Cartridge: CC644EE
Offered by OfficeClearance/OUR-PRICE-20%-UK VAT INCL.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can you say about an HP printer cartridge....?, 23 Jan. 2014
It arrived promptly, was easy to fit (as the previous dozen or so have been), and performs just as it should for a long time.

Dear Fatty
Dear Fatty
by Dawn French

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present for my wife., 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Dear Fatty (Paperback)
She's nearly finished the book now, but regularly laughs out loud while reading it, so it must be funny. Might read it myself next.

Grunwerg 200ml Drinkpod Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask Flame Red - HCF-200R
Grunwerg 200ml Drinkpod Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask Flame Red - HCF-200R
Offered by TCB DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for when you don't want to carry a Thermos flask, 23 Jan. 2014
Bought as a present for my wife, she loves it. Rugged enough to shove in a jacket pocket or rucksack for walking but chic enough for the office. Works well.

HP 300XL High Yield Original Ink Cartridge - Black
HP 300XL High Yield Original Ink Cartridge - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars What can you say about an HP print cartridge......., 23 Jan. 2014

Weleda Arnica Lotion 50ml
Weleda Arnica Lotion 50ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Reluctant at first!, 2 Dec. 2012
My husband was initially reluctant to use this product...I bought it in the hope that it would help his lower back pain. Having applied it just once a day after his morning shower - according to instructions and warmed - his back has gradually improved. He is carrying on using the lotion, now without my reminders! It just might be this lotion which has made the difference.

Page: 1 | 2