Profile for Soton_Kav > Reviews

Content by Soton_Kav

Soton_Kav (Southampton, Hampshire UK)

Rotibox Outdoor Bluetooth Headband - Running Headband Sleepphone Speakerphone with Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Headphones,Microphone,Hands Free For Sports Running Gym Travel - Compatible With iPhone,iPad,Samsung,Tablets,Smartphones - Black
Offered by MYSHELL

1.0 out of 5 stars A shame really as it was really comfortable to wear and gave excellent sound while doing a ..., 20 Feb. 2016
Lasted less than a week before it refused to pair properly with either my tablet or my phone. May just be unlucky but has been returned for a refund. A shame really as it was really comfortable to wear and gave excellent sound while doing a reasonable job of masking outside noises.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video

1.0 out of 5 stars It took less than 3 minutes to get Netflix working ..., 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
It took less than 3 minutes to get Netflix working with my new Nexus 9. After 24 hours, I still haven't been able to get Amazon videos to play on the same kit. The complete opposite of what I've come to expect from Amazon.

Willis Judd Mens Titanium Magnetic Bracelet In Black Velvet Gift Box + Free Link Removal Tool
Offered by Willis Judd

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and practical, 9 July 2010
This is a very elegant and practical bracelet. The link removal tool is a little imprecise (it's OK to push the link pin out, but a bit hit and miss when driving the pin back in). I used the smooth jaws of a vice to press mine back in because I was too impatient, but any friendly jeweller will do that for you for free if you ask them politely.

Tao Te Ching (Shambhala Pocket Classics)
Tao Te Ching (Shambhala Pocket Classics)
by Lao zi

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, I have to keep asking for it back!, 9 July 2010
This is a really handy little pocket book. Each chapter is between 1 and 2 pages long and I use it to "dip in to" when I have a quiet 5 mins at work. being trully pocket sized, it can go anywhere with you. My only problem is that I left it on my desk and it usually gets loaned out so if I want it, I have to go and find it! Luckily, I also have "365 tao" by Deng Ming-Dao.

Tuesday [DVD]
Tuesday [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philip Glenister
Offered by vivaverve

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem of a movie, 19 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Tuesday [DVD] (DVD)
Of course, I'm biased, but for a movie shot on a tiny budget this just proves how much talent there is in the independent arena. it's obviously helped by the fact that Philip Glenister agreed to be in it but that said, the script is good and solid and the performances of the rest of the cast really make this an enjoyable film to watch.
Without giving too much away, 4 different groups attempt to rob the same bank on the same day (Tuesday)and the chaos that ensues is where all the fun really starts. It's a little like a Guy Richie plot but done on a smaller budget. I hope Sacha Bennett makes another film because he's obviously extremly talented.

Prince2 For Dummies
Prince2 For Dummies
by Nick Graham

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good companion to the official Prince2 coursebook, 19 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Prince2 For Dummies (Paperback)
You know what you're getting with a "for dummies book". It doesn't go into too much detail (and God knows, there's a lot of detail in the official coursebook!) and that makes it easy to get some basic knowledge out of it. I bought this 2 weeks before I went on the Practitioner's course so I had both this and the official coursebook before I started the course. If you're coming to the practitioner course without any prior knowledge then the sheer amount of information injected into your brain over 3 and a half days or so can throw you a bit. and that's where this book comes in. Where the official coursebook is very dry nd details everything,this book gives you more "context" so you get a better feel for why things are done the way they are in Prince2 environments.
As a companion to the coursebook, I highly recommend it. If you're buying it just to get you through the Practitioner exam you should look for something else instead or to supplement it.

Hinari HSC008 White 1.5 L Slow Cooker for Small Portions
Hinari HSC008 White 1.5 L Slow Cooker for Small Portions

5.0 out of 5 stars This is just a perfect little cooker, 19 Mar. 2009
I bought this because I was looking for a slow cooker capable of cooking smaller amounts of food than my existing Tower Slo-cooker, which has a capacity of 3.5 litres. Apart from the dog, I'm the only meat eater in the house so, while the bigger slo-cooker is great for those family meals, I wanted something that would cook MY dinners and not have so much leftover that I was eating the same thing for days afterwards!
This little cooker is brilliant! The white ceramic pot is glazed all over - including the bottom - so it's very easy to keep clean. It takes up next to no space in our small and crowded kitchen and the glass lid means you can see how your dinner is getting along. It cooks perfect roast beef and porrige made with water is so creamy you'd think it was made with full cream milk.
I know the product info says it is 1.5L but actually I think it's smaller than that but having said that, I can still squeeze a 1kg brisket into it, so I don't care. Also, be a little wary of the cookbook that comes with it because I think they've got some of their ingredient quntities wrong. I don't care about that either as there are literally loads of slo cook recipes available for free in the net.
If you're after a slo cooker capable of doing no more than four portions at a time, that you can load up, forget about it, and just get on with your day then this is for you. If you have many mouths to feed then you should go for something bigger. For my part, I love it and I use it 2 or 3 times a week.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2013 7:15 PM GMT