Profile for Simon > Reviews

Content by Simon

Simon

Page: 1 | 2
iPad Pro 12.9 Case - MoKo Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio Cover with Auto Wake / Sleep for Apple iPad Pro 12.9 Inch iOS 9 2015 Release Tablet, BLUE
Offered by BSCstore EU

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, but sometimes it's not that bad!, 26 Feb. 2016
I've purchased this cover for my iPad Pro, and to be fair it turned out better than expected for the price, although not stellar.
The blue one looks nice (but that's personal preference of course), the iPad fits perfectly and the case provides good protection for the device. The case seems sturdy enough to save the iPad from accidental bumps.
For the price it's really good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2016 5:54 AM GMT

ONA Bowery Camera Bag (Leather, Dark Truffle
ONA Bowery Camera Bag (Leather, Dark Truffle

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent premium camera bag, 7 Feb. 2016
This is a perfect everyday camera bag.
It's oriented more to a mirrorless user rather than a dslr user.
Fits my Leica + 2 lenses and there's still some space for some extra - say, cleaning cloth and dust blower, or compact flash.
It's perfect for my Sony A7 too. I usually go for the Sony A7 with the 55mm mounted + another mirrorless size lens + my Nissin flash and I find this combo to be ok for most of my photography needs.
The front pockets are small and tight, you can squeeze extra sd cards, a compact, flat external battery and cable or things like that.
There's also an extra pocket at the back, but it's so tight I don't really use it very often. But it's useful at the airport for passport and boarding pass.
I find the leather to be of a very good quality, and the bag looks better with age. The strap feels very solid.
The only negative part is the front brass, sometimes it's not easy to lock the bag and I feel it could be improved with stronger, sturdier ones in future revisions of this bag, especially considering the high price. (hence the 4 stars)
All in all, it's the perfect compact photo bag.

Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - White (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 - White (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, handy wireless headphones, but pricey for what they are, 31 Jan. 2016
Pro:
* wireless - just plug the provided USB dongle to your PS4 and you're good to go!
* turn the headphones on and it's automatically recognized
* the integrated mic works flawlessly and there's no need for those ugly, uncomfortable plastic mics you see on other headphones
* the simulated 7.1 surround is ok. Keep in mind that if you want 7.1 surround, you have to buy a 7.1 surround system, not headphones. That said, the function is well designed and fun to use
* the battery lasts reasonably long, and worst case scenario you can charge it while using it (I sometimes plug it to my laptop while playing with the ps4)
* pressing the ps home button on your joypad will show you the battery status of your headphones - handy!

Cons:
* they are a bit too big
* overpriced for what they are. I got them while on sale and it was a good deal for what I paid, but I don't know if I'd buy them at their current full price of 70£
* they are decent for gaming, but way below average for music in that price range
* the advertised custom audio profile is supported only by a little more than 10 games. Pretty sure more will come in the future, but for now I haven't even had the chance to try it

Russell Hobbs 18098 Polished 2 Slice Toaster
Russell Hobbs 18098 Polished 2 Slice Toaster
Offered by BestBuyUk

1.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, poor quality, won't last long, 31 Jan. 2016
Simply awful. Purchased one of those, it stopped functioning after 1 week of use. Got it replaced, the new one lasted 1 year before breaking.
I don't even eat bread every day, the toaster was used no more than 3-4 times per week.
This is a shame, I really liked the bagel function!

Superdealspro 6-Pack B22 to E27 LED Bulb Base Converter Halogen CFL Light Lamp Adapter Socket Change
Offered by welshow

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short to fit!, 16 Dec. 2015
Those adapters are too small and the bayonet mount doesn't fit in any of the bulb sockets at home.
Build quality seems ok-ish, don't expect too much for the price.
Shipping time to UK took a whole month since the seller is based in China, so keep it in mind if you want your item quickly delivered to your front door.

Blumax® NP-FW50 NP FW50 Dual Twin LCD Camera Battery Mains Charger features High and Low Charging Modes for Sony Alpha ILCE Series ILCE-7R ILCE-7 ILCE-6000 Alpha SLT Series SLT-A55 SLT-A37 NEX Series NEX-3 NEX-5 NEX-6 NEX-7 NEX-F3
Offered by Invero

3.0 out of 5 stars It works ok, I've tried it with my batteries ..., 16 Nov. 2015
It works ok, I've tried it with my batteries and it charges them. However, a battery was showing 40% complete and within a minute skyrocketed to 80% complete, so I'm not sure about the reliability of this battery charger. FYI I know the battery was actually 40% complete because it was in my camera.
I believe that if used for prolonged periods, this battery charger may compromise the life your batteries so keep that in mind.
On top of that, it's much heavier than I though... I'm thinking of getting rid of it and purchase a second battery charger. Yes, I'll need two power plugs, but it will still be lighter and more accurate than this.

Sony SEL55F18Z Sonnar T* E Mount - Full Frame 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Prime Lens
Sony SEL55F18Z Sonnar T* E Mount - Full Frame 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Prime Lens

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm currently using it on a A7RII and I'm extremely happy with it, 5 Nov. 2015
This is without doubt the sharpest lens I've ever owned.
I'm currently using it on a A7RII and I'm extremely happy with it.
It's razor sharp even at f1.8, it produces a very pleasing bokeh and on top of that it's light. It's becoming my "to go" lens.
I'm not too happy with the manual focus, but it's a minor detail for me. I use autofocus 90% of the times on this lens.
The only negative I can find is that it's on the expensive side of the Zeiss price range for 50mm lenses.

Voigtlander Nokton Asph II Lens 35mm / F1.2 Leica M Mount
Voigtlander Nokton Asph II Lens 35mm / F1.2 Leica M Mount
Offered by WAA Electronics
Price: £1,099.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great lens when stopped down., 18 Aug. 2015
Pros:
- Awesome sharp lens. Keep in mind that at full aperture the focus area is very small. On a digital camera you may see visible vignetting and cromatic aberrations at 1.2, but stop it down to 2 and it goes away. Stop it down further to 2.8 and it's sharp from corner to corner.
Personally I like the look I get at 1.2, I think that the vignetting and the rest gives your pictures some sort of distinct signature.
- There's little to almost no flare on this lens.
- Beautiful colour renditions
- Solid built

Cons:
- You have to pay an extra 100€ for the hood. Come on Voigtlander, that's really cheap of you not to include a lens hood on such an expensive lens. Shame on you. Really, SHAME ON YOU.
- The lens is a bit heavy for its size but manageable.
- As I said above, be ready for CA and vignetting at F1.2
- Awfully flimsy lens cap. I'd recommend you to buy some cheap 2€ lens cap and replace it.

Dead Sea Spa Magik Organic Sunsafe SPF50 150ml
Dead Sea Spa Magik Organic Sunsafe SPF50 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sun cream, 10 May 2015
Excellent sun cream!!!!
I have a pale and very sensitive skin and can easily get sunburned. Used this cream went I went to southeast Asia a few months ago and I could easily walk around under the 35°+ sun without any problem.
It doesn't have any weird smell, it's not "sticky", it didn't stain my clothes and most important it didn't irritate my skin like some other product did!
I'd buy it again.

Braun Series 3 340s-4 Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
Braun Series 3 340s-4 Wet & Dry Electric Shaver
Offered by Yachew LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for a clear shave, 3 April 2014
Overall quality is ok, but unfortunately not enough to get a clear shave. I'm thinking about getting a better one soon.

Page: 1 | 2