Profile for Danny A. Smith > Reviews

Content by Danny A. Smith

Danny A. Smith (Eastbourne, East Sussex United Kingdom)

Eagle Creek Pack-It Garment Folder box order small black box order
Eagle Creek Pack-It Garment Folder box order small black box order
Offered by Penrith Survival Equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 5 May 2014
I was initially dubious about the ability to keep shirts presentable, but it does an excellent job, and means I rarely need to travel with a suit carrier as I used to.

Cocoon Grid-It! Accessory Organiser for your Purse or Travel Case - Medium
Cocoon Grid-It! Accessory Organiser for your Purse or Travel Case - Medium
Offered by XR-Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for keeping organised, 5 May 2014
I've been toying with getting one of these for ages. It took me a bit of time to work out how best to arrange all of the tech accessories I end up carding about in it, but it's amazing the difference this has made. I now carry my laptop and iPad in a laptop sleeve and everything else in this.

Switching bags is a case of moving two items, rather than 30-odd.

Stuhrling Original Winchester Terrace Mechanical Skeleton Men's Mechanical Watch with Grey Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap 280.33151

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 5 May 2014
This is a decent quality watch that I wear daily. The only real issues I have are:

1) The motion winding does;t seem to work overly well. I inevitably have to and it every day, even if I wear it in bed. Other self-winding watches I've owned have lasted for longer.
2) The strap is hideous, but I just replaced it.

Anker® Astro Mini 3000mAh Ultra-Compact Portable Charger Lipstick-Sized External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), MOTO G, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, G2 Mini, G Pro, most other Smartphones (Apple Adapters- 30 pin and Lightning, NOT Included) - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

Ergonomic Aluminium Portable Foldable Cooling X-Stand for 12"-17" Laptops, Notebook PC, MacBook
Offered by Bosvision Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 5 May 2014
Small and compact, this works perfectly with my Retina MacBook Pro. It's amazing the difference this makes to my typing position.

Eloquent Ruby (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby)
Eloquent Ruby (Addison-Wesley Professional Ruby)
by Russ Olsen

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books on Ruby I've read, 31 Jan 2014
I've been coding in ruby on and off for about 9 years, yet I've still learned an enormous amount from this book.

This probably isn't ideal for beginners, but anyone with a little experience with ruby will get a lot from it wether you've been coding for six months or for 10 years.