Profile for R. Trew > Reviews

Content by R. Trew

R. Trew "Zimrim" (Zimbabwe)

One Moment, One Morning
One Moment, One Morning
by Sarah Rayner
Price: 5.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it says on the cover!, 15 Jan 2011
I agree with a number of the other one star reviewers. This book is not a good read. Very unrealistic relationships between the characters and the writing style was such that I felt everythibg was being spelt out to me. Perhaps it was because I had read a particularly good book just before it. It was a shame as I liked the cover picture

The Hand That First Held Mine
The Hand That First Held Mine
by Maggie O'Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely thoughtful read, 5 Dec 2010
I started to read this book at bedtime and found myself going to bed earlier each night this week, just to read a bit more. Yesterday I gave in, no work so I just sat and read, and had a sharp intake of breath and read, and cried. This story is a love story but with a thread of tension. The description of a new mothers first weeks was so spot on it could only have been written by someone who had experienced it. I highly recommend this book especially if you have some time on your hands, you won't want to put it down. Excellent!

The Dressmaker
The Dressmaker
by Elizabeth Birkelund Oberbeck
Price: 7.34

5.0 out of 5 stars a delightful book, 9 May 2007
This review is from: The Dressmaker (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book and kept thinking about it after I had put it down. The reader is rapidly drawn into the lives of the characters which have been carefully crafted. I would strongly recommend this book especially if you have some time to spare as it is a difficult book to put down.

Something Might Happen
Something Might Happen
by Julie Myerson
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Suspense v Emotion, 11 Oct 2004
This review is from: Something Might Happen (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book very much but in a 'stop it I like it' sort of way. I couldn't put the book down and found myself sneaking off at any opportunity to find a quiet place to grab a couple of pages. I had a bit of a problem with the Lacey/Tess relationship which I felt stretched the imagination somewhat. However overall I thought the book was really good and fortunately for me I read the final chapter in the bath because believe me the tears were flowing!

Of a boy
Of a boy
by Sonya Hartnett

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptively Brilliant!!, 5 May 2004
This review is from: Of a boy (Hardcover)
I purchased this book in haste at Johannesburg airport. I did not repent at leisure.Instead I have carried the book around with me totally engrossed for the last two days. This is the first Sonya Hartnett book I have read. It will not be my last.The story is so simple seeing the world through nine year old Adrian's eyes. But the tension that runs through the book is almost tangible. I was so engrossed with the story and the characters that the ending came as something of a shock.
Buy this book you will not be sorry.