Profile for Thomas Walsh > Reviews

44 Years With The Same Bird: A Liverpudlian Love Affair
44 Years With The Same Bird: A Liverpudlian Love Affair
by Brian Reade

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Memories and Well Written, 17 Feb. 2012
I've been visiting Anfield for almost 30 years now so not quite up to the '44 years with the same bird' but nevertheless the majority of the book was very relevant to my life!
Whether you are a new (younger) supporter or have been supporting the reds for a long time, this book is sure to evoke memories and will have you laughing, crying and agreeing with Brian as he tells his tales of years of supporting LFC.
Very well written and very real - this book is a must for any Liverpool fan and is an interesting and fun recollection of the last 4 decades.

Nyko Zoom Lens - Kinect Required
Nyko Zoom Lens - Kinect Required

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot see the difference!, 16 Feb. 2012
My front room is relatively small and so playing X-Box Kinect games can sometimes be tempremental.
So, I bought this after reading about it in a review magazine. To be honest I cannot see the improvement whatsoever - the image is now blurred and the Kinect Sensor has incredible difficulty finding me!
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have re-tuned etc plenty of times! I think my Zoom Lens is heading the way of E-Bay!!

Word Gets Around
Word Gets Around
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars The first and possibly the best offering!, 12 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Word Gets Around (Audio CD)
An incredible debut album from the Welsh outfit. Stunning tracks in the main influenced by their Welsh roots. Local Boy in the Photograph and A Thousand Trees are stand outs for me.
If you only discovered these guys later on in their careers then buy this Album - raw quality shines through!

Sesame Street Count 'N Crunch Cookie Monster
Sesame Street Count 'N Crunch Cookie Monster
Offered by Importtoys

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more!, 11 Feb. 2012
Purchased this as a Christmas present and although it gave a good half-hour of pleasure to the recipient I did expect more!
The Cookie Monster moves and jiggles, he also asks for cookies and counts (albeit getting it wrong sometimes!). I think more cookies (higher numbers) and maybe somemore interaction would make this a better product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to show off newly baked cakes!, 11 Feb. 2012
Bought this for a good friend and it is great - lovely toughened glass base that revolves allowing icing etc. Makes cakes look even more perfect than they are already!!

Raintown
Raintown
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Album!, 11 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Raintown (Audio CD)
Each and every song on this Album is or could be a hit! Ricky Ross's vocals backed so well by Lorraine McIntosh are incredibly strong. Lyrically brilliant this album will stand the test of time!

Digby The Rocking Donkey
Digby The Rocking Donkey

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 10 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Digby The Rocking Donkey (Toy)
I bought this as a Christmas present for my God-Daughter. I had been searching for Rocking-Horses and stumbled across this 'Rocking-Donkey'. I am so glad I did - something different!
A very durable frame, lovely body, wiggling ears and Eeeyooree EEyoore noise!! What more could a child want? Much more fun than a Rocking-Horse and my God-Daughter certainly agrees!!!

Kelloggs Apple Strudel Pop Tarts 400g
Kelloggs Apple Strudel Pop Tarts 400g

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back to being a child again!!!, 10 Feb. 2012
Mmmmmmm! Pop-Tarts were always a treat as a child! I had seen these selling in various 'American Theme' shops but at an extortionate price. So, when I saw them here on Amazon at a much cheaper price I was sold!
What a taste - they haven't changed at all!!! Still incredible either hot or cold!

100 Ideas for Secondary School Assemblies (Continuum One Hundreds)
100 Ideas for Secondary School Assemblies (Continuum One Hundreds)
by Susan Elkin

3.0 out of 5 stars Still like hard work!, 10 Feb. 2012
A book that does have good ideas in it. But, for the busy teacher that wants this part of their job organised by someone else then this still leaves you having to put a fair amount of effort into planning Assemblies.
I am looking forward to one day finding a book that has an outline, resources and maybe powerpoints attached!! Lazy? Moi?!!

An Epic Swindle: 44 Months with a Pair of Cowboys
An Epic Swindle: 44 Months with a Pair of Cowboys
by Brian Reade

4.0 out of 5 stars A forthright and honest account., 10 Feb. 2012
I had read Brian Reades previous book about his lifelong love affair with Liverpool FC and knew this would be a good read.
Slow to begin with as Brian deals in depth with the financial facts and figures (I still don't understand) but, I hasten to add that has nothing to do with Brian's writing!
The book explodes into life with opinions and candid interviews with some of the key figures in the battle for Anfield. A massively important part of Liverpool FC's history, this book should be read by any fan to understand how close we were as a club to imploding!
An excellent read.