Profile for Linda E. Thompson > Reviews

Content by Linda E. Thompson

Linda E. Thompson

One Snowy Night  (A Tale from Percy's Park)
One Snowy Night (A Tale from Percy's Park)
by Nick Butterworth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for this time of year!, 16 Dec. 2011
My 3 year-old loves this book when we read it at night. It is one of her favorites. All of the animals get along and thoroughly enjoy the warm cabin of Percy, the Park-keeper. It's lovely.

Percy The Park Keeper - The Classic Collection [DVD]
Percy The Park Keeper - The Classic Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Percy the Park Keeper

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on U.S. DVD players., 16 Dec. 2011
I really wanted to view this DVD. It looked so great. But I couldn't get it to play on our DVD player here in the U.S.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2012 8:22 PM GMT

The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD
The Classic Nursery Rhymes Collection DVD
Dvd ~ Martin Carthy, Isla St. Clair, Shirley Collins, Floella Benjamin, Valentine Dyall, John Du Prez & the Children of Britannia Row
Offered by Ocean Music Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars This U.K. DVD works great on U.S. DVD Players!, 9 Dec. 2011
I was looking for a classic DVD of nursery rhymes. I could not be happier having bought this one. It works great in my DVD player in the U.S. Best of all, my 3 1/2 year old absolutely loves it. She has learned all the words of all of the rhymes and sings along with every one. The lyrics are classic and the little skits are a little strange for me, but she thinks they are great. A few of the rhymes employ marionettes and now Wendy wants one of those for Christmas. This is the best nursery rhymes set I have seen and I've seen a lot of them, both in book, CD, and DVD. This is by far the best one. The music is very nice with lots of violin and piano. Even the British accent is adorable. My Wendy now has a little accent herself. It would be well worth it at twice the price! I am now going to purchase the CD for her to lull her to sleep. The CDs we have of children singing nursery rhymes are pretty lame, but this one will be a hit.

Zoe and Beans: Zoe's Christmas List
Zoe and Beans: Zoe's Christmas List
by Chloe Inkpen

5.0 out of 5 stars A very cute book, 4 Dec. 2011
I bought this book for my 3 1/2 year old daughter Wendy. She loves the story and so do I. We have read it every night before bed since we got it. This is our first Zoe and Beans book, but it will not be our last. The story is charming and delightful and the illustrations are perfectly matched.