Profile for LOTHAR > Reviews

Philips AVENT 2-in-1 Electric Steam Steriliser SCF922/01
Offered by HassleFreeHc

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 31 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice looking sterilizer with a reasonable capacity. The overall time to sterilize a load is a bout 8 minutes which is faster than some but not as quick as many would like. While microwave bags and the like can be a lot faster, they don't hold nearly as much and don't give the same sense of confidence in a job well done. The Avent 2-in-1 doesn't take up much counter space and is always there and available when it's needed. I would have liked to see it include some bottles, though. Just seems like that would make sense and make it a more complete package.

Men Rock Cut Throat Shavette
Men Rock Cut Throat Shavette
Offered by DIMEC Pharmacy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool but not easy!, 19 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I actually own several proper straight razors but have never managed a shave with one as it is all but impossible to get the solid blade sharp enough. This "shavette" (is that a real word?) resolves that problem by not having a solid blade but instead by basically being a straight razor-shaped holder for a razor blade. So technically speaking this isn't actually a straight razor, but it still has the stylish look - and the inherent difficulties - of the real McCoy. Shaving with a blade is surprisingly awkward. The real trick is in figuring out how to hold the thing as you approach different parts of your face. It seems easy until you actually try it. I find the throat and under the chin very easy, below the sideburns tricky, and the "goatee" area pretty much impossible. I'm sure this will improve with time but that's where I am at the moment. Now be warned - when you use this, you're gonna bleed. Not in a life-threatening way (probably) but more than you will with your 7 bladed Gillette Ultra-Smooth safety razor. But let's be honest - if you're afraid of a few nicks and a little blood loss, you wouldn't be looking at this product, would you? Hell no. Cuz you're a rough-and-tumble real man in an age of powdered and preened, effete New-Direction wannabes. And for that I salute you. Bleeding is part of the initiation. Any bumps and imperfections of the skin will be opened up the moment you make contact with the blade, and if you move too much at the wrong moment, you're gonna find out why they call it a cut-throat, my brother. If you want the experience of shaving with a straight-razor, cuts and all, this is the place to start. If you are a passive-aggressive female with a score to settle with your man, this is a perfect gift. He'll actually be really impressed with the awesome present you got him and will then proceed to slash up his own face with it while you sit back smiling and telling him how gosh darn manly he looks.
If you see the appeal in straight-blade shaving, I encourage you to pick this up and take a crack at it. You'll enjoy the experience and explaining your scars to the curious will just highlight your old-school masculinity. Just make sure you have a few sheets of toilet paper close to hand before you get started.

Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g
Almo Nature Rouge Dry with Chicken 750 g

4.0 out of 5 stars Good as Iams, 8 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our cat Milo has been eating Iams pretty much exclusively for the best part of a year, but for varieties sake, we thought we would give this a go. He took to it without hesitation and seems very happy with it, No upset stomach or extra smelly gifts left in the litter tray! A bit pricey I would say, but then I guess you pay for quality.

Tacwise A11 (Type 140) Hammer Tacker
Tacwise A11 (Type 140) Hammer Tacker

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective but not for everyday DIY, 1 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This tack hammer is a heavy duty tool of solid construction. It has a reassuring heft to it and it does the job it's intended do very well. Staples are driven in fully and evenly and I have yet to encounter a jam. However, for 95% of all jobs requiring a tool of this kind, a staple gun would be the more appropriate too, due to the action coming form the handle, as opposed to the force of a swing. Given that aspect of the design, this tack hammer is pretty much designed for carpet installation. It'll be useful when we build next year's Halloween haunted house, but other than that, I don't see it getting a great deal of use...

Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 45 Warm Almond
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - 45 Warm Almond

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 10 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I picked this up for my wife and she is reasonably happy with it. She is the type who usually spends a small country's gross national income on her facial products, so a mid-range cosmetic is not something she would normally go for. However, she has used this a few times and is happy with the results. She likes the way it applies and says it has a light feeling and reasonable wear. For the price, you could do a lot worse (or so she tells me)!

Weetabix Oatybars Rainbow Smashems 23 g (Pack of 5)
Weetabix Oatybars Rainbow Smashems 23 g (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise, 10 Feb 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My children loved these and I had to agree, they were not without their charms. A marginally healthier option to a chocolate bar, though far from what anyone could reasonably consider a "healthy" snack. Nonetheless, they are very tasty and a bit more filling than the junk snacks my kids usually opt for. They have asked me to buy more, so that has to be a fairly good indicator!

Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)
Alpen Light Lemon Drizzle Bars 19 g (Pack of 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too strong, 21 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I enjoy this kind of snack bar and kudos to Alpen for making a "light" snack that doesn't taste of saccharine and sawdust, but the lemony flavour was too much for me. To be fair though, I'm a bit lukewarm on lemon in general, and my kids went nuts for them, so overall I'd say it's a pretty decent product, just not to my own taste.

Alpen Porridge Apricot and Almond 40 g (Pack of 4)
Alpen Porridge Apricot and Almond 40 g (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 21 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this flavour but thought I'd give it a go. It's outstanding. Really big chunks of apricot and good sized slivers of almond. Two packets is enough to fill me up for the morning; cooks in the microwave in about two minutes, though personally I don't think you need to use as much mil as the instructions suggest. Great for breakfast or as a snack anytime.

Vanish Powerpowder 650 g
Vanish Powerpowder 650 g

3.0 out of 5 stars Works alright, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Vanish Powerpowder 650 g (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This does a decent job but doesn't really match up to renting a carpet shampooer. It would probably be most useful to use in the weeks following cleaning your carpet properly to keep it looking fresh.

Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)
Finish Rinse Aid Shine and Dry Lemon 800 ml (Pack of Two)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine product, 10 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's hard to get too enthusiastic about a product of this kind, but it works perfectly well when used in conjunction with a decent dish tab and enough salt in the machine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20