Profile for Kevin Peat > Reviews

Three Second Fighter: Sniper Option
Three Second Fighter: Sniper Option
by Geoff Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Second Fighter, 8 Jan. 2004
The essence of this book has been conveyed well by the previous reviewers, but I'd like to add the following: Geoff Thompson covers issues that aren't even discussed in other manuals ie, how to prepare yourself for the pugnacious git who threatens you with all sorts of horrible consequences should you dare to fight him back (even good martial artists have been defeated with this tactic.) Or how to deal with the Old Bill once your pre-emptive power-strike has wiped-out the thug who's just tried to mug you.
This work is not just about 'real fighting', but is also about conflict awareness and reading situations before they get out of hand. Technical detail is not the strength or the purpose of this book; it is just a brutally honest, in your face, lesson about the psychology of violence spoken by someone who's been there.
Geoff thompson has certainly shown me the flaws in my martial training. Of all the books that I have read in this genre I feel that this one has made the greatest impression on me.