Profile for S. Bull > Reviews

Content by S. Bull

S. Bull (St Albans, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Tenvis IPROBOT3 720P HD Wireless IR-Cut Filter MJPEG Series IP Camera Pan/Tilt 2-way Audio Monitoring Microphone and Speaker WEP/WPA/WAP2 WiFi Internet Webcam Auto IR-LED Night Vision CCTV Security Monitor for iPhone Android Mobile Windows View-White
Offered by GLOBALEBUY-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A generation ahead, 3 Aug 2014
I have tried several different cameras and I have to recommend this one. It arrived promptly and well packaged - just what I've come to expect from Amazon. The camera was easy to set up (having done a few I now understand the little IP things you have to do to get one of these cameras online). In this case I was very pleasantly surprised by the set up, the quality of the software, the level of control and configuration, the image quality and the smooth pan. In summary I would say that this camera is a generation ahead of certain other well known cheaper brands and I would include the software, PED and web support in that view. It really is excellent value for the price and I highly recommend it if you are looking for an indoor fully functional IP camera.

BoxWave Capacitive Styra - 2 in 1 pen and stylus for Apple iPad 3, new iPad (3rd Generation), iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle Fire, Blackberry Torch, HTC EVO 4G, Flyer, Motorola Droid RAZR, Photon 4G, All Touch Screen Tablets (Jet Black)
Offered by BoxWave Corporation

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 Nov 2010
I really like this stylus, easy to use, comfortable and practical - boy do you notice the difference between this and the cheap versions out there. Overkill for a bit of casual prodding probably, but if you really use a stylus, buy this. I really like the practicality of having a pen one end as well. Good solid product.

Modern-Tech 5 Pack Capacitive Stylus for Apple iPad (Silver, Red, Blue, Pink, Black)
Offered by Modern-Tech

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and fun, 16 Nov 2010
Perfectly good and colourful for a bit of fun, but if you want to use a stylus properly (for handwriting or something), buy the more expensive Boxwave stylus.

Griffin GC16036 A-Frame for iPad
Griffin GC16036 A-Frame for iPad
Offered by Appods

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 16 Nov 2010
I like this stand, although its a little expensive. Its solid and well made and perfect for the purpose. Allows the iPad to be placed in any 90 degree orientation with enough space for the charging/dock connector. It sits on my desk and allows me to grab the iPad quckly and begin using it without any tedious holding down of a dock - I have a long cable that gives me the freedom of movement. Also worth mentioning that I have the Apple book cover on the iPad and the stand copes with it just fine, even with the front cover folded back so I can see the screen it still sits securely. The product did come a little scuffed and I can't spare the time to go through the hassle of sending it back - hence 4 stars, not 5.

Navitech Black Universal Sync Cradle Charger Dock for the Apple iPhone 4, 4g, 4s HD 16 GB 32 GB

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but ..., 16 Nov 2010
This works fine, but as with so many docks of this type its hit and miss whether you can get a connection when the phone has a cover on it. Some work all the time, some with a bit of prodding and some not at all. The product doesn't restrict the edges or back, its the underneath, right by the connector that's the problem - it often just can't reach far enough. But hey, the dock does work fine when the connection is made and I quite like the style.

Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch
Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not really a handwriting tool, 16 Nov 2010
I bought this primarily to make handwritten notes on my PC for use with Evernote. Doesn't really work with a tablet on the desk and writing on the screen, not natural at all, so its not good for the main purpose I bought it. Other than that, it works just fine with Windows 7 64 bit, probably works great with a graphics program and the main config features are extensive, useful and easy to use.

Apple Keyboard (MB110B/B)
Apple Keyboard (MB110B/B)
Offered by Office Nerd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but beware for Windows, 13 Sep 2010
Great keyboard: love the design, easy to use, easy to clean, looks great. A few downsides (and plusses) if you, like me, are using it with a Windows PC. Generally, the keyboard is plug & play. However, several of the Apple "special" keys are located in highly important areas for Windows. The main one is the Windows Insert key - it's on the keyboard, but is totally unrecognised by Windows. I would advise getting the Sharp Keys program to re-map some of the Apple keys - this works great except for the Apple "In" (Windows Insert) and Apple "Eject" - neither of which are recognised in any way and so are essentially useless. Only the Insert key is important to me, so I mapped the F13 function key directly above the "In" to be Windows Insert and this satisfies me, but others might find this unacceptable. I have gone through the blogs and tech pages and, whatever is suggested, the truth is that there does not appear to be any way around this. The plus point is that there are some additional function keys that you can re-map using Sharp Keys for frequent commands. Aside from the niggles, I love the look and feel of this keyboard.

Plantronics C70 GAP Compatible DECT Wireless Headset System - Silver
Plantronics C70 GAP Compatible DECT Wireless Headset System - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great, 13 Sep 2010
Having used Plantronics products for around 15 years I think they generally do a great job. This headset twinned easily with my Panasonic phones (didn't need the code tweak some mentioned) using 0000. Speech quality is good. Calls can be dialled with the phone and then the headset picks up the call as soon as you press the button after which you just drop the line on the phone. The one MAJOR flaw to this device is the charging. Plantronics has the same problem with a similar design wireless headset device I use in the office (CS70) - it doesn't always seat well in the charger and can be DOA when you pick it up to use. Then you have to wait a good couple of hours before you can be confident it will last for a decent call. In the CS70 the charging light is placed in a very difficult position to see and is an insipid orange colour so you have to check and double check it. In the C70, Plantronics have made the design even worse (if that could have been possible). It is again badly positioned and orange, but better yet, when the charge is complete there is no light at all. Of course there is also no light when it isn't being charged - well done Plantronics, which bird brain thought that one up? Youi might think this petty, but believe me, when you have picked up the headset knowing you will be on a conference call for several hours, and find that its U/S and you will now have to cradle a handset to your ears you will know of my frustration. Aside of this, its a great bit of kit.

Panasonic KXTG8323 Colour DECT Digital Cordless Telephone Trio with Answer Machine - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but limitations, 18 Jan 2010
I bought these to replace an older Panasonic version. I think overall they are a good, solid phone. However, three things frustrated me. 1, the method of transferring the contact list from phone to phone has changed, so I was not able to move my contact list from the old version. Consequently, I had to manually input all my numbers again .. bit of a pain. 2, my older version allows you to name each handset - kitchen, living, bedroom etc. The new version does not, so using the intercom is just so much more painful because you have to know the number of the handset you are calling rather than the location. This seems to me to be a petty omission from the older spec. 3, Unlike the old version, the phone display does not dim when in the charger and it is quite bright. This kept my wife awake before we moved the phone to the landing - not ideal and there seems to be no way to tell it to switch off when not in use. Actually the options to configure the handsets are pretty limited generally and the colour screen is a downgrade in terms of clarity over the original monochrome displays.

Aside of that, its what I have come to expect from Panasonic, a good, functional wireless phone, good quality speech and handsfree, easy to use and set up generally. I'm now on my 3rd generation - they die eventually as the keys stop working reliably, but after 10 years of use I can live with that.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2010 3:07 AM GMT

D-Link DUB-H7 7 - Port USB 2.0 Hub External
D-Link DUB-H7 7 - Port USB 2.0 Hub External

5.0 out of 5 stars Just to add my endorsement, 30 Sep 2008
I agree with everyone who gives this device 5* - had mine 18 months with absolutely no troubles. Worked right out of the box and has been trouble free ever since. I've heard other USB hubs have been problematic - if you're worried, then buy this one.

Page: 1 | 2