Profile for Miss T. Nguyen > Reviews

Content by Miss T. Nguyen

Miss T. Nguyen "The Perfect Snail" (London)

Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge
Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful application, 6 May 2012
I've had one of these before, and loved it but I lost it! Finally replaced it and I remember why I loved it so much. I usually use a stippling brush and although I like that too I've found that this sponge helps the foundation go on seamlessly without the fuss of having the concern that comes with using a brush in making sure you're being specific with the direction of the strokes. Also, it pastes the peach fuzz (tiny hairs) down. I've found it especially helpful when I'm having problematic skin i.e. healing blemishes. Brushes I've found can make the foundation cling and accentuate flakes and any wounds.

How to Heal Toxic Thoughts: Simple Tools for Personal Transformation
How to Heal Toxic Thoughts: Simple Tools for Personal Transformation
by Sandra Ingerman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Nov. 2011
I'm going to re-read it once I finish to have a good go at the little exercises. This book resonates with my beliefs about the subtle body. It is a a treasure of a read.

Energy Medicine: How to use your body's energies for optimum health and vitality
by Donna Eden

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy Medicine - Donna Eden, 3 Nov. 2011
Interesting. It's abit text-booky, a book I like to dip in and out of, or going to the glossary for specifics. I will try to get through it at some point. I'm glad I went and bought the Energy Medicine kit too. I particularly found the demonstrations on the dvd helped me most.

I believe it is working, I developed symptoms of a cold last Thursday, but it's struggling to turn into a full blown cold. I rarely get ill, the time before this was more than a year ago, but when I do I get it bad.

Letters to a Young Poet (Penguin Classics)
Letters to a Young Poet (Penguin Classics)
by Rainer Maria Rilke
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Letter's to a young poet, 5 Sept. 2011
I've often seen extracts of the letters and have finally purchased my copy of the letters. I absolutely love them. They're pretty much the manual to life that got lost in the post when I was born. Rainer is a gift to our planet and I feel like these letters will be a source I'll reach for every now and then for comfort and empowerment.

I higly recommend this for poets (obviously) but also anyone who want to inspired and touched, for those who rebel the conventional ways and the free-spirited. Honestly, I believe it will believe it will benefit everyone and anyone.

Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks
Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks

5.0 out of 5 stars Altec Lansing iNMotion iMT237 Orbit Speaker Docks, 19 July 2011
Brilliant little gadget! Powerful and I love how neat it is; the cable is just the right length for a portable speaker and it can be stored neatly on the underside - We don't want an eyesore do we?
Sleek and it delivers. I can't wait to use while I'm having a bubble bath!

Barbara Currie - Total Body Plan [DVD]
Barbara Currie - Total Body Plan [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Currie
Offered by Digizoneuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 17 May 2011
I finally enjoy yoga!
I gave up on my last dvd and realised why with this one; Barbara says 'Enjoyy...that stretch'. I initially tried it with my friend, and realised I hadn't been enjoying the poses I had been doing because of my mind set. I was struggling to pull them all off and was straining more than necessary. I forgot the reason I did Yoga and Barbara has reminded me that I wanted the spiritual/mindfulness benefits as well as the physical wellbeing. I like to do my yoga in the morning as it leaves me feeling energetic and ready for the day, I have to get up 6am three days a week and since I am not an early bird, I love that I can mix and match on those days or settle for one section.

Zen in the Art of Helping
Zen in the Art of Helping
by David Brandon

5.0 out of 5 stars Zen in the art of helping, 10 Jun. 2010
I burrowed this from my university library and fell in love with it. I had been study Buddhism, my family's religion as over the last few years I notice when people ask me what religion I am, I'd reply Buddhism, but I feel like I don't know enough or practice Buddhism enough to just say that I am.
I kept putting it off out of laziness really, then this book happened to be on the reading list. It was opportune as I really connected with it and felt that it wasn't patronizing.
Even reading this didn't feel like someone was trying to convert me or market a religion. I like the idea of Zen as just a way of being rather than rules you have to go by otherwise you've failed as a person or will go to hell.

An inspiring read.

The Lovely Bones
The Lovely Bones
by Alice Sebold

5.0 out of 5 stars The Lovely Bones, 3 Jan. 2010
This review is from: The Lovely Bones (Paperback)
Great condition.
This book is remarkable, touching and thought provoking. Makes you wonder about the loved one's you've lost, so be prepared for nostalgia and reflecting.

Sextrology
Sextrology
by Stella Starsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Sextrology, 3 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Sextrology (Paperback)
Arrived quickly. perfect condition.

In terms of the book itself, quite hard to read in terms of terminology. Have to filter through quite abit to get to the good parts.

Sweet November [DVD] [2001]
Sweet November [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet november dvd, 25 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Sweet November [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
came in time. great price too =]
this is one of my all time fave films!, very bitter sweet =]