Profile for V. Wilde > Reviews

Content by V. Wilde

V. Wilde

The Final Act (Follies 4)
The Final Act (Follies 4)
by Hilary Green
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy and sad, 21 July 2010
I was very happy with this final book in the saga - it was, as always, gripping reading. After 3 books I know and love these characters so enjoyed spending more time with them and following them to the very well crafted and satisfying conclusion. I admire how the author wove all the various threads together to create a satisfying end to such a broad ranging drama. But I was also very sad to say goodbye to them and to shut the book and know I won't be able to find out "what happened next" to all the characters as they faced life after the war.

Hilary always combines well drawn, sympathetic characters, with careful research and compelling storylines. Since "discovering" this series of books I found myself doing what I used to do as a child, staying up far too late reading because I simply had to know what happens, particularly in some of the scenes involving partisans and SOE operatives. I can't recommend Hilary Green's work highly enough - more please!

If I Can Forgive, So Can You: My Story of How I Overcame My Past and Healed My Life
by Denise Linn
Price: 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing real life events, 27 Mar 2010
I love Denise Linn's radio show in Hay House - this book contains the amazing story of her life. I thoroughly enjoyed it - it was far too short and I had lots of questions I'd like to know about how she got through some of the more challenging events of her life. Her warm personality pervades the book; I wish it was twice the length!

Now is the Hour (Follies 1)
Now is the Hour (Follies 1)
by Hilary Green
Price: 8.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely surprise, 27 Mar 2010
I stumbled on this book by chance but loved it. I know quite a bit about World War 2 but this novel took me into new territory. It was cleverly crafted to engage our sympathies and then keep us turning the pages. The characters were very vivid and immediately engaged my sympathies so I wanted to know how they would fare as the war changed everyone's lives. Thoroughly enjoyable, I raced through it and so I was delighted that there were 3 more to enjoy. Highly recommended for anyone that likes a good story, warm and human characters combined with historically accurate background and a well-told storyline.

The Magic Weekend Handbook: Practical Advice for Your First Day as a New Team Leader
by George Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and useful advice, 9 April 2007
Practical, clear and encouraging - this book cut through the waffle to present the basics of management in a non-patronising way. I would recommend for anyone moving into supervision or team leadership.