Profile for Simon > Reviews

Simon (UK / NZ)

National Geographic - Night Vision Goggles
National Geographic - Night Vision Goggles

1.0 out of 5 stars not night-vision goggles, 5 May 2008
I don't believe this product matches the description. A red light bulb does not provide night vision. I'm going to return this product.

Go [DVD]
Go [DVD]
Dvd ~ Taye Diggs
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars this film totally exceeded my expectations, 30 April 2006
This review is from: Go [DVD] (DVD)
I'd never heard of this film and only watched it because there was nothing else on. It turned out to be the most entertaining film I've seen in ages. It walked the fine line between the believable and the ludicrous - and sometimes life's really like that!

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (Xbox)
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 (Xbox)
Offered by The GameMonkey - Shipping all throughout Xmas/New Year 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars The best football simulation game I've ever played, 4 Jan 2005
My son has a gamecube and we've been playing various incarnations of FIFA since 2002 but my frustration with the game had risen to such a point that I refused to buy the 2005 version and instead I bought myself an Xbox purely so that I could try out pro evo 4 instead.
It's the best decision I could have made. For the first time in years I'm truly enjoying playing a console football game.
So what's so good?
Basically, the players do what you tell them to do - at the time that you tell them.
Pro Evo 4 acknowledges that you can't have super smooth animation AND responsive gameplay. It boils down to the fact that you don't just play the game by pressing buttons, there's also the thinking you do beforehand. In a real game, a player is adjusting their feet while they're thinking of what to do but there's no way that a computer game can predict the button that you're going to press at any future instant in time.
When you hit the button to make a pass, Pro Evo 4 simply cuts immediately to the required animation, regardless of whether this looks quirky on an action replay. The bottom line is that the pass is made at the time you wanted it made.
Pro Evo 4 is a football simulation game. FIFA is more like a football animation game.