Profile for Cookie_monster > Reviews

Content by Cookie_monster

Cookie_monster (Dorset, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
City Of God (Cidade De Deus) [DVD] [2003]
City Of God (Cidade De Deus) [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Alexandre Rodrigues
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars dark but great!, 3 Sep 2004
This film is wonderfull, its atmosphere, the actors, and the setting all work wonderfully together to bring a terrafying truth about the slums in Rio.
The main charictor Rocket, is played by a brilliant actor who knows his charictor, and the other actors paticualy the young kid who plays lil' dice are superb taking on very adult situations and making them real even enough for someone who has never seen anything like that before to believe they are there.
The director is able to bring about a feeling in the viewer of sympathy and sadness even at the death of lil Ze'.
This is a brilliant film, it has compassion, sadness along with car chases and excitment. It makes you feel like you realy are there in Brazil not sat at home in front of your TV!
This film is a piece of art and well worth a watch!

The Cat with a Really Big Head
The Cat with a Really Big Head
by Roman Dirge

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool!, 3 Sep 2004
This is a realy nice little book about death and deformity, he he! Roman Dirges sick sence of humur comes across in this cool litle book. Get it if you already like Roman Dirges stuff, and you like Lenore, This book is great and way worth the money!

Simpsons' Guide to Springfield (Are We There Yet?)
Simpsons' Guide to Springfield (Are We There Yet?)
by Matt Groening

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and silly.......The Simpsons are great!, 29 Dec 2003
This book is a realy enjoyable read and well worth the look.. however I did find it a bit boring in parts, however it is well worth the read and the money I payed for it, If you want my advice buy this book!

Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
Get Rich Or Die Tryin'
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars 50 Cent- the greatest!, 24 Dec 2003
This review is from: Get Rich Or Die Tryin' (Audio CD)
This album is great it has some great songs particually "Many Men" and the bonus CD contains great footage including the video for "Wanksta".
Buy this album, 50 Cents is great artist 5 stars!

Emily's "Nothing to Hide?" Locking Diary (Emily the Strange)
Emily's "Nothing to Hide?" Locking Diary (Emily the Strange)
by Chronicle Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Emily is the coolest!, 24 Dec 2003
This journal is realy great, Its full of realy cool pictures of Emily and her possy and I realy love the cats eyes on the back.
It is lockable so you can write anything in it, if you want my advice buy this journal!

Go Your Own Way [Double CD]
Go Your Own Way [Double CD]
Offered by ach cosmetics

1.0 out of 5 stars Errm....................., 24 Dec 2003
What has the brittish music industry ever done to Gareth Gates? Why must he blight it with this commercial pap which realy isnt worth the cd its printed on?
Why are people listening to this when there is great brittish music out there like the Darkness and Feeder?
Gareth Gates music realy isnt worth or up to much PLEASE dont buy this album, your CD player will thankyou for it in the end!

Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 21 Dec 2003
This review is from: Blood Sugar Sex Magik (Audio CD)
The Red Hot Chili Peppers are one of my all time favourite bands, but this album is the best that they have come out with! definatly the best John Frusciante album [Out in LA being -in my opinion the best album with Hillel Slovak on] But I think it may be be the best chili peppers album!
The funk is there in its droves with masterpieces like "Power of Equality" and "Suck my kiss" but also there are quieter calm down moments with the beautiful "I could have Lied" and the most popular of chili peppers songs "Under the bridge".
The best song on the album is definatly "Suck my kiss" but "Give it away" and "Funky Monks" come up a close second!
If you just like the chili's or you are theire biggest fan buy this album it is the apitomy of what the chili peppers are and the kind of great music they can produce,
All I can say is BUY THIS ALBUM! If I could have given it more stars I would have given it 10000000000000000000000000000 stars it is well worth the money, that is all I can say, just buy it!

Permission To Land
Permission To Land
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!, 12 Dec 2003
This review is from: Permission To Land (Audio CD)
When I first saw the Darkness I dismissed them, thinking them dated and uncool........ Then I heard them and fell in love!
I baught this album purely on the basis of I belive in a thing called love, and I am so glad I did!
"Black shuck" is a great song, the guitars are realy prominent, and the song is catchy and cool!
I also particually like "Love on the rocks with no ice", which shows the vocal ability of Justin!
The best song on the album is "Growing on me" which a lot of people have probably heard, its catchy and cool.
Obviously "I believe in a thing called love" is a great song, and if you like that song you will love this album.
If you want my advice get this album, its funny, funky and just realy cool!

The Nutty Professor 2 - The Klumps [VHS]
The Nutty Professor 2 - The Klumps [VHS]
VHS
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk

5.0 out of 5 stars The nutty professor strikes again and is better than before!, 8 Dec 2003
I saw the Nutty proffesor ages ago and foud it to be realy funny but not the best movie in movie making history, it was sort of passable.
This movie, however is hilarious, you find out more about the evil granny and the whole family and it is so cool. The movie has some great acting in it from Eddie Murphy and, more surprisingly, Janet Jackson.
If you liked the Nutty professor 1 then get this movie but obviously if you didnt like the first one you will not like this one! This movie is funny and silly and not to be taken seriously! If you want a movie to make you laugh after a bad day then this is definatly the movie for you! A great movie from one of the funnies guys around definatly well worth a look 5 stars!

Youth And Young Manhood
Youth And Young Manhood
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars The most dated, coolest band to walk the planet!, 8 Dec 2003
This review is from: Youth And Young Manhood (Audio CD)
This band live in the seventies and thats one of the things that is so good about them! There music is similer the Lynard Skinner but has a slight modern twang to it.
There voices are cool and the songs are all individual. From the very popular singles "molly chambers" and "holy roler novacain" to great songs like "Red morning light" and "Dusty" the album is enjoyable from the first track right down to the hidden track right at the end which you have to keep your cd player waiting ages for, but its well worth the wait.
This band are one of the coolest ones around, they seem to be able to just look at themselves and laugh and say this is me this is the music I make and I love it!

Page: 1 | 2