Profile for Mzungu > Reviews

Content by Mzungu

Mzungu

IPhone, iPod Mains Charger & USB 5S / 5C /5G Lightning Cable (A1399 + MD818ZM/A)
Offered by Olympus International Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Appears to be the real thing, 17 April 2014
I've seen quite a few reviews for fake chargers; this one feels like the real thing and is working perfectly.

RYA Catamaran Handbook
RYA Catamaran Handbook
by Jeremy Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 17 April 2014
This review is from: RYA Catamaran Handbook (Paperback)
I sail a Hobie Tiger and I've found this book answers very well the many questions that have come up in the last few months. It covers a broad range of issues, so don't expect advanced or in depth exploration of things like sail trim or racing strategies, but you can get hold of other books for that, and the level of detail is about right for an intermediate cat sailor, I would say.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, lovely blades, 17 April 2014
I use several types of DE blades, depending on the razor and whether it's the first, second or third pass. There's something about these Personna blades that makes them unusually good to use: they are sharp, and last well, but are not aggressive. I also use Feather, Astra and Wilkinson Sword, which are all good in their own way; you just need to experiment.

Lomo BC Knife - Diving and Rescue Knife
Lomo BC Knife - Diving and Rescue Knife
Offered by Lomo Watersport

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 17 April 2014
Far cheaper than most rescue knives around, and I think made by the same company. I use it in my PFD jacket when sailing; it hasn't rusted yet after about 2 months of regular use.

Timor Black Leather Safety Razor Travel Case
Timor Black Leather Safety Razor Travel Case
Offered by everyCasa Europe

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what was advertised, 17 April 2014
I've use the Original Shaving Company several times over the years and have always been pleased with their service, price and products. This item has been shipped to me by another supplier and when I opened the package I had that feeling you get when you know you've been fobbed off with an inferior product. What I received bears no resemblance to what was advertised and is the sort of thing you would find in a street market for a fiver. So, proceed with caution on this one.

PowerBee ® Signaller Twin Head Solar Security Light 56 Superbright Led's mains equivalent security lighting for your home or business
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, 28 Oct 2011
I live in East Africa and I got two of these lights because we have extended power cuts every day, sometimes up to 12 hours a day. The quality of the materials used is pretty good and they are certainly good value, but:

1. Once you've fitted the mounting bracket you'll have lots of fun fiddling with the tiny screws supplied to fit the light itself. I gave up and replaced them.

2. The light is not so bright; it's OK for lighting up an enclosed/smaller and dark spot but not as a replacement for a flood light.

3. Worst of all, the LEDs are now failing after about 6 weeks of use, on both units I bought. This is not due to rain either, cos we haven't had any!

Having said that, they hold their charge pretty well, and the ability to stick them up a tree without running wires is a big advantage.