Profile for M. KING > Reviews

Content by M. KING

M. KING (London)

The Healthy Low-fat Indian Cookbook: The Ultimate Collection of Authentic Indian Dishes for Low-fat Diets
by Manisha Kanani

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb cookbook!, 30 Dec 2012
I agree with every other review here. 5 stars all the way. This cookbook is a must! I have tried about 10 of the recipes and have cooked them all more than once. I've been interested in cooking, particularly Indian food, for about three years now and in that time I have collected and cooked recipes from my collection of about 30 books. This book is my favourite. It's easy to read, follow and understand, includes great photos, details nutritional values and the recipes are delicious and are all low fat, what a bonus! I've just spent an hour going through it's pages, folding down another 10 recipes that I can't wait to try! An absolutely superb cookbook!

Hungarian Rhapsody
Hungarian Rhapsody
Price: 23.32

5.0 out of 5 stars There Can Be Only One..., 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Hungarian Rhapsody (Audio CD)
I pre-ordered the dvd + 2 cd version on Amazon a week before release, but Amazon was unable to deliver anywhere near the release date of 5th Sept '12. I was informed of this by an email from Amazon, which I am grateful for, so I bought the item from HMV on it's release date for a few quid less at 20!
I have been a fan of Queen for nearly 30 years now and this concert has always been my favorite of the official releases. The band gave their all in Budapest and the recording is far superior to Live At Wembley in my opinion. For me, it was great news that this concert was to receive the 5.1 treatment.
Ok, being a Queen fan, I'm bound to say that Freddie Mercury was the greatest singer/songwriter/performer that ever lived, but... HE WAS! And he certainly proves it here..
As for what you get in this dvd 'deluxe' package.. The original Budapest VHS concert release on dvd, but this time crystal clear and sounding superb with 5.1 surround. It is still edited like the original VHS release because some muppet lost the cuttings.. However, the 2 cd's are, I think, the whole concert recording. For me this was a surprise. There's a lot of Queen and Freddie on the discs that I had never heard before. To be honest, the cd's are the real jewel in the crown for Hungarian Rhapsody so I would recommend buying the dvd + cd version. I cannot comment about the Blu-Ray release, but I'm more than happy with the dvd...!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 3:22 PM GMT

Live In Ukraine [DVD] [2009]
Live In Ukraine [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Queen
Price: 35.86

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets without Freddie., 19 Jun 2009
This review is from: Live In Ukraine [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
This package is superb. You can hear that Paul Rodgers has greatly improved singing the Queen songs (but it's still hard to get Freddie out of your head, not that I want to!). The Paul Rodgers tracks are great and I also like the sound of the new Queen plus Paul songs (from The Cosmos Rocks album) played live. The tin and the T-shirt are nice, but if you're not bothered with these then buy the cheaper alternative of just cds/dvd.
ON MY DVD PLAYER the dvd starts at the menu page which gives you the following choices.. PLAY CONCERT, SONG SELECT, AUDIO OPTIONS (PCM STEREO or DTS 5.1) and SUBTITLES. There are no special features, but I don't think you really need them. This double cd/dvd/t-shirt does exactly what it say on the tin.. THE ULTIMATE ROCK SHOW. So BUY IT!