Profile for Mr. Bluesman > Reviews

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
Mirror Ball - Live And More
Mirror Ball - Live And More

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Get Rocked Live !, 21 Jun. 2011
Whole day today, yes whole day, and I have been blasting this album in my room like once in my teens. I've not been fortunate yet to see Def Leppard live. But I felt like I am there in front of the stage myself. It's pleasure to see the rehearsals and concerts on the 3rd disc. But I'm enjoying audio CDs more. Since there are no track listings on Amazon product details, here it is -

CD1 -

8. Rock Of Ages
9. Let's Get Rocked
10. Action
11. Bad Actress
12. Undefeated (Previously Unreleased)
13. Kings Of The World (Previously Unreleased)
14. It's All About Believing (Previously Unreleased)

DVD3 -
Concerts and backstage footages.

Once again I'm taking out Pyromania, High 'N' Dry, Retro Active, Adrenalize and Hysteria from the shelf and bring back the memory of good old days when I was young and wild and free. ;-) \,,/,
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2012 11:55 PM GMT

Still Hungry
Still Hungry

5.0 out of 5 stars STAY HUNGRY vs. STILL HUNGRY, 21 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Still Hungry (Audio CD)
Twisted Sister was my very teen idol and I still listen to their 5 studio albums with great enjoyment. 1982's Under The Blade, 1983's You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll, 1984's Stay Hungry, 1985's Come Out And Play and 1987's Love Is For Suckers. I wanna give more than 5 stars to all these albums equally.

After a decade or so STILL HUNGRY came out in 2004. STAY HUNGRY is the very first album that I owned and made me SMF. I still enjoy every single word, melody, guitar rhythm, guitar solo, bass line and drums on every single song. Same old 9 songs are re-recorded in here. They have slightly changed guitar solos, guitar rhythm, bass line, drums and vocal melody as if they were doing live. Good to listen to. Sound is also different. Obviously 90's mix sound differ from 80s.

But I prefer the originals. The rest 7 songs are I think new ones. And all good, all twisted. Deserves 5 stars of course. Any SMF must have it in the collection if you're still hungry. If not, stay hungry.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2013 11:23 PM GMT

Journey's Greatest Hits
Journey's Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars The Journey Of Journey, 20 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Journey's Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I collect and listen to albums lot more than greatest hits, best of, very best of, collection CDs from any band. Half the songs in such compilations are never my favourites. I'm album-oriented listener. There's a whole lotta joy listening to music holding the CD cover in hand going through lyrics, infos, arts and photos. That way I can imagine and get the whole picture of the album, the band and their music, message and philosophy.

But this Journey's Greatest Hits is different. I never listened to any album by Journey in the 80's. 80's being great era of rock 'n' roll when it ruled. I got introduced to Journey with this 'Greatest Hits'. Since I am hooked to it and I feel it's one of the great rock album ever made rather than compilations. I became a great fan of Journey. I was not new to Steve Perry though. I loved his voice in 'If Only For The Moment Girl' from 'USA for Africa', and 'Oh Sherrie' and 'Foolish Heart' from 'Street Talk'.

Steve Perry's voice and Neal Schon's guitar are what make Journey distinctive I think. That's why maybe, after Steve Perry, the band always sought for singer whose voice sounds similar to Steve's. Steve Augeri, Arnel Pinada and etc. But in my opinion, despite all being great singers, no one could top Steve Perry. He has the originality. I wish Mr. Perry would come back.

I recently attended Journey concert together with other great bands Foreigner and Styx. The current singer Arnel Pinada is of course talented, wonderful and powerful. The band did two albums with him - 'Revelation' and 'Eclipse'. Both great albums. But most of the songs they performed were from here. All the songs that you need to know about Journey are here in this Greatest Hits. This album is what Journey is all about. This album has been what Journey means to me. These are the songs that defined Journey. The journey of Journey.

Can't Slow Down-When It's Live
Can't Slow Down-When It's Live

5.0 out of 5 stars Foreigner Rocks \,,/,, 15 Jun. 2011
The last CDs I have of Foreigner are '4', 'Agent Provocateur' and 'Inside Information' that I bought for the ballads 'Waiting For A Girl Like You', 'I Want To Know What Love Is' and 'Don't Want To Live Without You'. That was the 80's and I was also a sweet young boy. ;-)

Who can forget the voice of Lou Gramm? 'Unusual Heat' turned me off a bit (Not that bad though) and I did not quiet follow 'Moonlight'. But until last year when I hear 'Can't Slow Down' album. Kelly Hansen may/may not sound like Lou Gramm but he sings as wonderfully and energetically as him. (Or maybe little more). That was the voice I remember in 'Over The Edge' by Hurricane.

I saw Foreigner Live with Journey and Styx recently. Such a rock 'n' roll experience of a lifetime. More than the ballads that I always knew, there are more about the band. They were entertaining, heavy, energetic and rocking and what we expect to see in a band when it comes to live music. They rocked the whole show that night.

'Can't Slow Down - When It's Live'. I listened to sample music in Amazon. Then I said to myself, 'I must get this album no matter how much!' It reminds me that I'm still in the concert. Double Vision, Head Games, Cold As Ice, Starrider, Feels Like The First Time, Urgent, I Want To Know What Love Is, Hot Blooded and Juke Box Hero. It's all here. To other live albums by the band I've heard, this is different I've found. There's something about it. Foreigner sounds heavy and energetic and that voice of Kelly Hansen is marvellous and powerful live. Gotta watch the DVD now.

Foreigner Rocks \,,/,

Sibelius 6 Educational
Sibelius 6 Educational

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Is Beautiful, 20 April 2011
This review is from: Sibelius 6 Educational (DVD-ROM)
For long time, I was wondering if there was any program that would do the job for musicians just like a word processor does for writers. Did a little bit of research in the Internet and learnt the name Sibelius in the first place. Read more about it, took a couple of classes and found out this is the program I was exactly looking for. And I bought the then latest version Sibelius 4. Sibelius company said there's no difference between the professional and educational versions but the price.

When I had Sibelius 4 running on old MacBook Pro which had Mac OSX10.4 Tiger, 2GHz Intel Core Duo Processor and 1GB Memory, the software used to hang every now and then for a little moment while entering notes. Later it caused a big problem that garble sound was encountered while playing back or no sound at all. Neither Apple nor Sibelius could fix it. Then I had to upgrade to Sibelius 5 which seemed to get rid of the problem. Immediately after that, Sibelius 6 came out. Now my baby is new MacBook Pro with OSX10.6 Snow Leopard, 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 Processor and 4GB Memory. The newly upgraded Sibelius 6 has been running absolutely fine without a single problem, so far.

I love to compose and arrange music. The composition and arrangement is all in my mind. Sibelius plays for me the notes I input for bass, drums, keyboards, violins, saxophones, etc. I listen to how it sounds and rework to make it sound better. I can use it as a final audio script before going to a studio. I even make backing tracks for covers and play guitar and sing along to entertain friends and myself. Though it's not suitable for professional entertainment use as sound samples are not of that high quality because the program is not designed for it. After adding the Rock And Pop Collection (Sibelius Sound Library), the sound samples I can choose from are Sibelius Player, DLS Music Device, Kontakt Player 2 and General Midi Module. Many of them sound like the real instruments. Good news is Avid/Digidesign (the maker of ProTools) bought Sibelius company. So I'm hoping that I can do more and better in the future.

From dawn till dusk and vice versa, I just open Sibelius and swim in the ocean of Notes and Notations. I love it. It has been my everything. Some mention the name Finale and some other names. I've never tried and I may. But I don't think I will ever because Sibelius has everything I need. I am not an advanced user. There are many things to explore. Recently I am only waiting for one announcement. Sibelius in iPad. Life would be more beautiful.

Sibelius 6
Sibelius 6

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Is Beautiful, 10 April 2011
This review is from: Sibelius 6 (DVD-ROM)
For long time, I was wondering if there was any program that would do the job for musicians just like a word processor does for writers. Did a little bit of research in the Internet and learnt the name Sibelius in the first place. Read more about it, took a couple of classes and found out this is the program I was exactly looking for. And I bought the then latest version Sibelius 4. Even though the one I have is the educational version, I am writing a review on this one as I could not find the product. Sibelius company said there's no difference between the professional and educational versions but the price.

Sony DSCH55B Cyber-shot Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Best For Shutterbug ... Better For Vernacular Photography, 7 Mar. 2011
I still hate to appear in the pictures myself. But lately for years, I don't know how I have become hobbyist about capturing every single moment and environment and the nature around me and save them in my Mac. Finally for the first time ever, I decided to buy one good, small, portable camera to keep in my pocket wherever I go in this world.

Sometime ago, I fell in love at first sight and very much wanted to buy Sony H20 because it had that old fashioned model although the specification was low compared to this Sony H55. The product discontinued and I was stuck. Still hunting for similar or better camera with affordable price and there I go. 14.1 Megapixels, 10X Zoom, 3inch Screen and 25mm Lens. For not knowing much about cameras, this is what I check before considering to buy one. What else should I look for at quiet affordable price ? Only £150. The same specification in Canon or other big names in the industry goes twice or thrice as much the cost. Sales assistant showed me in 2 colours. One silver, one black. I grabbed black straight because it looks cool.

And since, I am just capturing every single moment that I cherish with my family, friends and places. While traveling in the bus, I took at random hundreds of shots of rivers, roads, architectures, animals, tress, hills, sceneries and they all appeared clear and nice in the pictures. And the pictures don't shake in the hand of this amateur photographer. Recently went to Bryan Adams concert in the stadium and even from the cheapest seat at distance, the pictures and videos captured look and sound bright in the evening.

Every night I just connect the camera in my Mac with the USB cable provided and transfer all day's memory to a nice tidy folder without any hassles. Never had to install anything from the CD that came in the box. The box include a TV connection cable, a NP-FG1 battery and a charger. The camera so easy to use like any cybershots or portable cameras. I don't have to look in manual yet.

I am so glad that my first camera turn out to be giving me what I want. I am shutterbug and I am loving this SONY H55 ....... Mmmwa !!!

Tintin in Tibet (The Adventures of Tintin)
Tintin in Tibet (The Adventures of Tintin)
by Hergé
Edition: Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Tintin In India, Nepal And Tibet, 19 Dec. 2010
Reading Tintin after many years is kinda nostalgic. In my teens I was and still I am a big fan of Tintin. I still collect and read Tintin with same great enjoyment. And this 'Tintin In Tibet' is mine and surely everyone's most favorite. Tintin comics are adventurous, mysterious, funny and exploring different places and cultures. This one is about friendship and a bit sentimental. It is also about Yeti, the Abominal Snowman. The myth about Yeti in the Central Asia can be compared to Big Foot in the States, Nessie in the Scotland and UFOs around the world.

Herge always did research to some extent about the subjects, places and cultures before writing his another book of Tintin. In this one, it is pleasure to find Indian culture, Indian citiies and the bull in Indian street with which Captain Haddock has fun when they arrive in Delhi. It is also pleasure to see Tibetan culture and monks when they arrive in Tibet in search of the missing friend. Still there is some, not mistake I'd say, but confusion here.

The plane that crashed in Goshain Than, the mountainous range in Nepal, is flying from Patna, India to Kathmadu, the capital of Nepal. Nepal lies between Tibet (China) in north and India in south, east and west. The north side of Nepal and the south of Tibet are covered with snowy high mountains or the Himalayas. There it showed a little bit of culture of Nepal where Captain Haddock eats dried chilli thinking it was fruit. This you get to see around the streets of Kathmandu. The costume worn by kids, porters and people and the architectures are also what you get to see around there. And so far as I'm concerned, Sherpas like Tharkey are the local Nepalese guides for the mountain expedition.

Nepalese (Nepali), the national language, is spoken all around Nepal. When Captain Haddock collides with the porter, he shouts back at him in Indian language (Hindi). Nepali and Hindi share similar phonetics and alphabets as both languages are descended from Sanskrit, the ancient language. Although Hindi is understood there, it is not spoken in daily life. Herge later admitted it as an error.

Never mind ! Tintin is always the greatest fun to read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cool, 12 Dec. 2010
Honestly speaking, I was deceived by the name 'Super' when I passed by a guitar shop on my holiday. Over Drive OD3 cost over £70 I knew. I was looking for a pedal that sounds heavier or noisier or crunchier than OD3. The display 'Boss SD1 Super Over Drive ONLY £35' got its chance to mislead me.

Once I was back home, I straight away jacked my guitar in and hit the chord with SD1. I could not get heavier or noisier or crunchier sound that I hoped for. Disappointed at first, I could not even go back on holiday to the same place for refund. Having no choice, I had to keep it. Keep it on the chain next to DS1.

The more I used it, the more I got used to with its sound. It leaves me to wonder when they describe the sound of pedals in words like crunchy, natural, warm, deep, flat, etc. This one sounds like as if the sharp edges of that crunchy sound of Over Drive OD3 is smoothed out. And the condensed dots in the overdriven sound are thinned out. Now I don't have to switch the knobs of DS1 every now and then for different music. For heavy stuff I kick DS1 and for soft and bluesy SD1.

Still I wonder what is in the name 'Super'. But I learnt now that it is one of the Super Cool pedals the Boss made.
Rock 'N' Roll \,,/,

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cool, 12 Dec. 2010

Rock 'N' Roll \,,/,
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 4:07 PM GMT

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20