Profile for Sangeet Rcknrol > Reviews

Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
Offered by Jb's Music Store
Price: 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cool, 12 Dec 2010
Honestly speaking, I was deceived by the name 'Super' when I passed by a guitar shop on my holiday. Over Drive OD3 cost over 70 I knew. I was looking for a pedal that sounds heavier or noisier or crunchier than OD3. The display 'Boss SD1 Super Over Drive ONLY 35' got its chance to mislead me.

Once I was back home, I straight away jacked my guitar in and hit the chord with SD1. I could not get heavier or noisier or crunchier sound that I hoped for. Disappointed at first, I could not even go back on holiday to the same place for refund. Having no choice, I had to keep it. Keep it on the chain next to DS1.

The more I used it, the more I got used to with its sound. It leaves me to wonder when they describe the sound of pedals in words like crunchy, natural, warm, deep, flat, etc. This one sounds like as if the sharp edges of that crunchy sound of Over Drive OD3 is smoothed out. And the condensed dots in the overdriven sound are thinned out. Now I don't have to switch the knobs of DS1 every now and then for different music. For heavy stuff I kick DS1 and for soft and bluesy SD1.

Still I wonder what is in the name 'Super'. But I learnt now that it is one of the Super Cool pedals the Boss made.
Rock 'N' Roll \,,/,
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2012 4:07 PM GMT

No Title Available

Mothership: The Very Best of Led Zeppelin
Mothership: The Very Best of Led Zeppelin
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal Gods, 27 Nov 2010
I don't want to talk too much about this album because I can not judge on gods. I listened to Zeppelin for many years since teens. I always like them. But I never found their music more pleasing as in this double album. Maybe it is remastered or remixed or compilation of their bests in order I don't know. And while listening to CD, I enjoyed going through the CD booklet that contains their stories and photographs. A must for the rocker's collection and library. Rock 'N' Roll \,,/,

PNY USB 2.0 Drive 2 GB
PNY USB 2.0 Drive 2 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars I DON'T TRUST THEM ANYMORE BUT THIS, 1 Jun 2010
ByteStor (Red) 8GB*****

I've had all these and I purchased them all from Amazon brand new. I wanted to collect them because they look nice. I wanted to have my data saved and nicely arranged because they say they are good for it. I was happy in the beginning. But after what I've been through, I don't know if I still rely on them.

1st time - I had all my wedding pictures, wedding video clips and favorite music stored in *Western Digital Passport (Metallic Red) 250GB. After 2 years, neither my MacBook Pro nor PC recognized it. Cost me extra for data recovery. I sadly reviewed positive for this item. Thanks the product is discontinued.

2nd time - All my favorite movies in **Western Digital Essential (Black) 250GB. Again the same problem within months. Lost all of them.

3rd time - I saved again all those recovered files of my wedding photos, clips and music in ***Iomega Prestige (Silver) 320GB. But then I couldn't edit any files from Mac. From PC it was OK. Experts explained about FAT32 blah blah. Got it formatted in Mac. Then again PC failed to recognize it. Compatible in both Mac and PC ? It has become 'one at a time' thing. Not a problem.

4th time - Same Mac & PC thing with ****Integral (Blue)16GB. But after data recovery and format in Mac, it works on both.

5th time - This is the worst experience of all. *****ByteStor (Red) 8GB. I got all my Sibelius music files saved in it as a back up as my Mac needed to be repaired. These Sibelius files were my life's work. Within a week, data is all lost. USB is not recognizable in any computers. My life is gone. I felt like I lost everything in life. And this made me review this.

The rest above (not asterisked) are not giving troubles so far. But don't know when they will start. Among all, PNY 2GB is the only one that still works fine even though it's about 4-5 years old and has worn and torn. These so-called portable storage whether be it Western Digital or Iomega or Integral or ByteStor, the valuable data is at 100% of huge risk of loss.

People I know use external drives that use power supply. They are bulky but so far they haven't experienced such problems. But I don't know yet. I'm thinking of buying blank CDs or DVDs to store data now. I know it's gonna cost me space. But my trust for these portable storage is broken. Damage is done.

Iomega Hard Drive Prestige External Hard Drive 320GB USB 2.0
Iomega Hard Drive Prestige External Hard Drive 320GB USB 2.0

1.0 out of 5 stars I DON'T TRUST THEM ANYMORE., 1 Jun 2010
ByteStor (Red) 8GB*****

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2011 12:30 PM BST

Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB USB Portable External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Passport Essential 250GB USB Portable External Hard Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars I DON'T TRUST THEM ANYMORE, 1 Jun 2010

ByteStor 8GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Red Flash Drive
ByteStor 8GB USB High Speed "Dataferry" Red Flash Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars I DON'T TRUST THEM ANYMORE, 31 May 2010
ByteStor (Red) 8GB*****

Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2010 11:31 AM BST

Without Me (VaiTunes*)
Without Me (VaiTunes*)
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar God, 17 May 2010
No doubt about the title. He plays with the hands of ten guitarists and a soul of thousands. Whispering A Prayer, For The Love Of God, Windows To The Soul, Touching Tongues, Hand On Heart, Warm Regards, Boston Rain Melody, Feather, Sofa, Tender Surrender, Die To Live, Lotus Feet, K'm-Pee-Du-Wee, Sisters and now this Without Me. How he makes the guitar cry ? Listening to HIS music, watching HIS videos and attending HIS concerts million times won't even quench the thirst.

Revolve
Revolve
Price: 16.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Dangerously Rocked Me, 2 May 2010
This review is from: Revolve (Audio CD)
When I say Danger Danger I'm talking about Naughty Naughty, Under The Gun, Don't Walk Away, Rock America, Bang Bang, Feels Like Love, Turn It On from the debut self titled album and Monkey Business, Get Your Shit Together, Crazy Nites, Don't Blame It On Love, Coming Home from the second album Screw It on powerful and melodic voice of Ted Poley and rocking guitar riffs, rhythms and solos of Andy Timmons.

The albums still play in my system and rock me well. The rest of the albums were maybe good or better. But honestly I never played them more than once or twice. Now I had to get this Revolve with not much expectations. But on the contrary it is non-stop playing in my iPod with blast disturbing the fellow passengers in the bus.

That's What I'm Talking About, Ghost Of Love, Hearts On The Highway, Keep On Keeping On, Rocket To Your Heart, Dirty Mind rocked me the same way. Killing Love, Fugitive and Never Give Up are ballads as good as One Step From Paradise and I Still Think About You.

Glad that Ted Poley is back. Although Andy Timmons is missing, Rob Marcello does is job equally well.

\,,/,