Profile for Linda H > Reviews

Content by Linda H

Linda H

The Humans
The Humans

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved this book and found great difficulty in putting it ..., 24 May 2015
This review is from: The Humans (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book and found great difficulty in putting it down to do other things which can't be a bad thing. I particularly liked the relationship between the 'Professor' and Newton. The author got the character of Gulliver as a sulky, depressive, teenager with painful difficulties of 'fitting in' and attachment issues off to a tee. It was all very straight to the point and honest and I would think this is down to the character and mental health of the author himself. He really has put himself on the line and I love that in him. Well done. This is a joy to read and I do wish I understood prime numbers!

How to Inherit a House in London: A Tangled Tale of Love and Treachery
How to Inherit a House in London: A Tangled Tale of Love and Treachery

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Interit a House in London, 24 May 2015
I read this book while on holiday and happily recommended it to my fellow travellers as I thoroughly enjoyed it. The literary content and story telling was superb as well as the descriptions of the characters who came over as real and believable. It gave me a real insight into the serious subject of the vulnerability of the elderly and this was neatly balanced by the hidden gems of sartorial wit. I couldn't put it down and found it to be a bit of a page turner. I am not familiar with London and I got a real sense of the locations the houses were set in. I loved the description of the birds in the garden, especially the pigeons possibly getting drunk on the juice of the grapes. The analogy of the bind weed disguising itself as a fragile plant in amongst the roses is very clever. Well worth a read - funny and meaningful rolled into one.

QUICKPLAY Kickster Combo 8 x 5' Football Goal & Rebounder
QUICKPLAY Kickster Combo 8 x 5' Football Goal & Rebounder

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 5 Dec. 2013
Bought this for my nephew who is a real football fanatic as a birthday present. It was recommended by a friend who had seen it on youtube. It is surprisingly easy to set up and the added bonus is that it can be either a goal for practising his shooting or changed into a net which bounces the ball back to him very accurately, depending on how well he kicks it. He has used it in the garden and was very popular with his friends when he took it to the local park. Very happy with this all round.