Profile for Top Muffin > Reviews

Rachel's Food for Living
Rachel's Food for Living
by Rachel Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book full of Real Food, 21 Sep 2007
I was so excited to see Rachel Allen has published another cookbook!
It's a beautiful book, full of lovely colourful photos and most of the recipes are things I will actually use.

She's always great on Saturday Kitchen so I made sure to watch her new show and I love it - she's very easy to watch and her accent is lovely to listen to. It's refreshing that there are no pointless self-obsessed innuendos like Nigella or tired cliches like Gordon and Jamie. I get the impression she's just a real woman with a real family and real clothes who likes really good food!

Daily Candy A to Z: An Insider's Guide to the Sweet Life
Daily Candy A to Z: An Insider's Guide to the Sweet Life
by Daily Candy

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet little treat!, 27 Feb 2007
I love the Daily Candy emails so I just had to get this book. Very `How to walk in high heels' but prettier, as Daily Candy is in colour and has wonderful girly illustrations on every page. A girl can never have too many books like this! It's full of quirky nuggets about men, sex, clothes, make-up, food, shopping, and all the good stuff in life. I dip in and out whenever I need a pick-me-up.

Tempted: 200 Very Wicked Desserts
Tempted: 200 Very Wicked Desserts
by Murdoch Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Tantalising, 26 Feb 2007
I was certainly tempted to buy when i picked this book up in the shop. Stunning photography, although it's a shame many of the recipes aren't illustrated. There are desserts for every occasion, and a fab section all about chocolate. My only negative is that there aren't descriptions or introductions for the recipes - sometimes i'm not quite sure what result i'm aiming for! I recommend the Chocolate Ravioli, a new take on profiteroles. Yummy!

100 Magnificent Muffins and Scones
100 Magnificent Muffins and Scones
by Felicity Barnum-Bobb

5.0 out of 5 stars A magnificent must-have, 26 Feb 2007
My inner domestic goddess made me buy this book and I'm glad I did! The layout is really clear, the photos are beautiful (and tempting) and the recipes are easy to follow. Great range of ideas for adults or children - my little nieces picked out the crunchy peanut butter muffins and loved them. Plenty of recipes, any more choice and i'd never be able to make my mind up!