Profile for Mike Jackson > Reviews

Content by Mike Jackson

Mike Jackson

Saving Susie-Belle: Rescued from the horrors of a puppy farm, one dog's uplifting true story
by Janetta Harvey

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written and thought provoking book., 29 Jan. 2014
I picked up the book to read a few pages before dropping off and couldn't put it down. 3 hours later I finished . I really enjoyed it, I was close to tears at some points and smiled at others. It's a very special book made even better by having met, and become friends with, a lot of the characters in the book.

If you love dogs and are concerned about there welfare this book is a must read. It should be required reading for anyone looking to buy a puppy.

Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
by Syl Arena

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, a must have for any digital photographer, 27 Oct. 2012
Having previously bought and read The Speedliters Handbook by Syl Arena I just had to get this book. It doesn't disappoint and I can recommend it to anyone from an outright beginner to a seasoned pro.Once again Syl has managed to demystify a subject that lots of people struggle with.

Following Atticus: How a little dog led one man on a journey of rediscovery to the top of the world

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational read, 18 May 2012
Simply the best book I've read in years. At one point I was sitting with tears streaming down my face and laughing out loud at other times. Tom and Atticus are two of the gentlest and kindest souls that I have ever read about. This isn't just about Hiking or dogs it's about a fantastic friendship and how a dog and a man found their soul mates.

Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
Speedliter's Handbook: Learning to Craft Light with Canon Speedlites
by Syl Arena

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best photography books I've ever read., 2 April 2011
This book is one that will stay with me a long time. If you've got a canon camera and want to learn about flashes this is definitely the book for. If you haven't got a Canon then I feel sorry for you but this book is still excellent.