Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Spring Heeled Jack: Terror of London book one: Volume 1
Spring Heeled Jack: Terror of London book one: Volume 1
by Mr. Jack E. Brix

1.0 out of 5 stars Jump somewhere else., 11 Sept. 2014
Quite disappointed to be honest, the pamphlet (can't really be called a book) arrived today and after reading the first 'chapter' (about 2 pages), I found the grammatical errors annoying, and the dialogue even more so. I will persevere however, as I hate to waste money. Will post a further review here if it improves, but I don't hold much hope. If you see no addendum, it is because I can't be bothered like the author.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, 21 Sept. 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
OK I am not one for writing reviews easily, for a start I only normally play mmorpgs. I bought this initially for my son but within 10 mins of 'trying it out', I couldnt believe what I was seeing!
72 hours later I still can't believe what I am seeing. The detail is astounding, even down to telephone lines blowing in the breeze. To drive like 30 miles and then sit in your car listening to the radio and watching the sun go down is BETTER than real life (you dont have to spend money on fuel). I would not have believed this possible on the PS3 (let alone on the inferior XBox), but Rockstar have pulled it off. The control of vehicles is so natural (apart from some missions) that for the very 1st time, I was able to completely navigate the map without actually crashing into anything - the first GTA game I have ever done that in.Going back to the missions, they seem to invariably force you to drive some dreadful car or truck that responds like a soggy condom which gets frustrating after the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Fortunately for people who are NOT obsessed with getting the maximum awards for a mission (me), after your 3rd failed attempt you can actually skip it and carry on which is great, not locking you in the game on one specific mission. The language and sexual conotations are really 18+ , so parents who buy this unwittingly for their 10 year olds should really take note... you can pay for 'ladies' and take them out for a drive to recieve special rewards for money given (ahem). This, although not completely graphical in nature, doesnt leave a lot to the imagination (it allows different camera views too). Get a cable car to the top of a mountain at sunset and look at the lights of the city in the distance, seriously amazing!
The addition of underwater activities is also welcome and done really well, maybe the control of the guy could have been better implemented whilst swimming but its not too bad. Wildlife has been done better as well, with deer, cattle and sheep running away at the sight of you as you approach. I think I was also attacked by a mountain lion or cougar at one point but I shot it too fast so wasnt really sure. At one point in the game you even get a dog which you can take for walks and play 'fetch' with, although it started being a pain in the ass so I ended up leaving it home (apparently you can get an app on your phone to train it better,but I dont have a smartphone). All in all GTA V is well worth getting. Even if you dont have time to play it, just leave it on and listen to the hilarious radio stations or listen to the music while you go about your chores.

Endless Ocean (Wii)
Endless Ocean (Wii)
Offered by Bonkers4Bargains!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fintastic!, 20 July 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Endless Ocean (Wii) (Video Game)
I never write reviews on games.Until now...
What can I say? When I first popped this into my Wii I was thinking along the lines of the old Spectrum game Scuba Dive - boy was I wrong!
This 'game' is out of this world. I hesitate to use the word 'game' as this is more of an experience than a game, although the storyline is interesting and the missions keep you going.
The graphics and sounds are exceptionally well done , giving you the feeling of really being under the sea. Grabbing hold of a Whale Shark and letting it pull you along is just mad! I cannot begin to describe how impressed I was by this - even though I am more used to mmorpgs and strategy games - this is so totally different,and as others have said, quite relaxing.
This is a landmark program and should be given away free with every Wii sold in my opinion.

Only gave it 5 stars as 10 was not an option.......

EyeToy Play with Camera (PS2)
EyeToy Play with Camera (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining,quality product., 7 Dec. 2003
I chose this as a birthday present for my 9 year old son,and was as addicted to it as he was.I was a little doubtful when ordering it as I had a similar product for my PC which didn't work very well.Having been swayed by customers reviews,though,I was delighted to find that this works flawlessly.The Eyetoy camera is sturdy and well made and,being quite heavy,sits on top of the TV without fear of being jogged out of position by accidental jolts etc. The games,although being fairly simple, are quite enjoyable to both play and watch.Our favourites are KungFoo in which you kick and punch bad guys off the screen (and even headbutts work!) and Rocket Rumble in which you have to ignite fireworks in order of colour,which is fun,but gets hard VERY quickly.
Installation is quick and simple,we were playing within 5 minutes of opening the box.
Have a few friends around for drinks and this product really SHINES!!

Scooter - Encore (the Whole Story) [DVD]
Scooter - Encore (the Whole Story) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scooter

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Excellent !!!, 15 Oct. 2003
Having heard two or three tracks from Scooter on the radio,and liking what I heard,when I came across the DVD on Amazon and having a few quid spare,I just bought it. Wow! er,no,I mean Bloody WOW!!!,this is without doubt,the best DVD I have ever bought,without exception. The first disc (of TWO!) is Scooter live,with multi-angle shots on certain tracks and is simply stunning. But just to jam it down your throat, you are given a SECOND disc with all the videos on too!!!. That is value for money. I picked this up for just over a tenner,and I have listened to at least 7 or 8 tracks a day since I bought it. Even my 7yo son loves it and puts it on while he's playing. I must be honest,though,and admit that my wife hates it,but what the hell,she likes Pop Idol!!!
Get this without delay. Seriously.

Hulk [DVD] [2003]
Hulk [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Eric Bana
Offered by Bridge_Records

4.0 out of 5 stars Hey,come on,it's not that bad..., 15 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Hulk [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
A lot of people have slammed this movie. Never having been a great fan of the Hulk in any respect,I was not very excited about the idea when my seven year old son 'made' me take him to see this. To be honest,I quite enjoyed it. The special effects were (in this day and age) adequate,and the storyline,although not as upbeat as X-Men or Spiderman,was fairly straightforward, albeit a bit drawn out. The first hour of the movie is far too long,where it doesn't have to be. The persona of David Banner,(the Hulks dad) is unnecessary and shouldn't have been there. Along with mutant poodles and hanging around on jet fighters and (almost) flying into space,these bolted-on kiddy exciters have no place here. Marvel movies,really have one of two places,they cater to the adult audience (Blade,Daredevil - No don't laugh!) or Spiderman (which was fantastic!) for the kids. It seems that trying to cater to both tends to leave something missing from both. When The Hulk! finally gets in an appearance and starts leaping around the desert on well-muscled legs,the action is rivetting,and obviously you want more of this wonderful CGI US Army - bashing fun. This is great stuff. There just isn't enough of it,though. It soon degrades into unrealistic flights into the ionosphere and underground antics below the 'Streets of San Francisco'. The main thing that lifts this film out of the mire,though is the acting. Relatively unknown actor Eric Bana (not Banner!) is superb in his portrayal of the tragic Bruce Banner and Jennifer Connelly as Betty Ross also delivers the goods,showing that a poor script CAN be overcome by good actors. The ending of the movie is a total disaster and completely spoilt it for me. When The Hulk fights his nemesis (no clues!), it is done at night for some strange reason,and I for one,(even on the big screen!) could hardly make out anything that was going on. I am used to working nightshift and have very good vision,but I am going to buy the novel when it comes out,just to find out what happened!. See the movie,the entertaining bits are very entertaining.If you have the DVD or video,just fast-forward the rest.Needless to say,my son enjoyed the movie,too,although I found myself at a loss when he asked,"What happened at the end,Dad?"

Nisis Easyclix Anantomic 5 Button Scroll Mouse
Nisis Easyclix Anantomic 5 Button Scroll Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars A mouse for all seasons!, 31 Aug. 2003
Great product!.Plug and play with ease.Feels comfortable,although it is quite easy to press the side buttons by accident,but this is a minor quibble.Works great with games too,AvP2 and Jedi Knight 2 work great with the extra 2 side buttons coming in very handy to change vision modes or throw someone off a cliff!.Would have liked the drivers to be on a CD rather than floppy as 3.5" is on the way out (I don't have one!).I have not installed the drivers anyway and it works fine,so what am I whining about?!
All in all, a great product.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence [2001] - 2 disc set [DVD]
A.I. Artificial Intelligence [2001] - 2 disc set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Haley Joel Osment

5.0 out of 5 stars A Movie Masterpiece., 31 Aug. 2003
Steven Spielberg's vastly underrated movie based on a wonderful short story by famous Sci-Fi author Brian Aldiss is a visual treat.The casting is second to none with child actor Haley Joel Osmont playing the the part of the initially emotionless android in a manner that would leave Leonard Nimoy (of Mr. Spock fame) gasping with envy.Although the film does not mirror exactly Brian Aldiss' storyline,I am sure he is not disappointed with the result.The late great Stanley Kubrick was determined to bring this to the silver screen,and I am sure that Spielberg has done it justice.The extras on the DVD are superb,although a bit more credit to Mr. Aldiss would not go amiss.The emotional ending left me in tears (the only movie EVER!) .This is a movie for any mother who has a son and any son who has a mother,and the rest of the family too.Absolutely marvellous!.

28 Days Later (2002) [DVD]
28 Days Later (2002) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Thriller, 30 May 2003
This review is from: 28 Days Later (2002) [DVD] (DVD)
This is the second film EVER to send a chill up my spine!. The first being Alien, and I certainly have seen some good horror flicks!.This is a combination of Day of the Triffids,Dawn of the Dead and the excellent (but old) BBC TV series Survivors (release on DVD PLEASE!).If you enjoyed any of those,watch this,but have some valium tablets and a bottle of whiskey with you.This is a very enjoyable film which is extremely well acted by virtual unknowns and includes some spine chilling (but satisfying!!)scenes of a dead London.
The extras are interesting although not overlong and the DVD quality is adequate,but nothing special.
Very Recommended.