ARRAY(0xaa493ea0)

Broken Silence
Broken Silence
Price: 1.21

2.0 out of 5 stars boring, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Broken Silence (Kindle Edition)
Very boring, drivel. Like watching a family, asking if they'd like a cup of tea, maybe with or without sugar, maybe with the tv on too...

Never Buried: Volume 1 (Leigh Koslow Mystery Series)
Never Buried: Volume 1 (Leigh Koslow Mystery Series)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars good plot ideas, needed better-developed characters, 1 Mar 2014
The tone was haphazard; sometimes it was 'one would wonder' then it would change to 'Leigh had her own ideas'.

For me I needed to understand the characters more. It was 'Miss Marple' but in bits.

Eleanor
Eleanor
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars great storyline, strange moments of emotional abuse though, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
Good twists that doesn't give all away too soon. Love the fantasy aspects.

While I was reading this I couldn't decide if the author was an old man, or a young innocent girl from an old fashioned background. It is quite strange. The language uses words like 'cool' and 'awesome' yet switches to a more medieval focus, especially towards the start. What was a bit concerning about this book, that almost had me give up, were the recurring feelings the author gave the characters; shame, disgust, embarrassment, punishment, emotional abuse, misplaced unearned 'respect'. That felt wrong to me, as that's not how I understand my world. Also quite a bit of arrogance. If the author could allow us to empathise a little more by making character-tussles not centred around those, or giving us some more understanding about those feelings, it would have improved the book for me.

Bloody great book though for a freebie!

Hooded Toggle Coat/ Navy 10- Ljk Hartley- (2.99)
Hooded Toggle Coat/ Navy 10- Ljk Hartley- (2.99)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, cute, has shape and not cheap-looking, 27 Nov 2013
I was concerned this was going to look like some shiny-material cheap-looking coat (sorry seller!). I was pleasantly wrong! It's great, it's warm, it fits well.

Looks like it should be waterproof. Haven't tested that yet.

Size was good for me. It's an average-on-the-small-side 10. I prefer it that way; I'm fairly young!

I got the navy blue. Which it is.

Say the same about the hood re: could use poppers to attach it to neck-buffer thing.

It's warm and not a heavy coat. the pack came and I thought 'uh oh' this will be too thin. Not the case.

No inside pockets by the way. That doesn't bother me.

Was interested to know where this was made. Label doesn't say. Hoping it's not super cheap labour.

Information Architecture for the World Wide Web: Designing Large-Scale Web Sites
Price: 14.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Good foundation and more... A little too more!, 24 Mar 2012
This is invaluable if you:

- know nothing,
- know a little,
- or just want a reference when your working on IA.

It's too wordy for my liking, but that's part of the style. I prefer to be told the main point clearly, without ramblings. Despite needing more bullet points to make the their points (!), this book:

- covers a raft of IA areas
- gives you guidance
- is considered one of the 'must haves' in he field

It is not an easy handy reference when you're practicing IA (I think there may be irony in that..!) but still if you're willing to flick through the book and read a little it is still a reference of sorts.

Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-it-yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems (Voices That Matter)
by Steve Krug
Price: 20.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Life saver!, 24 Mar 2012
It was my first direct attempt at running usability testing when I got this book. This book made it easy, with useful templates, methods and common sense. I ran what he would call a 'big honking' set of testing sessions which could have been a lot harder if it weren't for Steve.