Profile for Atross > Reviews

HBR Guide to Managing Stress at Work
HBR Guide to Managing Stress at Work
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection, 14 Feb 2014
This book has helped me, it is a collection of articles from hbr. As it is a collection it gives short bits of information that are easy to implement!

Deer Management in the UK
Deer Management in the UK
Price: 18.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Novice Deer Manager, 16 April 2013
I am new to stalking and recently have be fortunate enough to be involved in an actual management plan. I found this book along with publications from the deer inative and the forestry commission extremely useful in preparing for my first meeting. The management plans in this book are more geared towards management of deer in relation to improving the quality of bucks and is heavily focused on Roe. The cull planing info and worked through models are good as well as the case studies. Where the book is lacking is in management plans for biodiversity control, good workings on actual surveying techniques and management plans for ither species. What I really liked was the examples of why good record keeping over many years can help with management planning and actually how the medal system can also be used to monitor improvements.

DP Liquid Soap Flakes - Gentle Cleaning 750ML
DP Liquid Soap Flakes - Gentle Cleaning 750ML
Offered by shop4allsorts
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Liquid soap flakes, 11 April 2013
Previously I had been using nikwax tech wash and wool wash for my gear prior to treating. This seems to be a great alternative that cleans with out stripping out the proofing or damaging the wool

The Tree House Diaries: How to live wild in the woods
The Tree House Diaries: How to live wild in the woods
by Nick Weston
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A what it's like Guide, 25 Oct 2010
Being a Sussex lad born and breed (well nearly, was born in Redhill, so close) I must say I have an interest to declare!

This is an interesting book in the current genre of Bushcraft/Survival/Foraging books that seem to be all the rage at the moment. It is important not to view this book as a field guide or as how to survive the end of the world guide. This book to me was more of a "how do I apply the theory" guide.

Nick gives an interesting insight into what foraging on a daily basis is actually about, and you travel with him as he experiments with different brews and dishes. To me this is what is lacking in some of the other books out there at the moment. I am not a hardcore survival nut, but I am looking to find ways in which I can connect more with the environment around me, I got this from Nick's book.

You will need a field guide or two accompany this book, but there are tips on what to look out for good and bad, there are also adaptions to ideas you will find in other guides. What is also intriguing is the psychology that is played in the situation Nick has put him self in, from excitement to loneliness and the simple pleasure that is good company!

For me I would be intrigued to see what happens during the winter months, very few writers in this area have put them selves in that situation, not that I am a sadist but I would like to read about what the challenges a\ere when things get tough.