Profile for mac happy > Reviews

Content by mac happy

mac happy

Page: 1 | 2
SanDisk SDCFXS-032G-X46 Extreme CompactFlash UDMA7 Memory Card up to 120 MB/s read - 32 GB
Offered by MemoryLab

3.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible as 2nd card in Nikon D4 !!, 6 Feb. 2014
BE WARNED - This is a decent card but nowhere in the spec does it mention that it's not compatible for the Nikon D4 in the 2nd card, slot 1 is an XQD card, slot 2 is a CF card. The Sandisk extreme works in a D4 WITHOUT an XQD card in place but why do that? I got this to use as a back up in slot 2 i.e. to copy from slot 1 incase of a card failure there.

I phoned Nikon who checked and told me it's not compatible, should have done this first but all my other Sandisk cards work ok so why would I doubt it.

I tried other cards and the Extreme pro works as I wanted it to as a backup for XQD card.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2014 2:24 PM BST

invero®Premium Range -Twin Pack- 2x High Power EN-EL3e ENEL3e - 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery for Nikon / Coolpix D Series Range

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, I'm happy, 27 Jun. 2012
I've just run one of these batteries down in the battery grip on my D700 and it took 170 shots, maybe five shots however were with the pop-up flash.

You'll probably get more shots from the Nikon batteries, but bearing in mind this is the first use and they are much cheaper than Nikon's own (which I have two of) I think they are well worth having in your bag.

Expert Shield - THE Screen Protectors for: FujiFilm Cameras *Lifetime Guarantee* (FujiFilm FinePix X10 & X20 Crystal Clear Expert Shield)
Offered by Expert Shield

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 27 Jun. 2012
The screen protector for my fuji x10 arrived next day, it was very easy to apply following the instructions unlike others I've had for mobile phones, so hats off to Expert Shield for that.

It is slightly smaller than the screen on my x10 which iI wasn't made aware of (@ 2mm vertical & horizontal). This shouldn't really be a problem but perhaps Expert Shield should make buyers aware of it. I would have given 5 stars otherwise. That aside, I would buy these for my other camera's if I felt they needed it.

Think Tank StreetWalker PRO Backpack
Think Tank StreetWalker PRO Backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy & comfy - recommended, 11 Jun. 2012
Very comfortable and fits plenty in: D700,MBD10, 24-70 f2.8,16-35 f4,70-200, 50mm,35mm,85mm, filters,chargers, card wallet, rain and more. Used it a couple of times and it makes a difference to having all the weight on your shoulder.

I mainly use this to store my gear in and have a retrospective 30 for daily use which is also excellent. I've converted to Think Tank from Domke which don't quite cut it for me now for carting zooms & the rest around.

Think Tank Retrospective 30 Black Shoulder Bag
Think Tank Retrospective 30 Black Shoulder Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars The best a fussy man can get!, 11 Jun. 2012
I bought this after much searching. I'm fussy about bags and like them to be unobtrusive, comfortable, functional. I'd just bought a lowepro which fitted my gear (D700 & battery drive, 24-70 f2.8, 16-35 f4, 70-200, 50mm, 35mm,85mm & bits n pieces)

The lowepro 200aw is a good bag which also fits a laptop but was a bit bulky for me. The Retrospective 30 is similar but in my opinion better than the Domke that I've been using as it fits all the gear in and has plenty but not too many pockets. It is very well thought out and easy to access the equipment from your shoulder.

If you want a comfy bag that protects your gear without being too bulky then i'd highly recommend this. I also bought a streetwalker backpack which again is excellent.

Quadro Black Wireless Weather Station
Quadro Black Wireless Weather Station
Offered by Wetterladen - Freizeit- und Sportartikel

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 30 Aug. 2011
I bought this four months ago after reading a few reviews, I decided it seemed ok especially for the price. i've had to change the batteries in the main unit twice using good batteries, the only way that I can read the screen is looking at it from the side. It replaced an Oregon unit whichhad worked for seven years but the external sensor packed-in and to replace it was more than the cost of this unit. Now I think that I should have replaced the Oregon sensor as this has not performed well at all.

**update**
Sent back to Amazon & had a full refund, purchased an decent Oregon unit which works!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Whoopee! reinvigorated the Henry!, 9 Jun. 2011
What can you say about a hoover hose? It fits on the hoover and works. The old one was worn out and leaked air so the vacuum didn't pick all it could up. For £8 this has got the old Henry working again, better than buying a new hoover. The packaging was a bit of overkill, bagged & boxed, small niggle though.

Spiral - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Spiral - Series 1-2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Proust

5.0 out of 5 stars Tres bon !, 1 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Spiral - Series 1-2 [DVD] (DVD)
Saw series 3 and wanted more. Bought this and have watched half of series 1 so far. They're really good.

Escobar: The Inside Story of Pablo Escobar, the World's Most Powerful Criminal
Escobar: The Inside Story of Pablo Escobar, the World's Most Powerful Criminal
by Roberto Escobar

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 28 April 2011
Read this a while ago so can't remember all the details. From what I remember it was a good book about the infamous Pablo Escobar, I would recommend it. I found it quite an insight into his life which quite different to the persona portrayed in the press. Lots of political shenannigans. bribery & coruption.

3.5mm Jack to 2 x RCA Phono Stereo Audio Cable 3m Lead
3.5mm Jack to 2 x RCA Phono Stereo Audio Cable 3m Lead
Offered by MrStar

5.0 out of 5 stars Work well, great price, 28 April 2011
Plug & play. Couldn't be simpler!! iphone/ipod now connect direct to stereo amplifier, sound is v.good and for price a real bargain.

Page: 1 | 2