ARRAY(0xa82ea2e8)

Profile for A C > Reviews

Content by A C

A C "A C A" (London)

Sennheiser MX 880 Premium Stereo Earphones with Powerful Bass-Driven Stereo Sound

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but poor quality control., 15 Dec 2012
The sound that these earbuds produce are excellent but I have been through 2 pairs and always the right ear bud starts to crackle within weeks of use even at moderate levels, also the volume control is poorly built as there is channel imbalance when changing the volume.

It's a pity that such a good sounding pair of earbuds are blighted by these problems and it shouldn't command a high price for a so called pair "premium" of earbuds.

Cowon iAudio E2 4GB MP3 Player - Silver
Cowon iAudio E2 4GB MP3 Player - Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars best sounding no screen mp3 player, but useless support., 26 Feb 2012
I bought this product for my wife and she is impressed with the sound quality as much as I am, I just want to give some useful information.

To play files in numerical order you must do the following.

you must add or rename track numbers 01-99 with brackets e.g. "(01) Lady GaGa - Alessandro" and tracks 1-9 must start with a zero e.g. (01)-(09). For tracks 100 upwards do not use brackets otherwise the player won't detect them.

The files in the E2 should look something like this:

(01) Lady GaGa Alessandro
(10)Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
(99) Aha - Take on me
100 NWA Straight outta compton.

I figured this out myself as cowon are useless providing support and gave no information on how play tracks in a numerical order, also look after the usb cable as they are hard to find and usb cables designed for ipod shuffle won't work on the cowon e2, hope this helps.

Cowon iAudio E2 4GB MP3 Player - Black
Cowon iAudio E2 4GB MP3 Player - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars best sounding no screen mp3 player, but useless support., 16 Feb 2012

To play files in numerical order you must do the following.

The files in the E2 should look something like this:

(01) Lady GaGa Alessandro
(10)Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata
(99) Aha - Take on me
100 NWA Straight outta compton.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2012 5:40 PM BST

Cowon i9 16GB MP3 Player - Black
Cowon i9 16GB MP3 Player - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Clunky player with awesome sound, make sure you set the region to 'outside of Europe' to avoid annoying EU volume cap.., 8 Jan 2012
The Cowon I9 is an excellent sound player and sounds especially good with FLAC files and LAME converted 320kps Mp3 files, I9 does play AAC files but it doesn't recognise the numerical order of the tracks therefore putting them in random order and the I9 will not play Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC)files. The user interface is pretty clunky with weird cryptic symbols but with paitence you will get use them and to me this is what let downs the player a lot and creating a playlist is a nightmare, if you can look pass these problems you will enjoy the audio quality the I9 produces especially paired with a Sennheiser HD 558 or Sennheiser HD 598.

Now there is one important aspect that must be taken to be into consideration, when turning on the I9 for the first time you will prompted to choose a reigion. Do not choose your region to be in Europe as the EU volume cap will be applied thus preventing you from getting the best out of headphones like the HD 558 and HD 598. To avoid this choose 'outside of Europe' and the EU volume cap will not be applied, if you already have set your region to be in Europe or you weren't prompted when turning on the I9 for the first time then you must delete the 'PARAM.CFG' file locate in the system folder of the I9 which will allow the I9 to prompt you on what region you want to choose. Please follow these steps:

Note: during this process you will lose any custom made EQ settings and screen brightness settings but these can be set up again and it's advised to make a note of any custom EQ settings you made before doing this procedure.

1) Set the I9 to MSC mode, this done by turning on the I9, go to 'Settings' select 'System Folder' and scroll down to 'USB Mode' and change it to MSC.

2) Plug in the I9 into your PC and backup all your music, movies and any other media.

3) Via your PC go to the 'System folder' in the I9 and delete the 'PARAM.CFG file'.

4) Turn on the I9 again and select 'outside of Europe', choose what ever language, FM region you wish and restore all your media files.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2013 10:32 PM BST

Fabulous Disaster
Fabulous Disaster
Offered by rbmbooks
Price: 27.31

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME ALBUM, 25 Jun 2001
This review is from: Fabulous Disaster (Audio CD)
For those who were disappointed with Pleasures of the Flesh this is your cure, this is probably one of the best thrash metal recordings ever, I place this next to Metallica's Master of puppets, Testament's Practice what you preach, Suicidal Tendencies' Lights...Camera...Revolution and Megadeth's So Far...So Good...So What. Exodus sound, harder, meaner and more dangerous in this album then they ever have in their previous albums. Steve "Zetro" Suoza has became something of a thrash Bon Scott, and on track 10 they do an excellent cover of the AC/DC classic "overdose". I don't want to say anymore about this album, because from my point of view every song is a classic and you should go and get this album now and judge for yourself. If you are a die hard thrasher you won't be disappointed.

Dust for Life
Dust for Life
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 10.91

4.0 out of 5 stars A great CD, from a great band, 25 Jun 2001
This review is from: Dust for Life (Audio CD)
I stumbled upon this CD by accident after seeing an advertisement for this band on a US rock and metal magazine, I checked out their sight, listened to the samples and fell in love with them straight away and then purchased their album straight away. They are on the same label (wind up records) that introduced the likes of Creed, American Pearl and Finger Eleven. They have a similar sound to Seattle rockers Alice in chains vocal wise but they have their own identity with great melodies and song writing.....I highly recommend this album, it's a shame that Dust for Life is not well known in the UK and give this album a four, since there is no such thing as a perfect album. GO OUT AND GET IT!!!!!!!!