Profile for caspianella > Reviews

Hitler's Angel
by William Osborne
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars great adventure story, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Hitler's Angel (Paperback)
getting my son to read anything is a challenge, but this book certainly got him going, even found him with the light on under the duvet. Only discovered him because of the burning feathers. He is 11 years old and loved it.

Bird Brain
Bird Brain
by Guy Kennaway
Price: 12.13

5.0 out of 5 stars The best laugh out loud book so good had to read it twice, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: Bird Brain (Hardcover)
I love this book. As I started reading I wasn't quite sure what it was or where it was heading but it doesn't take long, just a few pages before the protagonist is dead. We then discover a whole bunch of unusual, well drawn and charismatic characters that take you on a journey that you most certainly have never been on before. It is so hard to review this book because the joy was in the discovery of what unfolds on the page, to mention it in too much detail is to deprive you of something special.
I am a terrible reader, a few pages and i'm off, but this book - I started and I finished in one sitting. I laughed out loud, each giggle more and more personal and heartfelt. A different world from mine and yet I fell under the skin of the characters and the world. I Love Love this book and if I could, would hand out free copies to all grey grumpy looking people especially rich ones with big estates who have no idea what is happening at the bottom of their gardens.