Profile for Dr. I. A. Dunn > Reviews

Content by Dr. I. A. Dunn

Dr. I. A. Dunn (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Limon Y Sal
Limon Y Sal
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Limon Y Sal (Audio CD)
Limon Y Sal was used by Adela [ our teacher ] as a listening exercise so I bought the album and whilst I am still trying to cope with the words the overall sound effect is very pleasing and I have listened to it several times . Always a good sign .

MTV Unplugged [Us Import]
MTV Unplugged [Us Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Godd follow up to Limon Y Sal, 21 July 2014
Who knew that trying to learn a language to get so complicated . Limon Y Sal was used by Adela [ our teacher ] as a listening exercise so I bought the album and whilst I am still trying to cope with the words the overall sound effect is very pleasing result I bought this album too and have not bee disappointed . Love the Sousaphone [ hope that's what it is :-) ]

Tubular Bells [2009 Remaster]
Tubular Bells [2009 Remaster]

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a classic, 21 July 2014
So long since I listening to the original [ I think I have the vinyl somewhere ] I had forgotten what it sounded like . Still works for me and indeed for my 85 year old Mum for whom I bought it !

The Art of War
The Art of War
by Niccolo Machiavelli

5.0 out of 5 stars One of those key books, 21 July 2014
This review is from: The Art of War (Paperback)
Had to buy this because of a Great Course Lecture Series and this together with some of his other works have made me feel the wiser . A bit dry and occasionally hard going but given the influence of its author I feel the effort has been rewarding .

The Cambridge History of the Romance Languages: Volume 1, Structures
The Cambridge History of the Romance Languages: Volume 1, Structures
by Martin Maiden

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the fainted hearted or hard of linguistics but promising, 21 July 2014
Or at least I think I will . I have had to buy an introduction to linguistics which I will need to read but hey ho those Winter evenings can be long ! It certainly looks and feels like a very serious book and for now I am proud to have it on my shelf !

Britain's Dragonflies: A Field Guide to the Damselflies and Dragonflies of Britain and Ireland (Third Edition) (Britain's Wildlife)
by Andy Swash

5.0 out of 5 stars Strongly recommended, 21 July 2014
This is the third edition of this text and yes I have all three . This a major work over and the quality of this book and the Wild Guides in general just gets better .

Aula Internacional - Nueva Edicion: Libro Del Alumno + Ejercicios + CD 2 (A2)
Aula Internacional - Nueva Edicion: Libro Del Alumno + Ejercicios + CD 2 (A2)
by Jaime Corpas Viñals

5.0 out of 5 stars A good next step, 21 July 2014
This will be the course book for year two of my experiment in learning español . Aula International 1 was well presented and sufficiently challenging to more that keep me interested [ with the able support of teacher Adela and classmates ! ] . The sound
tracks are useful as are the videos that can be found on line .

Shadow of Freedom (Signed & Limited Edition) (Honorverse)
Shadow of Freedom (Signed & Limited Edition) (Honorverse)
by David Weber

5.0 out of 5 stars From where we started I could never have predicted where we are !, 11 May 2013
The expanse of the Honorverse gets bigger and better . This satisfied my need for a short while but I need to know what is happening back at the barn or is it now barns . I'mready for the next one now .

Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli
Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely lovely, 11 May 2013
Skill , and excellent mix of sounds all to be heard . Very pleasing musically . I did once hear the good Mr Grappelli live and remember him very fondly . I am glad I added this to the collection .

The Definitive Collection
The Definitive Collection
Offered by A2Z Entertains

4.0 out of 5 stars Of its time, 11 May 2013
This band passed me by at its time but an excellent electrician who was working for us recently mentioned the name and I looked them up . Having been a fan of Yes [ and Gryphon which was described as the mediaeval Yes by the Radio Times , I suspect in 1973 ] I had to listen to this line up . Words have never been that important to me so I was little disappointed that there wasn't more instrumental but the sound washed round me in a very pleasing way .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3