Profile for Gemma > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Heidi
Heidi

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant read, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Heidi (Kindle Edition)
I have read this book as an adult. I didn't read it as a child and I wanted to learn about the story of Heidi. It has been enjoyable to read. The descriptions of the flowers in the mountains captured my imagination. The story has a good moral theme to it which at times is connected to a strong link with religion (God). I am pleased to have discovered the story of Heidi.

A Little Princess; being the whole story of Sara Crewe now told for the first time

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely storyline, 26 Dec 2013
I have almost finished reading this on my Kindle. It's very pleasant to read and it's definitely one of the best fictional books I've read (I'm 31 years old). It's about a little girl who goes to stay at a boarding school but life for her gets harder after she loses her princess status. It's lovely that she manages to not display any of her hurt and disappointment and for this reason it's rather inspiring. Some of the words are old fashioned and very rarely used now, so I have had to look up the meaning of several words. I have not yet got to the ending, so I'm hoping the ending is as well written as the rest of the book.

Jelly Splash
Jelly Splash

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best game I've ever had on my Kindle!, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jelly Splash (App)
This is so addictive. There is a strategy to the game which makes it interesting. There's enough variety to keep it interesting. The colours and sound is nice. I imagine it mainly suits older children and adults. It gets progressively more difficult. I like the jelly blocks that remove the entire row of jelly, so it's always exciting using these. Some of the levels are quite frustrating if it takes a few attempts to complete it, but this just adds to it being fun!

The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Secret Garden (Kindle Edition)
A lovely story for older children (and adults) filled with hope and happiness. It promotes your imagination and encourages you to read on. It reminded me of childhood play times with friends.

NEW iPHONE4 4G 4S Cath kidston HARD BACK CASE COVER
NEW iPHONE4 4G 4S Cath kidston HARD BACK CASE COVER

5.0 out of 5 stars My friend loved receiving this as a gift., 14 Oct 2013
This phone cover is really nice to look at. The colours are good and the design is attractive. It fits well to my friend's Iphone 4.
She's a big Cath Kidston fan and I could tell she was genuinly chuffed with receiving this from me.

Ila Pebble Personal Alarm Key Ring Black
Ila Pebble Personal Alarm Key Ring Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and discrete, 14 Oct 2013
I'm very happy with this product. It looks smart and it is smaller than I was expecting - meaning it's more discrete. Also, it doesn't necessarily look like an attack alarm. The sound is very loud and I reckon the level of sound would be effective if ever required to use it for real. If you attach a small caribena clip to it you can easily attach it to your belt or somewhere on your person.

101-in-1 Games HD
101-in-1 Games HD

5.0 out of 5 stars variety of addictive fun, 3 May 2013
This review is from: 101-in-1 Games HD (App)
A nice collection of short games. Worth downloading. The games are really different to each other. A few of them have really grabbed my attention.

0 to 9 Number Chips by Voila
0 to 9 Number Chips by Voila

4.0 out of 5 stars A well made puzzle., 3 April 2013
This review is from: 0 to 9 Number Chips by Voila (Toy)
I bought this puzzle for an adult with profound learning disabilities who loves doing puzzles. He has managed to break one of the pieces, but he is a strong adult man with challenging behaviour. Overall, the wooden pieces are well made, strong and unbreakable by a child. He has thoroughly enjoyed doing this puzzle many times. It's good that each number only fits with the corresponding picture of objects. The colours of the paint on the pieces are nice.

Creative Toys Caterpillar Alphabet Pussel
Creative Toys Caterpillar Alphabet Pussel
Offered by Spotty Green Frog

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely looking caterpillar., 3 April 2013
I bought this puzzle for an adult with profound learning disabilities who loves doing puzzles. The colours are nice and the pieces seem well made and well painted. It would have been nice though to have the caterpillar in a box with a wooden lid, as the tray it comes on (in a cardboard box) is only really effective to display it rather than to store it. I guess it may be easy enough to find your own box or tin for it though.

Man In Motion - from St. Elmo's Fire
Man In Motion - from St. Elmo's Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite songs of all time!, 3 April 2013
This is the kind of song I could happily listen to over and over again! I find it really catchy and good to sing along to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3