Profile for B. Lengden > Reviews

Content by B. Lengden

B. Lengden "leonie47" (Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Kipling Women's Uzario Wallet K15027C40 Dazz Dark Beige
Kipling Women's Uzario Wallet K15027C40 Dazz Dark Beige

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, practical wallet., 4 Aug. 2015
This is more like it!
I got the Kipling Brownie before, and honestly I couldn't get on with it. It's impossible to access the cards section - which I typically do at an outdoor ATM, or supermarket check-out - without leaving what I regard as the coins section behind it, flapping open. After various embarrassing accidents involving struggling to retrieve my money or coupons from all about, I realised there was nothing for it but to buy another wallet - infuriating, as Kipling pieces are not cheap. OK so I may be an ill-coordinated clumsy clot, but I shouldn't have to be a paragon of dexterity to use a purse/wallet, surely?
This Uzario is SO much better. The 'purse' area is completely separate from the wallet, each having a good, stout zip with a large, easy to grasp pull. There are plenty of card slots, with nice big slip-spaces behind for notes on both sides. It's really good-looking, too. Best of all, so long as I don't do something unconscionably stupid, I will not end up chasing the contents of my purse, in the process of trying to use an ATM or pay for my purchases.
Sometimes you do have to use an item, in order to test its practicality. I've done so - and taken the trouble to report - so that you don't have to!

The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla: The Wolves of Calla
The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla: The Wolves of Calla

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful part of the Dark Tower saga., 4 Aug. 2015
An essential part of King's meisterwerk, full of resonance and excellent character development. That's all that needs to be said, really.

The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass: The Wizard and Glass
The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass: The Wizard and Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better in Kindle., 26 July 2015
I concur with others who have identified this as the 'best' of the series, although imo, all are vital parts of the whole.
All I wish to add to other reviews I've read, is a word concerning the Kindle editions vs. print. Having owned the full set in print for many-a, I argued with myself, after re-reading The Gunslinger in the revised Kindle edn, as to whether I needed to re-purchase them all as e-books. But when starting on my print edition of each book, especially this one, which even though not in hardback, is huge, I soon remembered why I so love my Kindle Paperwhite. Big print tomes are unwieldy, scarcely portable, and worst of all, need a good light and the firm grip of two hands, when lying in bed. After the second or third time I tried to turn a paper page by tapping the right-hand margin, I gave in and bought the Kindle one.

Elegant Women Bandanas Lace Headwrap Headband Girls' Hair Accessory Gift (Gray)
Elegant Women Bandanas Lace Headwrap Headband Girls' Hair Accessory Gift (Gray)
Offered by highqualityforyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, nice item., 7 July 2015
Am wearing it now; it's a good fit on my quite large head - neither too slack to do its job of holding my long hair back off my face, nor uncomfortably tight. It's exactly as shown and described - just what I wanted, so I'm very pleased, and happy to recommend.
Incidentally I received it only 10 days after placing the order, which from China is pretty good going. Potential buyers should bear in mind that it can take up to a month.

Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger: The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower Book 1)
Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger: The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Tower: worth living for., 5 July 2015
250 others having already submitted reviews, I'm sure there's nothing I can add; it forms the introductory jumping-off point of the series, and as such is short both in length, and maybe on real excitement by comparison to others. It does contain one of King's most compelling, resonant lines: 'Go then - there are other worlds than these.' And of course, the iconic opening sentence.
I have long owned all the series in illustrated print editions (the first 4 paperbacks; whopping hardbacks of the others). For whatever strange psychological reason, I want neither to read print books any more, nor to get rid of my beloved ones. Hence I have felt compelled to buy the Kindle editions of this, King's meisterwerk, and read it yet again. They don't have the illustrations, but perhaps they're the better for that - why pin down the reader's imagination to that of an artist? Obviously I've seen the pics and can't now un-see them, but if there are new readers who haven't, so much the better for them.
That's all I have to say, really....

Oudh Al Misk Perfume Spray (Agarwood) - 100 ml
Oudh Al Misk Perfume Spray (Agarwood) - 100 ml
Offered by al-aneeq

5.0 out of 5 stars Posh perfume at a budget price., 29 Jun. 2015
Perfume, of course, is a matter of personal taste, and buying without testing/smelling it is always taking a chance. But this one is very good value and while you are hardly risking a king's ransom, it doesn't shout 'cheap scent' either. It does, as described, shout citrus, and speak patchouli in a more moderate tone, which makes it fine for daytime use - not too heavy/heady. Don't worry about it drying your skin - it's quite oily (a good thing, as it shows it does contain 'proper' perfume oils). The presentation is classy too.
I like it, and would recommend.

OXO Good Grips 9 inch Locking Tongs with Silicone Heads
OXO Good Grips 9 inch Locking Tongs with Silicone Heads

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tongs., 29 Jun. 2015
There are cheaper silicone tongs available, but these are worth paying more for. Looking at reviews of others, I saw that most are poor at gripping thin items such as bacon; these work well for that, and everything else required of them. They are exactly as described: sturdy and non-bendy, comfortable and easy in use, and lock closed for storage in one simple movement. I recommend them without hesitation.

18 lilac pearl pins hat/corsage/millinery wedding
18 lilac pearl pins hat/corsage/millinery wedding
Offered by floralsupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive and functional hat pins., 26 Jun. 2015
Probably more hat pins than I'm going to need, but hey if the number supplied were less and the price commensurately lower, it wouldn't be worth the seller's sending it, so that's fine. Very attractive pins which will go great with any of my hats, and @ approx. 12p each pin, super value too. Highly recommended!

The Hat Co Summer Fashion Bakerboy 13118 (Stone)
The Hat Co Summer Fashion Bakerboy 13118 (Stone)
Offered by The Hat Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault this hat., 26 Jun. 2015
Really nice summer hat, great value for the money, fits me fine. It's exactly as shown, so nothing not to like. Would suit any age and most occasions imo. Highly recommended!

Pia Rossini 'Kelsey' cord Baker boy hat (Purple)
Pia Rossini 'Kelsey' cord Baker boy hat (Purple)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, excellent value hat., 20 Jun. 2015
Nice hat, exactly as shown - could happily be worn casually or with a smart outfit, in my opinion. Good value/quality for the money, even with the p&p charge - which in view of the speedy service is quite reasonable. I was afraid the hat, made as it is of rigid material, would be a tight fit, but it isn't - I may even need a hat pin on a windy day! Otherwise it will be fine, very comfortable. Maybe heads, and hence hats, are getting bigger these days - I used to struggle to find hats which I could get on, but not nowadays.
Anyway I really like this hat and would recommend it to anybody of any age, except possibly somebody with a very small head.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17