Profile for B. Lengden > Reviews

Content by B. Lengden

B. Lengden "leonie47" (Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Very Large Traditional Classic Rug in Red 220 x 320 cm (7'3" x 10'6") Carpet
Very Large Traditional Classic Rug in Red 220 x 320 cm (7'3" x 10'6") Carpet
Offered by Lord of Rugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, classic rug., 27 May 2016
Looks great - has totally transformed the room. Very good quality for the money in my opinion; classy-looking. We're really pleased.

Update, a couple of weeks later: in fact we like it so much, we've ordered another, identical rug from the same seller - Rugsite - for a different room. Excellent product.

JFK - An American Coup: The Truth Behind the Kennedy Assassination
JFK - An American Coup: The Truth Behind the Kennedy Assassination

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly convincing expose., 14 May 2016
Wowser! Here it all is, researched, referenced and spelled out: what many people, including me, surmised from day one - and then some. It would be easy to say, 'What a different America, and world, it would have been, had JFK lived,' but that was never going to be allowed to happen. Dealey Plaza was already at least the third attempt to murder him, and if it hadn't succeeded, there would undoubtedly have been more.
This book is impactful, highly readable, and essential reading for anybody who cares about the subject. Get it, read it, and weep.

Harbour Housewares Folding Computer, Laptop Wooden Desk Black Frame / Wood Effect Top
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, good-value desk/table., 13 May 2016
Works well with these recliner chair/footstools https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017D9DHKA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , which have a seat somewhat higher than most. So now I can sit in the living room on a comfortable chair with my feet up and use my laptop - including the mouse I have to use because the touchpad doesn't work. Great!

Flaxseed Oil 1000mg (OMEGA 3,6 & 9) 360 capsules
Flaxseed Oil 1000mg (OMEGA 3,6 & 9) 360 capsules
Offered by Transforme

4.0 out of 5 stars Good non-vegetarian product., 13 May 2016
I bought these by mistake, thinking they were the vegetarian/vegan ones I've had before. However, my husband is not a veggie and when I told him that this stuff is supposed to help stave off dementia, he accepted them. Time will tell whether they work, lol; but the capsules are easy to swallow and, so far at least, completely non-sticky, so, fine.

Arendelle - Fabric Swivel Recliner Chair And Foot Stool - Multiple Colour Options (Chocolate / Cherry base)
Offered by OakCity-Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, good-looking chairs., 13 May 2016
So far, so good. I ordered two of these - Mink and Chocolate. The Chocolate one had no instructions in the box, which would have been a disaster as you need to carry out the assembly procedure in the correct order, and it's not obvious. However, there were instructions in the Mink box, so the day was saved. My husband managed the assembly with no assistance from me, which is how he likes it, as he reckons I just get in the way and put him off - which unless something is truly impossible to do single-handedly, is probably true.
Anyway the assembled chairs look great and are very comfortable. The higher-than-some seat height is ideal for me as I spend most of my time using a laptop on a table (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01D0BSP0M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) intended for that purpose, and most living-room chairs are made far too low for desks and office tables, for whatever strange reason.
I'm just hoping that the chairs wear well. I came up in a day and age when people expected their furniture to last for a good few years, which seems not to be the case nowadays, more's the pity. Watch this space...

The Bone Clocks
The Bone Clocks

5.0 out of 5 stars New favourite author., 8 May 2016
This review is from: The Bone Clocks (Kindle Edition)
Excellent, original story, very well written, great characters, convincing viewpoint narrators of various ages and sexes. Can't fault it - will be buying more David Mitchell.

Ladies Fleece Hooded Zipped Lounger Dressing Gown. Pink Star Print, Grey Animal Print or Brown Animal Print. Sizes 8-10 12-14 16-18 20-22 (8-10, BROWN ANIMAL)
Offered by STORE LINES

4.0 out of 5 stars The colour and pattern are nice, though, 8 May 2016
I got a grey animal print one before; not sure whether it was from the same seller, but in the same size (8-10), this brown one is considerably smaller. It's still just about OK on me, albeit the sleeves are very long and thin - and my arms are quite skinny, so I fear somebody a little meatier would have a problem. Also I'm not really keen on the double-ended zip - it's not necessary on a housecoat, imo, and makes it fiddly to do up. The colour and pattern are nice, though, and the fabric very soft.

Erdtmann Finely Chopped Peanuts, 1 Kg
Erdtmann Finely Chopped Peanuts, 1 Kg

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller pack, poor value., 8 May 2016
Well that was a waste of money! My own fault, I should have checked the weight, but it didn't occur to me, as the packs look the same. I thought I was saving money, compared to what I had paid before - just over £2 cheaper - but only 1kg, as against 2.5kg! I'll know better next time won't I. Meanwhile 'my' birds will have to go short.

Vitamin D 3 High Strength 5000 IU 365 Tablets Cholecalciferol UK MANUFACTURED Benefits Immune System, Helps Strengthen Bones and Teeth - SMALL 6MM TABLETS not Softgels or Capsules - Good Source of Vit D - Best D3 supplement - 100 % Vegetarian Dairy and Gluten Free
Offered by No.1 Supplements Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a happy customer., 4 May 2016
It's always a strange thing, reviewing vitamin/nutritional supplements, as I don't have the means to analyse them, I don't/didn't have an apparent illness to be 'cured', and therefore have to take it on trust that the product contains what is claimed.
What I can say is that the seller uses the excellent Amazon Prime delivery service to which I subscribe, the product is as described, and I am therefore completely satisfied.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2016 1:51 PM BST

croci Bird Sand, 5 kg
croci Bird Sand, 5 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars OK sand in a convenient quantity., 1 May 2016
This review is from: croci Bird Sand, 5 kg (Misc.)
It's sand, what can I say? I've had better - this is a bit gritty generally, rather than being 'quality' fine sand with added crushed oyster shell - but it's good value and best of all, available in a practical size pack without a high p&p charge ('free' Prime delivery when bought as an add-on item). I don't want a 10 kilo sack as I now have only one aged lovebird, and handling and storage would be problematic, too.
So thanks, Croci, I recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20