Profile for Bethy-Boop > Reviews

Content by Bethy-Boop

Bethy-Boop "BethyBoop" (Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Harold Fry <3, 20 May 2014
Congratulations to Rachel Joyce in scripting such an endearing, moving, heartbreaking character in Harold Fry.
I finished this book a few days ago & he is still on my mind. It seemed to make a lot of the other books I'd read previously seem like shallow, lukewarm tosh! Very sad, very moving & beautifully written.

Just What Kind of Mother Are You?
Just What Kind of Mother Are You?
by Paula Daly

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh!, 1 May 2014
I had high hopes after reading a top review of this in a magazine. It was boring! And very slow moving. Predictable once you get about halfway through. Maybe countless TV detective/CSI shows have conditioned us to be no longer surprised by anything & to expect just about every twist. The main problem for me was that I found the main Lisa Kallisto character so unlikeable that I found it almost impossible to empathise, sympathise or relate to her in any way! I thought she was a simpering moron, with no backbone & a real busy-body. I also find it completely unbelievable how, no matter how many times she royally screws up & betrays her family - she's magically forgiven in the blink of an eye!! Life isn't like that.

Ladies Lace Up & Zipped Snow Boots Black Size UK 6 EU 39
Ladies Lace Up & Zipped Snow Boots Black Size UK 6 EU 39
Offered by JJS DIRECT UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, 17 July 2013
I love these! I love them so much, I may even buy another pair to put into safe keeping for when I've worn my current ones out. They've seen me well through rain, snow, long walks, hikes & a very, very cold & rainy trip to Belgium. :)

Mickey Mouse Pyjamas - M for Mickey - Age 3 to 4 Years
Mickey Mouse Pyjamas - M for Mickey - Age 3 to 4 Years
Offered by Character UK

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so., 17 July 2013
The print washed off the top after the very first wash!! Very disappointing.
My son loves Mickey Mouse though & loved these, even after the print had almost come off completely. If he'd have been more bothered about the fading, I'd have given these 2 stars.

ENVY BOUTIQUE LADIES LONG SLEEVE SHRUG BOLERO PLUS SIZES ROYAL BLUE XXL
ENVY BOUTIQUE LADIES LONG SLEEVE SHRUG BOLERO PLUS SIZES ROYAL BLUE XXL
Offered by Envy Boutique Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Will definitely be buying more!, 17 July 2013
I've bought a few of these, love them, great vibrant colours, true to size, comfortable & a great cover up over any kind of outfit. I may even keep purchasing until I own every colour! :)

Hen Night Party Pink Devil Horns With Veil
Hen Night Party Pink Devil Horns With Veil
Offered by Babies Babies

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, shabby quality., 16 July 2013
I ordered what is in the picture, hot pink horns with black veil. What arrived, was lilac horns with a white veil. My best friends hen theme was hot pink & black, so I had absolutely no use for a lilac & white one, that I hadnt ordered. It was just rammed into a jiffy bag too, the headband was broken when it arrived & there were dust stains on the veil. Due to low price, I didnt even ask for refund, it went straight in the bin & I ordered a gorgeous mini hot pink 'bride to be' top hat for my friend instead, which she loved.
Don't bother with this tat.

6 Hen Party Novelty Shot Glass Necklace Fun Accessories
6 Hen Party Novelty Shot Glass Necklace Fun Accessories
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 16 July 2013
Perfect for my best friends hen do, they went down a treat! We didn't actually use them to drink out of as we figured it'd leave sticky drink residue on our frocks, but they were a laugh, looked great & were a fun keepsake for all the hens to take home.

WOMENS JERSEY SPRING COIL MAXI DRESS SIZE 8 10 12 14 16 18 (L (14-18), MOCHA)
WOMENS JERSEY SPRING COIL MAXI DRESS SIZE 8 10 12 14 16 18 (L (14-18), MOCHA)
Offered by fashion boutique

1.0 out of 5 stars Very snug fit., 16 July 2013
I'm a size 16, I ordered an 18 just to be on the safe side size-wise & put it this way, it's a perfect, beautiful fit on my size 12 friend! Says it all really. Very dissapointing.

Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Shampoo 1000 ml
Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Shampoo 1000 ml
Offered by Powderpuff Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this been all my life?!, 16 July 2013
Love it! Finally, my blonde hair is cool, clean & fresh looking, not brassy. You only need to use it occasionally, if you use it at every wash, it WILL dye your hair blue. I use it probably 2 or 3 times a month & a regular shampoo for colour treated hair the rest of the time, so it goes a long way. Worth the price tag for how long it lasts.
Wear some latex gloves whilst shampooing if you can get hold of them because it does stain hands & nails.
But it is truly a miracle product for blonde hair, particularly coloured blondes. Trust the other 5 star reviews.

The Essential Difference: Men, Women and the Extreme Male Brain
The Essential Difference: Men, Women and the Extreme Male Brain
by Simon Baron-Cohen

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 16 July 2013
Only halfway in & I'm not reading it in a block, I pick it up here & there, leafing through & jumping back & forth to sections, but so far it's proving to be an interesting & on the whole enjoyable read.

Page: 1 | 2