Profile for Bethy-Boop > Reviews

Content by Bethy-Boop

Bethy-Boop "BethyBoop" (Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer Gaming System (Green)
LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer Gaming System (Green)
Offered by Home Leisure Stores

3.0 out of 5 stars Son loves it....I loathe it!, 2 Feb. 2015
My 4 year old son loves this and plays with it regularly, so I've given it 3 stars.

A couple of things though, this console munches through batteries like nobody's business. With moderate usage, they need replacing at least once a week, sometimes twice a week if he has a play with it every day. It takes 4 AA batteries at a time too, which aren't cheap. I pale to think how much I've spent on batteries since we bought it.

He's had it for a year now and the touch screen function has decided to give up the ghost. This is disastrous as all the games require a combination of button pressing and using the touch screen, so after just one year, I'm having to repurchase this for him.

Because he loves it so much, it gets 3 stars but BEWARE: with batteries, games and the possibility of having to re-buy as I have - it's a never ending expense! It's not a toy you can buy, give to your child and never have to think or worry about again. The Leapster is waved in my face by my 4 year old, with an accompanying complaint or help request, every single day in my house and it becomes VERY tiresome. If it wasn't for the fact that he adores it, I wouldn't bother re-buying it, and it would only be getting 2 stars. Maybe even just 1 star as it truly is a pain.

Aussie Mega Conditioner 400 ml
Aussie Mega Conditioner 400 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great, nourishing every day conditioner, 23 Jan. 2015
This is a great, nourishing every day conditioner. I highlight my hair every 8 weeks with creme bleach so I need something to put some softness and suppleness back in it. I use this regularly as my conditioner in conjunction with a deep treatment masque once a week and it works a treat and smells amazing. My hair is long and the biggest improvement I've noticed since using this product is that I can get a brush through it now, with ease! I can't stop touching it, my hair has a cold feeling to no! You know how really shiny hair in top condition feels slightly cold to the touch and glossy?! I've that going on now! Lol!

The other reviewer here is unhelpful as she has left a one star rating for this product, because she was rushing and didn't actually look at what she was buying. She hasn't actually reviewed the product, just her own mistake. That one star doesn't reflect the quality of the conditioner as it really is a saviour for dry or damaged hair.

EOS Sweet Mint Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
EOS Sweet Mint Smooth Sphere Lip Balm
Offered by Deals of UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Great service. The balm however, 5 Dec. 2014
I can't fault the seller one bit. It was sent from America to the UK in less than 2 weeks, for free. Great service.

The balm however, is a disappointment. It looks cute but the balm inside is very solid. I was hoping that because it's cold weather, it might have just solidified a bit while it was being shipped but even after I warmed it up a little, it was still too hard! It's not very smooth to apply and drags on your lips. It's like taking a block of lard straight from the fridge and rubbing it on your mouth. It's not smooth and gliding when you rub your lips together. It does have a lovely smell and taste though.

Body Glide 12.8g Anti Blister Chafing Stick
Body Glide 12.8g Anti Blister Chafing Stick

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 24 Nov. 2014
Rubbish. Didn't work, in fact, it made chaffing WORSE! Went straight in the bin.

China Glaze Mahogany Magic Nail Polish 14ml
China Glaze Mahogany Magic Nail Polish 14ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Bleurgh!, 24 Nov. 2014
Far too yellow toned. It looks like poop! Seriously!

Pampers Underjams Size 7 Girl 10 Pants - Pack of 4
Pampers Underjams Size 7 Girl 10 Pants - Pack of 4

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish., 24 Nov. 2014
I usually order huggies drynites in bulk as it's much cheaper than buying one packet from the supermarket. They are brilliant but due to them being out of stock, I decided to try these instead. Straight away my 4 year old complained that these felt too tight & she was constantly pulling at them, to readjust them. That was night 1. On night 3, she wet right through them. Bed was soaked. Needless to say, our first task that day was getting to the shops to buy a pack of anything else!
This is the first time I've ever been disappointed in a pampers product. Load of rubbish. I genuinely don't get where the other good reviews are coming from. I will be sticking to huggies drynites from now on.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce

5.0 out of 5 stars Harold Fry <3, 20 May 2014
Congratulations to Rachel Joyce in scripting such an endearing, moving, heartbreaking character in Harold Fry.
I finished this book a few days ago & he is still on my mind. It seemed to make a lot of the other books I'd read previously seem like shallow, lukewarm tosh! Very sad, very moving & beautifully written.

Just What Kind of Mother Are You?
Just What Kind of Mother Are You?
by Paula Daly

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh!, 1 May 2014
I had high hopes after reading a top review of this in a magazine. It was boring! And very slow moving. Predictable once you get about halfway through. Maybe countless TV detective/CSI shows have conditioned us to be no longer surprised by anything & to expect just about every twist. The main problem for me was that I found the main Lisa Kallisto character so unlikeable that I found it almost impossible to empathise, sympathise or relate to her in any way! I thought she was a simpering moron, with no backbone & a real busy-body. I also find it completely unbelievable how, no matter how many times she royally screws up & betrays her family - she's magically forgiven in the blink of an eye!! Life isn't like that.

Ladies Lace Up & Zipped Snow Boots Black Size UK 6 EU 39
Ladies Lace Up & Zipped Snow Boots Black Size UK 6 EU 39
Offered by JJS DIRECT UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, 17 July 2013
I love these! I love them so much, I may even buy another pair to put into safe keeping for when I've worn my current ones out. They've seen me well through rain, snow, long walks, hikes & a very, very cold & rainy trip to Belgium. :)

Mickey Mouse Pyjamas - M for Mickey - Age 3 to 4 Years
Mickey Mouse Pyjamas - M for Mickey - Age 3 to 4 Years
Offered by Character UK

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so., 17 July 2013
The print washed off the top after the very first wash!! Very disappointing.
My son loves Mickey Mouse though & loved these, even after the print had almost come off completely. If he'd have been more bothered about the fading, I'd have given these 2 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3