Profile for MrBojangles > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 832

MrBojangles "bobwise" (uk)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
KINGDOMCARES Salon PTC Fast Heating Hair Straightener Brush Hair Straightening and Hair Curling Electrical Anti-Static Ceramic Comb 3 Levels Heating Anti-Scald Anti-Burns Effective and Easy Straightening Comb Hair Straighteners Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars look great - work really well, 29 Jun. 2016
After being impressed with the larger version of this straightening brush my 18 year old niece jumped at the chance to getting her mitts on these, she has GHD's, hair dryer, curler, crimper, you name it. So she was beyond thrilled when i handed her this hair straightening brush. Firstly - she loved the colour which is a silver/lilac combo.

I would say her hair is medium thickness, and only has a light wave to it, so nothing too heavy duty. The choice of heat settings is great, and the one she chose reached its temperature in around a minute (the brush has a light indicator to tell you when its ready). It is really simple and straight forward to use, and with it being a brush, it is channeling heat into your hair, rather than cooking it as its pulled through irons. Her hair looked great in just a couple of minutes, and these are perfect for her to throw into her bag when shes going on holiday, A brilliant addition to the female haircare routine.

MIU COLOR® New Version 300ml Aromatherapy Essential Oils Diffuser, Large Capacity Aroma Diffuser, 10 Hours, 7 Color LED Lights and Automatic Shut-Off, Aromatherapy Humidifier (Dark Wood Grain)
Offered by Union J Plaza

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent diffuser, 29 Jun. 2016
I have long since abandoned traditional synthetic air freshener's, after buying my first diffuser - and once you have tried one you will too! Out go the overpowering alcohol smells, and in come any blend of essential oils you choose.

And this diffuser is a beauty. the wood effect design is extremely elegant, and looks great sitting anywhere in the house. And it couldn't be any simpler to use. Just top up the diffuser with water using the handy measuring cup provided and pop in your favourite essential oils (you can find oils to suit any mood but my personal preferences are orange oil in the day, to make you feel bright and energized... and lavender oil in the bedroom to help give you a relaxed drowsy feeling and aid a good nights sleep).

The instructions are nice and clear, and you soon get the hang of the buttons to tailor the unit to your needs of colour and strength. The colours are really relaxing and they fade in and out of each other the same way a colour changing candle. And as i use it at night time, its great knowing that it will turn itself off once the water has run out.. there is a low noise to it, but i actually find the hum of it quite soothing when im drifting off to sleep.

All in all this is a great diffuser, at a good price.. and if you use this to replace your air fresheners, scented candles, sprays and plug ins - and purchase some essential oils to put in it ( you only need a total of about 10 drops if the unit is full) then in just a few months it will pay for itself! highly recommended!!

I was sent this lovely item from the supplier for a fair, unbiased and honest review. The words are my own, and i was in no way influenced by the supplier in my rating. I would have given this diffuser 5 stars if i had paid full price for it, and i cannot rave about it enough!

KINGDOMCARES PTC Salon Anti Scald Hair Straighteners Brush Anti-Burns Hair Straightening Brush Curling Fast Heating Electrical Ceramic Hair Comb 6 Levels Anti-Static Hair Care Heating Effective and Easy Hair Straightener Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars good value, everyday hair straightener, 19 Jun. 2016
My 18 year old niece is naturally at the age where she is a complete hair fanatic, GHD's, hair dryer, curler, crimper, you name it. So she was beyond thrilled when i handed her this hair straightening brush. Firstly - she loved the colour. She is definitely a girly girl so the fact it was pink was a good start.

I would say her hair is medium thickness, and only has a light wave to it, so nothing too heavy duty. The choice of heat settings is great, and the one she chose reached its temperature in around a minute (the brush has a light indicator to tell you when its ready). It is really simple and straight forward to use, and with it being a brush, it is channeling heat into your hair, rather than cooking it as its pulled through irons. Her looked great in just a couple of minutes, and she said she was confident it would damage her hair far less than her GHD's do. Asked if she would swap her GHD straighteners for these, she said she would use these for everyday use, and use her straightening irons for nights out an occasions. i am more than confident these deserve a 5 star rating :)

i was sent this item at a discounted rate, for review. the words are my own and i was in no way influenced in my rating of this item

On My One
On My One

5.0 out of 5 stars He's just a poor boy from nottingham, who had his dreams..., 18 Jun. 2016
This review is from: On My One (Audio CD)
I love Jake's first two albums, I like his unique style and the eclectic mood to his albums, and this album is no different.
Whilst it is departure from Shang-Ri-La, there is enough of the old Jake in there to balance out the goodies for old fans and new fans alike.

It is quite remarkable for somebody of Jake's age, to try and tackle so much of the album himself from the writing, to production, to playing the instruments - he is definitely a talented guy. From the fragile and heartbreaking beauty of 'all that' to the bluesy shuffle of 'hold on you' Jake is a fantastic story teller and you cannot help but get swept up by the songs. The schizophrenic styles which should be at odds, work really well together from the aforementioned blues, to his take on Noel Gallagher's latest style of dance rock, back to country and then into good old fashioned rock..There is even a little bit of hip hop thrown in there for good measure. 'gimme the love' has a blistering groove somewhere between The Red Hot Chilli Pepper's - By The Way album and Arctic Monkeys AM album.'Put out the fire' has a bit of a deep south america kind of vibe - i can almost imagine him bursting into a verse of 'my grandma and your grandma sitting by the fire' Every song is a gem and gets better on repeated listen. And Jakes unique voice is always a pleasure for me to listen to.

It is always hard to say if a new album is the best one, as new songs always sound a little alien at first, then the freshness of them makes them seem better than anything before - and it takes awhile to settle down before it finds its place in your heart, but this is a brilliant third addition to his cannon and can truly hold up its head with his other two fantastic records.

The Very Best of Gilbert O'Sullivan - A Singer & His Songs
The Very Best of Gilbert O'Sullivan - A Singer & His Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing songs....naturally..., 15 Jun. 2016
I have to be honest, up until buying this album I had only ever heard the song alone again (naturally), which was a staple on my mums car tape on trips to the seaside when i was a child. So I really did buy this cd on impulse based on the one track. And I have to say i cannot believe what i was missing!

Of course the track alone again is fantastic and sounds just as great as it did when i was a nipper - and I'm thrilled the rest of the album has the same unique style running through it. Already the song 'nothing rhymed' sounds like an old friend, there is something about his distinctive voice which truly moves me, and whilst Gilbert is essentially before my time - I connect to it in a way that i haven't found in the music i have been listening to for a long time. The excellent 'Clair' sounds like a classic lennon/mccartney composition and is another highlight.The funky 'matrimony' and 'get down' already get me bopping around. I could go on all day about each track, and after buying the album friday and only ever hearing these songs 3 times (aside from alone again) they have already stayed with me, and i cannot shift them from my brain. I guess there are probably a few 'best of' releases kicking about, but as a new convert who has just discovered this awesome music this is the best impulse buy cd ever - unique singing, unique songwriting - give this a go :)

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Pure Power Volcano Face Wash 150ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Pure Power Volcano Face Wash 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars because i'm worth it..., 15 Jun. 2016
Even in my thirties, i still suffer with oily spot prone skin. I have tried L'Oréal Men Expert Charcoal Wash, which works really well on oil and blackheads, but it can leave your skin a little dry. However it is really good, but when i came to order another i chose to try this one as it was on offer. And the volcano wash is just a good!

It comes out bright red in appearance, and laters well into wet skin. Its worth the effort of really rubbing it into skin, you can almost feel it stripping away the dirt and oil. It has a really nice, light masculine scent and as we all know by now the anti-bacterial power of salicylic acid works really well on spot prone skin. A couple of weeks in, and it has become my new favourite face wash. 150ml is a good size too and will last ages. I cannot recommend this highly enough!

The Essential Collection
The Essential Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars This feeling inside me could never deny me the right to be wrong if I choose...., 13 Jun. 2016

Dual USB Portable Power Bank Charger 12000amh High Capacity External Battery Pack Backup Blue
Offered by ReacherEU

5.0 out of 5 stars I got the power!, 12 Jun. 2016
In a world of heavy usage smartphones, especially when you are getting to near the end of your contract and you use it for calls, text, net, photographs, and music - sometimes the charge wont last the day. We have all been out in the car, or on a seaside day trip and the phone battery has gone kaput. Well a portable power bank is a must have these days.

And this one is pretty good!. It kind of has a leatherette look about it, but it is solid plastic. It is large - about the size of a smartphone itself, and it is quite weighty, but this is not a bad thing, as you are just going to get more power from it. It is really easy to charge, and has four small blue lights on it to indicate power level which are just above the power button. The power cable is USB one side and micro USB the other which is great as you use the USB in the computer to the micro USB on the power bank... then you can simply switch the cable around to charge your phone (assuming ins a micro USB) - so this is really handy for my lumia smartphone as i can just leave the charger wire in it all the time for whether im charging my phone, or charging the device (its a nice none-tangle wire too)

There are no negatives to this little beauty, For the purpose of testing i've been using this instead of my normal charger and I have charged my phone 4 times on it and there is still power left for another charge. (the two ports also allow you to charge two devices at once). Power banks are essential in this day and age, and this is by far the best one i have tried!

I was sent this item at a discounted rate for a fair, honest and unbiased review. I was not influenced in any way, and it deserves every one of its 5 stars - I plan to by my sister one as gift as she constantly has a flat battery - highly recommended

Solar Lights Garden, 4 Packs YIHONG LED Fence Lights Wall Mount Waterproof Step Lights Wireless Auto On/Off Pathway Wall Lamp Stairway Post Lights Lighting 6 LEDs 12 Lumen
Offered by YiHong Vision

5.0 out of 5 stars a touch of class, 10 Jun. 2016
I definitely have a thing about solar lights, and the back garden is starting to look more and more like a landing strip, but these little beauties are my favourite. Most of us love our solar lights, but lets be honest most solar lights verge on being quite tacky. These look very stylish and elegant and really add a touch of class to your garden.

The lights do come with wall mounting screws, so would look good being placed either side of a door or across different fence panels etc. I have two steps leading upto a higher level of the garden so i have two lights, either side on each step and they really do look fantastic. The give off a pure white light (as opposed to warm white) and are really bright. The lattice design looks great but i would recommend you get the 4 pack instead of the single one as these look much better displayed as pairs.

I was sent these items at a discounted rate for a fair, honest and unbiased review. I was in no way influenced in what i wrote and these are great value for the price and worth every one of the 5 stars

KINGDOMCARES Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer Clear Blackheads Acne Fat Granule Hot Mist Moisturizing Cleansing Pores Personal Sauna SPA quality Skin Care Facial Atomizer Face Hydration System Sprayer Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars better skin in just a few minutes, 10 Jun. 2016
I have aways had problem skin, from being a teenager to now being in my late thirties, i still suffer with spot breakouts and blackheads and although through trial and error i have managed to limit my oily skin, i cannot rein those blackheads in completely. This is the main reason i was keep to try face steamer.

The box itself comes with the steamer of course, with a 3 pin plug (not always a guarantee on these kind of products) a hairband for the people with longer hair, a very clear instruction booklet and a waranty card. And i have to say im impressed with the steamer itself, a really good quality build and modern design.

It is really easy to fill and it takes around a minute for the water to heat and the steam to begin. I hadn't used anything like this before so i wasn't really sure what to expect but i loved it. You can literally feel the moisture penetrating your skin, and it just feels like you are sweating out all the crap in your pores,The steam lasts for roughly about 10 minutes and It is important to cleanse using this so get rid of any of the dirt/blackheads that the steam has pulled from your pores, then to moisturize to lock in all of that hydration. And i can promise you, your skin will look fantastic afterwards. After just 2 uses i can already see the difference and i cannot imagine being without this product now. Worth every star

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15