Profile for Ben > Reviews

Ben

Desire Paths
Desire Paths

5.0 out of 5 stars BooYaa, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Desire Paths (MP3 Download)
This is my first album from Technimatic and I'm liking it. Smooth, deep, riding beats with classy vocal and instrumental samples, my cup of tea. If you're feeling this then also see: Logistics, Keeno, Hybrid Minds, Etherwood, Fred V & Grafix.

Hospitality Drum & Bass 2013 [Explicit]
Hospitality Drum & Bass 2013 [Explicit]

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak, 1 Sept. 2013
If you are looking for some new producers or a solid little DnB compilation and think, "I haven't bought a Hospital compilation for a while, I'll give this a go", please STOP. If this is the best of Hospital Records for 2013 then it must have been a poor year, either that or Tony Colman has banged his head, because these tracks are all shallow and insulting to anyone with an interest in quality DnB, and they seem to have been made with the same sample pallet. Im not knocking the artists... High Contrast's 'Agony & Ecstasy' album (from which this this compilation chose the weakest song) is a superb piece of work. Please avoid this disgraceful album and pick up something from: Nu:Logic, Logistics, High Contrast, Shapeshifter NZ or if it's a compilation you're after then check out Fokuz:50....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2013 7:40 PM GMT

Brother QL-570, QL570
Brother QL-570, QL570
Offered by Buyur

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 25 Jun. 2013
I run a small food delivery business and have been looking for a modest label printer. I found it. This little machine is great. The software, although requiring a download for Mac, works a treat and makes for easy editing/ adding text and image (black and white). I'm happy with the look of them and the adhesive quality of the label is better than most address label sheets i've used.
For the money this is worth every penny and I would recommend this printer for most applications that require labels up to 6.2cm wide and in black and white.

Mdr-V6 Lightweight Stereo Headphones - Sony
Mdr-V6 Lightweight Stereo Headphones - Sony

5.0 out of 5 stars The write match of quality and price, 9 May 2013
I have had these headphones for around 2 months now and I am very happy with them. I was looking for quite a while to find a set of over ear cans that could be used at home with my pad and desktop to watch movies, general surfing and listening to music. I needed something with reasonable range of frequency for my music and something that was going to be comfortable for longer periods.

Sound - Many over ear headphones are either overly bassy with zero mid and treble clarity or tinny as crap, regardless of their price, but the V6 has lovely sold bottom end that will satisfy D'n'B and Hip Hop fans, as well as clear and precise mid and top end sound that will give detail to instruments and vocals. The Sennheiser HD419 (similar price) are not a patch on these and for the price of the V6 I challenge anyone to find better. I might even go as far as saying that these wipe the floor with most of the Beats range.

Comfort - When I first handled them they felt a bit delicate but I have now come to realise that their lightweight design is robust enough for most situations, it's not as if you would be running or mountain biking with them. The are very light and fit my normal shaped head very well. I once owned the Sony MDR 'on ear' DJ style headphones and they were heavy and never sat right but these are a different story. They are snug but without causing a seizure and the cushions are super soft and not too sweaty after 3 or 4 hours.

More - The coiled wire is what you would expect for studio style cans (a little heavy but more than enough length). Im not an outdoor, over ear headphone kind of guy but I love the classic look of them and will have no issue rockin them in the airport. I'm not too keen on the 'for digital' sticker and may remove it soon but it's not an issue. I would also have liked to see the thin wire running to each phone built into the headset but again I don't loose sleep over it.

I have had many sets of good headphones and many sets of poor headphones all varying wildly in price over the years, and I am happy to recommend these quality sounding, classicly looking and professionally comfortable headphones.

DURAGADGET CARBON Effect "Dura_Gel" Back Cover For Apple iPad 2 - Works With Genuine Apple iPad 2 Smart Cover
Offered by Direct eTail

3.0 out of 5 stars Far from perfect, 9 July 2011
The material is very durable and the 'carbon effect' pattern gives a great look. The fit is very snug, except for the hole around the camera which is far from spherical, but the thing that really disappointed me was the quality of the moulding. The edging of the case, particularly at the corners, is misshapen with an almost melted appearance. This poor moulding doesn't effect the fit of the product but as it's forward facing it is visible at all times. This product has certainly not complimented the sleek design and smooth, flawless lines of the iPad 2. I may have been unlucky with a one off moulding error but a previous review has mentioned a similar problem. If it's protection and value for money you are looking for then this is for you. If you are looking for quality and detail then maybe look elsewhere.

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) - Apple iPad 2/3/4 (2nd / 3rd / 4th Generation, 2011 & 3 2012) - (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars You'd be crazy not to!, 7 July 2011
Excellent product.The application of the protector requires that you follow the instructions exactly and be patient, but it's worth it. The feel of the surface now has much lower friction plus reflection and glare, as well as finger marking, have been reduced by a massive amount.
Item arrived in record time.
Just buy it ;-)