Profile for W. Afzal > Reviews

Post Office
Post Office
by Charles Bukowski

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the easily offended!, 23 Nov 2009
This review is from: Post Office (Paperback)
This book is hilarious! From page one it hits the ground running, its crude, funny, to the point and a little bit tragic in places.

Buckowski's writing isnt everybody's cup of tea. He is direct way past the point of offensive. However it's original, written at a blistering pace and highly entertaining.

Enjoy!

Top Gear - Richard Hammond Uncovered: The DVD Special
Top Gear - Richard Hammond Uncovered: The DVD Special
Dvd ~ Richard Hammond
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very funny!, 23 Nov 2009
It looks like the Top Gear team have pulled out all the stops for this DVD.

Top Gear is a firm favourite in our household and I bought this for my kids as they tend to get a bit restless over Xmas when there isn't much on the box.

There are some fantastic madcap moments and as you'd expect from the TG team there are some really funny moments.

A great DVD!!! Enjoy.

Michael Sheen Presents - You're The Boss [DVD]
Michael Sheen Presents - You're The Boss [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Sheen
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars A Class Act!, 13 Nov 2009
Having enjoyed his portrayal of Brian Clough in the Damned United I was really looking forward to see what this new Michael Sheen DVD had to offer.

I sat down with the wife to watch it and unlike me she isn't too keen on football, though she is a huge fan of Mr Sheen.

He is undoubtedly a class act and his presence in this DVD lifts it head and shoulders above any of the football DVD's I've watched in the past.

There was footage here I hadn't seen before and as a die-hard fan, that really was a treat.

Sheen's `England story' is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time and there are some great moments from Rafa Benitez losing the plot to John Sitton's now infamous changing room rant.

Overall, I found this DVD to be entertaining, informative and highly original.

Sheen is brilliant and if you're a fan of football or not, I think there is enough here to make it well worth a watch.