Profile for Sue Fox > Reviews

New Sexy Men's Comfort Underwear Shorts Briefs Low Brief Rise Hot size M L XL
New Sexy Men's Comfort Underwear Shorts Briefs Low Brief Rise Hot size M L XL
Offered by LG Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars They`re stretchy and feel divine., 28 Aug 2014
After buying these briefs for a male `friend`, I spent an extremely pleasant hour earlier this afternoon helping him `test` them and bearing in mind that both genders may be reading this, I`ll try and choose my words carefully to cover as much information as I can although the test was so `successful` that it`s possible these five little paragraphs (not including this one) may be censored by the powers that be.

So there you have it then ... They pretty much stretch to whatever shape and size the man happens to be although I`d certainly recommend to get a larger size than you think you`ll need as they do come up a bit on the small size ... unlike my male `friend` (snigger). As they were coming from China, I was expecting they`d be small sized and I`m so glad I calculated upwards.

As an example, the XL that I received measures 30" (76cm) around the waist unstretched up to 52" (132cm) fully stretched and hug the contours and rippling muscles like a second skin especially when the skin is moist from sweat due to working out or exercising hard or perhaps ... (get a grip of yourself Sue).

The user commented that the waistband feels smoth and firm without cutting in whilst I`m commenting on the main fabric which is a very thin nylon but with a kind of silky smooth touch to it especially when it`s stretched (don`t worry, I think I`m in control) and apparently feels so lightweight and comfortable that you could forget that you`ve got them on which was also tested, purely as a comparison you understand. Delivery was fast considering they came from China and as a special request, I`ll be ordering another couple of pairs in different colours also to be `tested` at a mutually convenient future occasion (I`ve been promised). :-)

Black & Decker GD300 30 cm Lawnraker
Black & Decker GD300 30 cm Lawnraker

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent machine except for the collection box, 10 Jun 2014
The `Lawnraker` parts arrived in a box and it was easily put together to make it look something like the picture (I did have a couple of bits left over but that`s quite normal for me). I found the assembled machine to be surprisingly lightweight although there`s not much to it really so I shouldn`t have expected anything more.

As with any electrical gadget, you just have to try it out in the living room first regardless of where it`s actually going to be used and after plugging it in and turning it on, I pressed the usual `button and trigger` combo and it sprang into life. When I say `sprang`, it was more of a rattle and clatter as the rotating bar flung the vicious little metal tines round sending the poor cat into a haphazard frenzy of jumping and climbing over a variety of furniture items until sanctuary was found under the sun lounger in the garden.

As always, I didn`t read about it first as the excitement was too great and as I later found out the setting was at maximum rake (number 3 of 3), I quickly realised to my horror that the innocent looking tines had taken a number of tidy grooves out of my carpet and after panicking to turn the thing off and grab a large glass of wine (any excuse), I knew that the years of moss build-up in the lawn would be no match for this little devil and I wasn`t wrong.

I rearranged the furniture in an attempt to cover up the damage and actually quite liked the look of a rug slightly off-square in the doorway (although the other half wasn`t amused when the truth came out) but back to more important matters, the lawn. Now knowingly on it`s maximum rake depth, I turned it on again and the machine skipped across the top of the lawn in a half hearted escape effort but as it was so lightweight, I stood my ground and pulled it sort of backwards and downwards which then caused the tines to dig into the lawn/moss/thatch build-up and spew a huge load of debris into the awaiting grass box and it`d only done about a metre !

Luckily I had the foresight to have my wheelie-bin handy and after emptying the grass box into it, I refitted it back on the rake and resumed work .... Yep, you`ve guessed it - another metre and the grass box was full again and another metre - empty it - and another - and another .. you get the idea. Technically I`m not sure how the design could be improved but the grass box is so small that I was walking between rake and bin so many times, I genuinely lost count and that was the smallest of five grassy areas that need it doing so when I finally finished that one, I rewarded myself with (another) glass of wine and after that, I really couldn`t be bothered to carry on so I packed the rake away and consoled the cat who by that time, was watching me from the garage roof and giggling at me.

Quick conclusion: Even though it`s got a slightly flimsy feel to it, the rake does exactly what it supposed to do and does it well but the size of the collection box really lets it down although I`m not sure how they could improve it sensibly. Purely for the collection box size, I`m giving it 4 stars but if they allowed me to give 4.5, I`d do that as the machine itself really does do the job.

Just a final comment you should be aware of - If you use the rake on maximum depth rake, your lawn will be brown as it pretty much strips away the top inch or so but if your lawn is made up of mostly moss, as in my case, then you won`t be too worried as you`ll know you`re getting rid of the nasty stuff and allowing the grass to re-establish itself even though it will take a little while and if you strip too much away, then you can always reseed in areas of emptiness.

Pack of 2 Microwave Oven Lamps
Pack of 2 Microwave Oven Lamps
Offered by The One Stop Sat Shop ®

5.0 out of 5 stars Microwave tamer brings new light to food !, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Pack of 2 Microwave Oven Lamps
For as long as I can remember (at least a few years), my Hinari Lifestyle MX120B TC microwave has been without a light as no-one in the household was brave enough to take the cover off to get to the bulb for fear of ... well, we didn`t know ... maybe we`d all turn into hamsters or start to grow pineapples from our ears ...

Anyway, I was getting fed up with the mystery of the dark whilst zapping my lasagne (yum) and after a glass of wine (any excuse), I plucked up courage to sort it out and unplugged the microwave from the mains. Wow, I felt good in my victory ... (oops, sorry, a touch of premature celebration). So the electrically dead machine was carefully carried to the kitchen table for further examination and a quick search revelaed just 4 cross-head screws on the back held the cover in place so with my trusty screwdriver in hand, I undid them and removed the 3 sided cover which exposed all sorts of wires and connections inside.

I mentioned my exact model because the position and mounting of the light bulb may be different on others and therefore can only report on the one that I`ve done.

Without touching or moving anything, a visual scan of the inside found the bulb and integral holder (one piece design as shown in the pic) near the back and held in place by a single cross-head screw even though the old and bulbs have two holes which makes me think it`s probably a universal fitting across various manufacturers but don`t hold me to it (see previous disclaimer paragraph).

The 2 electrical spade connectors were taken off and the bulb removed and after a quick Google search found a bewildering array of bulbs shapes with and without their respective holders, I caught sight of the golden name of Amazon with a link to a T170 which is the same type that`s on the old holder and clicked on it.

The rest, as I`m sure you`ve guessed, is history and after a quick delivery, I received 2 bulbs (that`s a single pack) and as most manuals will tell you ... `reassembly is the reversal of the removal procedure` and on this ocassion, it is.

****************************************

Warning: I`ve since found out that you have to be careful when opening a microwave even if it`s unplugged as it has capacitors that hold a charge and if you happen to short it out, it can do you damage so for heaven sake, take care and if you`re not sure, it might be worth the small fee to call a sparky out and let him at least take the back off for you.

10 x Long Life Eco Halogen Candle Light Bulbs 28W = 40 Watt BC B22 DIMMABLE Energy Saving Bulb Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Rangemaster cooker hood replacement !, 23 Feb 2014
Rather than spend almost £30.00 on a single genuine bulb, I bought this pack of 10 for just over half that price with the added value of having another 9 ready for whatever I choose to do with them.

I don`t often use the modern slang that youngsters use nowadays but ... If you need a bulb or two for a Rangemaster hood, this has to be a no-brainer !

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak and yuk tasting stuff., 23 Feb 2014
Maybe I`m biased as I gave up smoking a few months ago and I`m still finding it tough to come to terms with but of the various e-liquids I`ve tried, this one has to be the most bland, cardboardy tasting one (not sure if that`s a real word).

The bottle`s easy to handle with a child-lock as most of them have and the nozzle has a very fine tip so that helps fill the e-cigarette cartridge if you use a particular type of clear-o-miser reservoir that doesn`t have much space around the neck. (I`m getting the hang of these new `e-cig` words.)

If you`re searching for the memory of your childhood with the strong & sweet strawberry tasting lovliness in the shape of the big pink disc, then look elsewhere because this certainly isn`t it.

Apple iPod Touch 2G (2nd GEN) 8GB, 16GB & 32GB, & Touch 3G (3rd GEN) 8GB Touch Screen Digitizer Kit **NEW UPDATED EASY FIT KIT** Touch screen LENS pre-fitted on a new Mid Frame Chasis Bezel with brand new home button and switch all pre-fitted + tools with instruction guide - The Complete Kit to replace your damaged/broken/faulty lens Completely and Safely - Exclusively sold by TECH-GEAR
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it supposed to do., 6 Jan 2014
As far as iPod 2G front covers go, this is a superb example of one !

Okay, I`m exaggerating a bit but if you want an iPod front screen, then you won`t do any better (or worse) than getting this and even if you`ve never changed one before, don`t be too worried ... it`s very straight forward and there are plenty of videos on the internet that`ll walk you through the whole procedure.

USB Sync Charger Data Cable for Apple iPhones and iPods (Pink)
USB Sync Charger Data Cable for Apple iPhones and iPods (Pink)
Offered by cheap4uk(From hongkong,2-3 weeks delivery)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product but a cheap price., 6 Jan 2014
For the money I paid for it, it worked as it should do but sadly after a few connections & disconnections, the iPod end of the cable just pulled apart and left a bundle of wires dangling in mid air.

As for the star rating ... for the money, it`s okay hence the three stars but if you want something that will actually last an amount of time and give good service, then pay a bit more.

Laptop Battery For SAMSUNG RV510
Laptop Battery For SAMSUNG RV510
Offered by Battery Power

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 13 Sep 2013
Nothing much more to say than what the title indicates ... it works. Okay, I`ve got to write more words for it to be accepted - I`ve done it..

simplehuman tension arm kitchen roll holder
simplehuman tension arm kitchen roll holder

4.0 out of 5 stars A good idea with a minor niggle., 3 Sep 2013
As with most Simply Human products, the roller looks very nice and goes well with the black and chrome trim in my kitchen. I couldn`t find any mention of the weight anywhere apart from saying it`s got a `weighted base` so if anyone`s interested, it`s about 1kg and is fine for keeping the roll standing upright on it`s own when you tug at a sheet with one hand. However ....

The reason for only fours stars is that, although it looks nice, is well made and works perfectly for a while, the tension bar seems to lack somewhat when you`re into the second half of the roll which I found to my dismay when I attempted to snatch a quick sheet (lucky I spelt it correctly) sending the roller into a strange spin on the worktop and ended up on the floor just in front of the cat who suddenly did a very similar pirouette to the roller and ran out into the garden shrieking something about animal cruelty.

I struggled to the end of the roll, eventually reverting back to the two-handed method and hold the roller in place with one hand and tearing off a sheet with the other and I actually looked forwards to slipping a new roll on it so I could use it in the way it supposed to be used, namely, one-handed.

In conclusion then - Yes, it looks nice and yes, it works well for a while and as it`s my first one-handed roller I don`t have anything else to compare it with. Either it`s Simply Human being over cautious and not wanting legal claims from people with trapped fingers and damaged cats (or is damaged fingers and trapped cats) or it`s an inherent flaw with the general design which will only be solved when someone sorts out some sort of variable tension adjustment unless it`s already on the market, in which case I`ll probably buy one as the concept is a good one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2014 3:02 PM BST

Gutter Pipe Leaf Wire Balloon 63-75mm
Gutter Pipe Leaf Wire Balloon 63-75mm
Offered by Wire Balloons

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it supposed to do., 15 July 2013
Sorry, but I can`t get excited about a bit of wire although it does what it supposed to do and stops leaves from blocking the downpipe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6