Profile for Sue Fox > Reviews

Mediskin Small Latex Glove Powder Free
Mediskin Small Latex Glove Powder Free
Offered by HassleFreeHc

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but ok for the money., 19 Sept. 2015
They are, indeed, small latex gloves and for protection, I`m sure they`re very suitable but the first thre of four that I tried on tore so easily that I had to devise a method of getting them on my hands in one piece.

I eventually found that blowing into them to expand them helped a little and with care and luck, I wriggled and teased my way inside them and admittedly, once in place, they felt okay but I`m not sure how far I`d trust them with anything more than light manual handling.

But for the price, they`re okay so I shouldn`t complain too much and next time I need some, I`ll probably pay a little more and hopefully receive a stronger glove.

15 x Large 6 inch x 1/4 inch Wide Rubber Elastic Bands No.69 152.4mm x 6.3mm
15 x Large 6 inch x 1/4 inch Wide Rubber Elastic Bands No.69 152.4mm x 6.3mm
Offered by First Steps

5.0 out of 5 stars Ping them at pussy !, 19 Sept. 2015
As far as 6" rubber bands go, these are the very essence of what life is about and being 1/4" wide just put the cherry on the top for me.

Okay, a slightly humerous review perhaps as I can`t really get too excited about rubber bands but they`re good and, with a handful of them to hand, they work well to repel the family cat away from the temptingly full saucer of milk left carelessly in the centre of the kitchen floor ... Mwa ha ha ha.

BLACK+DECKER Lithium Flexi Vacuum, 18 V, Dark Titanium
BLACK+DECKER Lithium Flexi Vacuum, 18 V, Dark Titanium

5.0 out of 5 stars A handy gadget., 19 Sept. 2015
Please bear in mind that I`ve only been using the cleaner for a couple of days but so far it`s been one of those novelty purchases that I reckon will always come in handy.

Weighing in at a paltry 1.5kg and less than a foot high in it`s boots, I was dubious at it`s potential but as I`ve found in the past, Black & Decker came up trumps and although it`s not going to cause a tornado in your living room, it`s powerful enough to tackle most small-scale vacuuming jobs and especially the accidental ones which we all love to laugh about.

I haven`t `tested` it in regards to how long it`ll last on a full charge but with a 1700 w motor, it sounds powerful and I`d like to think that being lithium ion, the battery should have the advantages of modern technology behind it.

Apparently this one is going to be kept in the garage/workshop for clearing up worktops and small areas so it`s very possible that I`ll be getting another one to keep in the house.

So to conclude ... A cute but useful gadget to keep handy wherever you decide to keep it.

GRDE® Latest Version CREE XM-L T6 LED Head Torch, 2000 Lumens Waterproof Zoomable Rechargeable Headlamp for Camping / Fishing / Cycling (Brown)
Offered by rebirthday

4.0 out of 5 stars A (very) bright idea., 31 Mar. 2015
This is my first venture into `headlights` as in lights for my head and has no relevance to my car !

I`ve been seeing cyclists wearing these things for ages but never considered getting one until a friend suggested it`s one of those items that`s handy to have `just in case` and ever since then, I`ve been wandering around in the back garden after dark looking at things that are more than adequately lit up by the sun that`s sometimes in the sky.

However staring at garden items during the daytime gets strange looks from the neighbours so it makes sense to go out at night with a woofing great spotlight on my head but onto more relevant matters, namely the product itself.

After charging the unit via the mains adaptor (supplied), I looked at the odd square-shaped lens that would apparently bring light into my world and pressed the ON button (d`oh). This is the same girl who would look down a hose pipe to see why there`s no water coming out ... lets hope I never hold a gun !

I couldn`t see a damn thing for a minute or two but as soon as my retinas had repaired themselves, I had a closer and much more careful look at my new toy and I can assure all you tungsten-filament based torch bearers out there that LED is the way to go. It`s bright, I mean it`s very bright and testing it that first night after dark was an experience everyone should have at least once in their life.

It`s actually quite a heavy unit and you`re very aware that you`re wearing it but as the battery pack is rear mounted for balance and once you`ve pulled the strong, elasticated strap around your head, it stays there and the fun and joy of such an illuminating experience (snigger at own joke) far outways the minor discomfort of having a heavy torch attached to the front of your head.

I would have given it five stars but one small thing let it down for me and that was the fact that the ON button is very sensitive and the slightest knock against anything will turn the light on such as putting it in a drawer or bag or indeed anywhere other than touching fresh air and although I know the batteries are rechargeable, you have to be careful when you put it down anywhere and my own solution is to hang it up on a hook.

Food Freezer Bags - 300 Bags - 23cm x 31cm
Food Freezer Bags - 300 Bags - 23cm x 31cm
Offered by Shop4allsorts Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost one star., 22 Mar. 2015
I was tempted to give this product a single star but I opted for two because they are bags, they can go into the freezer and the size is indisputable so no mis-selling claims here.

However, the quality let them down in spades (if that`s the correct use of the language) as once a bag has been unceremoniously torn away from the safety of the roll, it`s so weak and flimsy and splits, tears and rips almost by looking at it and heaven forbid you actually want to put anything inside it !

Okay, it`s a cheap product so expect just that, a cheap product and although I`m sure there`s a use for them in some soft and fluffy world, I live in the real world with sharp edged cheese and viciously awkward ham so I`d suggest to opt for a heavier weight bag or better still, have a look in the supermarket where you can fondle the roll of bags to your hearts content ... but please, do it discretely.

Bubble Gasket - Black Window Rubber Seal - R5019X - uPVC Double Glazing Window And Door Gasket Seal (12 Metre)
Offered by Home Secure

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good product once you`ve mastered the art of fitting it., 10 Feb. 2015
It works well and rejuvenates the door or window into something like a new one (apart from the scratch marks, bits of mud & dust and the scribbles).

It comes coated with silicon to aid fitting (thanks Home Secure) which, although it makes it easy to fit, also makes the seal pop out of the channel as you work your way away from it (yeah, thanks Home Secure).

After a frustrating few minutes chasing my tail around the frame, I slowed down and concentrated on what I was doing as a couple of neighbours had stopped and stood on the path watching me ... well I thought they were watching me anyway.

Inch by inch, I carefully pressed the seal into the channel and eventually met myself back where I started only this time, everything stayed in place.

I did the same to the door and finally finished the job and to my delight, I had to actually press the door closed enough to squash the door seal and lock it, therefore shutting the outside world away forever ... or at least until I need to do the shopping !

It`s only just been fitted and so far, so good and only time will tell how long it`ll last before it begins to fail ...

Bubble Gasket - Rubber Door And Window Seal Gasket - Black - Sample Pack uPVC Gasket Sample Pack
Offered by Home Secure

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, 10 Feb. 2015
Such an obvious and useful idea, why don`t other people offer samples like this.

Find the end of your existing seal, pull it away an inch or so and then match the shape and size to one of the samples.

In case it helps and I`m hoping it`s been fitted correctly, the existing join on my front door was at the top of the frame & the bottom of the door.

Briggs & Stratton Yellow Foam Air Filter. Classic, Sprint & Quattro Engine
Briggs & Stratton Yellow Foam Air Filter. Classic, Sprint & Quattro Engine
Offered by GARDEN MACHINERY SPARES

5.0 out of 5 stars It works perfectly as an air filter, 18 Jan. 2015
After half an hour with a hammer and chisel, I realised I needed a screwdriver to take the air filter cover off. Once I`d done that, this filter was a direct replacement to my old oil covered one.

I particularly like the pimped up print stamp ... such class.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent price for a genuine product., 18 Jan. 2015
By taking the old cartridge out, I knew what I wanted and I bought it ... and it fits ... and it works ... and now I`m happy ... and I will be until it runs out again ... and now I`ve run out of paper ... bugger.

Dynamode SSD-RAIL 2.5 inch HDD or SDD Conversion Cradle for 3.5 inch Drive Bays
Dynamode SSD-RAIL 2.5 inch HDD or SDD Conversion Cradle for 3.5 inch Drive Bays

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant bit of plastic, 18 Jan. 2015
If you`re trying to fit a 2.5" SSD into a 3.5" drive space, then this is what you need.

It`s lightweight and plastic which, on the face of it tends to sound cheap and tacky but hidden inside a computer case, you`re not going to know and besides, being plastic, the screws self tap easily into the cradle with no fear of cross-threading (Something I`ve done way too many times) not to mention being slightly flexible so it`ll fit with no problem.

I won`t mention the exact price as it may vary but ... as I said in the first line ... if you need it, then buy it and don`t mess about reading things like this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7