Profile for Uncle Bumber > Reviews

Content by Uncle Bumber

Uncle Bumber "Zzzzzzzzz" (London UK)

Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect Sensor: Includes Kinect Adventures
Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect Sensor: Includes Kinect Adventures
Offered by Bargain Games UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Xbox 360 4GB Console with Kinect Sensor Scratched and Scuffed, 15 Jan. 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Okay we all know how wonderful the Xbox360 is and also how fun the Kinect can be and this review is supposed to be about the hardware but i feel i am compelled to tell my experience when purchasing this package from amazon , i know people are gonna moan at me but i feel you have to be aware of what happened because there is no other place on this listing to review your experience with amazon when purchasing this product.

I purchased this package when it was price matched from Play.com at £157.49 on the 9th of January 2013 thinking amazon would be the safer bet to purchase from. Using prime the package arrived next day and was packed fairly well. Excited i opened the box and then went to open the Xbox360 box , i noticed at this point the original seal had been broken and another circular seal had been placed on top. I thought this odd but opened the box anyway, everything seemed to be there but the 1 months Xbox live gold, i decided to phone amazon just to be on the safe side.

Amazon could not tell me why the box had been resealed and told me to use the item as it comes with warranty and they would look into the 1 months gold, i explained i was worried i had received a used console and they told me to check it and they would phone me back in 1 hour.

So i unwrapped the console and that is when i saw a number of scuff marks/scratches to the top and bottom of the console, i was really disappointed and did not bother turning the console on. i could not understand where the scuff marks had come from as the plastic bag seemed untampered with but i thought there is no way i am accepting this console in this condition when it is supposed to be brand new.

Amazon called back and had no further info on why the console had been resealed and told me the 1 months gold was only available when you sign up to the service with a new gamer tag when i explained this was not the case as the product description on amazon clearly says and still does

"What's In The Box?.... One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership"

The customer service rep just fobbed me off and said they would change the description as it was a error, i let this go as i was more concerned about the condition of the console. i explained how it looked used and to cut a long story short after much arguing a replacement was organised for next day and pickup arranged at different times by the same courier, they could not arrange it at the same time wasting my time further!

Next day the replacement came and guess what IT HAD BEEN OPENED AND WAS IN WORSE CONDITION THEN THE FIRST ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was fuming at this point phoned them up again, complained and all they had to say was send it back and they would investigate with the warehouse. i wish i had never bought this from these jokers and i have wasted 3 days indoors waiting for them to pick up and deliver scratched up consoles. No one ever got back to me about this as they stated and low and behold the product description still states 1 months gold included in the box though they have happily increased the price to 239.99.

I decided to purchase from Play.com, console arrive in brand new condition unopened, no marks anywhere and guess what was attached to the box, 1 months xbox live gold card and bonus microsoft points!!! Have a look at the picture i have uploaded on the product description.

I am really disappointed with amazon.co.uk and my poor buying experience with them, i recommend you do not purchase this package from them.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2013 11:30 AM GMT